Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

The darkness (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

The darkness (closed) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 11:02 am

"Dad wouldn't know. He did have a hand in the creation of the Animus, but these are nothing like the original designs." Ember pulled at her cigarette, and looked at the shade of swallows on her arm. "The way my friend got me back to myself was to feed me my own memories while introducing me to things that I was attached to, like Zuko. I think it might work with Austin."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Benjamin remained silent for a time, his gaze dropping first to the ground and then over to where Austin sat, fingers still intertwined in his hair, his face still hidden from sight. "And if i' doesn'?" He asked, turning back to Ember. In the depths of his eyes, there was concern for the Donnelly child. "I'm sorry for bein' pessimistic, bu' Austin's no' attached to anythin' excep' for Vixen and I'm pretty sure tha' his memories all include somethin' bad." Benjamin did have a point. With the exception of Haemon, all other Donnellys in Austin's ancestry were pairs. It had been a curse resulted from Haemon's desertion of the Assassins and love of a Templar.

Because Haemon had been born an Assassin and forsoke his blood inheritance, his sons and descendants were forever split. One would be an Assassin and the other would turn to the Templars and both would lose their parents in a horrific way that would leave them scarred.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm

"I have a pretty fucked up past too, Benji. Reliving my memories was no picnic in the park. Christ! I lost my team when a temple collapsed. I spent God knows how long in an asylum. Two of my best friends were killed by my ex. Let's not forget that I was raised by Assassins. I am a killing machine." Ember let out a sigh, and looked at Austin. She felt so bad for him. "We'll start with reintroducing him to Vixen. If that doesn't work, then we put him back in the Animus, and have him relive his memories."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 7:09 pm

Benjamin gave a tiny nod, remaining silent through her rant and through the sympathy she felt toward the Donnelly child. He wouldn't argue with her, nor tell her that she was wrong. He wasn't that kind of young man. "You do right by her, Beckett." Benjamin couldn't help but smile at Altaïr's words. He felt comforted knowing that both of the great Assassins long ago were guiding him, were helping him and knew that he himself had ties to each of them, even if it was indirect.
"I'll go ge' the fox," he said gently with a nod in Ember's direction before he slipped out of the study, giving Austin a soft glance as he passed.

Austin felt as though his mind was a battlefield in which the words of the Templar who had spoken to Haemon and the essence of Samuel Donnelly were fighting to see who could inhabit the boy's mind. As much as they didn't think so, Austin could hear them speaking about him outside in the real world, but he couldn't react or even acknowledge their words. He'd completely withdrawn into himself, nightmarish visions flashing before his eyes even as they were closed.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Ember finished her cigarette, and made her way back inside to see to Austin. She knelt down before him, and gently placed a warm hand on his shoulder. It was all she could think to do.
"Seth? Is there anything you or I can do for him" Ember asked sadly.
"Seth not sure. Must look at ancient books and scrolls."
"Thank you, Seth."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 8:24 pm

In from the door rushed the little russet red and white fox and after her came Benjamin, breathing heavily as though he'd run around the entire complex after Austin's animal friend. The Australian pointed a finger to Vixen as she darted underneath Austin's legs and hid in the shadows, his breath puffing out of his lungs with each word. "Tha' li'l she-devil wouldn' le' me touch 'er! Had to chase 'er all the way here!" He sounded unamused while Vixen gave a noise that sounded similar to a laugh while Benjamin stepped into the room and plopped down on a spare chair. "Now I know why I never go' myself a companion."
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:00 pm

"I'll get you a tortoise. They're relatively easy to catch" Ember said with a laugh before she looked down at Vixen. "Vixen, Austin needs your help. He's not quite feeling himself. Maybe you can make him better?" Ember held out her hand for the young fox to smell.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Vixen stretched her neck out as Benjamin stuck his tongue out at the back of Ember's head while the young fox sniffed her fingers. She raised her dark eyes and gave a soft cry before she snuck out from beneath the chair and twisted her body around to rest her paws on Austin's knee, her tail brushing against Ember's leg and her nose pressing against Austin's arm while a small cry caused her jaws to part. Austin barely made a move at her voice and Vixen was only encouraged to paw at his knee in a desperation to get his attention, crying out again.

It wasn't that Austin didn't hear his fox, he could. It was just that he'd withdrawn into himself. He was there physically, but mentally...he wasn't. He felt as though he were watching himself from afar, his mouth opening but no sound coming out of it. He wanted to touch Vixen, to comfort his fox and let her know that he was alright but nothing would work with him. He wanted to cry out, to say "It's okay, Vixen!" but he couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 8:06 am

Ember let out an annoyed growl, and sat down on a chair. She was clearly upset that she couldn't help Austin. Ember paced around the room angrily, her footsteps loud and heavy.
"Calm down, Ember" Donahue pleaded in Ember’s head.
"If you carry on like this, you'll let her take control" Elizabeth added.
"I DON'T CARE, I NEED TO HELP HIM" Ember roared. Seth knew what was happening, and quickly leapt in front of Benjamin, shielding him from the blast. Seth looked on at the figure in front of him, and let out a gasp. Ember had taken on the form of Morrigan.

The darkness (closed) - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7Cq2ReDQa4Hs0IVPUwfDMyVEYJrxuy0k5AvdGBoO0YxkBmFyIUZJLl_zD

"Austin Donnelly. Listen to me, and listen well! You are stronger than Haemon Donnelly. You must fight for what is yours!"
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:04 pm

A shiver had rippled through Austin's body at the voice. From the darkness hiding his face, a sort of dark grin tugged at the corners of his lips. Other than a faint, quiet chuckle, nothing stirred him. Benjamin looked between Ember and Austin, unsure of what to do or even if he should move to acknowledge that he was there. The grin quickly turned into a grimace and Austin's head moved down, further into the darkness his arms created while his fingers tightened into his hair and a tiny noise that sounded like a groan escaped his lips. Tiny responses, but responses nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:57 pm

"Austin Donnelly, you are a great warrior in the Assassin-Templar war. You are a descendent of Elizabeth Shay, and Samuel Donnelly. Two of the greatest Assassins to ever live! You are more than Haemon. You are stronger than Haemon! Just fight back!" Morrigan looked at Haemon, and let out an ear-splitting screech.
"Morrigan is testing Austin's worth" Seth explained as he continued to shield Benjamin.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 1:26 pm

The screech reverberated throughout Austin's body and a cry played on his own lips, though no sound came out. All the images that had haunted him throughout the day flashed through his mind. Blood, the hidden blade shining darkly, its edge slick with blood and the Assassin whose fangs cut through flesh. Only thing that lingered was the nightmare he'd had first that had led to him entering the Animus in the first place. Except this time, it moved. The figure shrouded in darkness straightened up, his arm dropping just slightly to his side as a drop of blood dripped off of its tip. The sound of the drop striking a larger mass echoed in his ears before falling silent, the words of the Templar that had spoken echoing in his mind for a while longer.

Benjamin remained where he was, his gaze shifting over to Austin and back to Ember, his eyes wide while his mouth found a word to utter. "Why?" His voice was more of a squeak than anything else, showing how terrified he was at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:12 pm

"Morrigan is goddess of war, look after warriors. Austin must prove that Austin can survive Morrigan's screams before Morrigan will help him" Seth explained as he looked on at the screeching celtic goddess. "Screams not affect Beckett because of Ember protection."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:38 pm

Benjamin looked from Seth to Morrigan and back again before his eyes darted swiftly over to Austin, who seemed to be a little more animated than before, though his movements were slight. "How is he supposed to withstand i'?" He asked, his voice recovering.

Austin's fingers moved slightly in his hair, his head sliding down into the darkness created by his arms and body. The screams didn't seem like they were much affecting the Donnelly, except causing him to stir just slightly enough that they all knew that he was still alive. Vixen, however, had darted back underneath Austin's chair, her dark eyes glowing in the darkness as she awaited what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:36 pm

"Through courage, purity, and strength of character." Morrigan strode over to Austin, and hoisted him into the air.
"Haemon, accept that you have lost this battle. Leave the boy alone" Morrigan barked before she let out another ear-splitting screech.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:05 pm

After the screech reverberated through Austin's body, another laugh rose from the boy's throat as he was suspended in the air, held by the goddess of war. "You may have won today," the voice that emerged from beyond Austin's lips weren't his own. They were someone else's. Haemon's. "But you cannot keep me from him forever. He is, after all, blood of my blood." With a scream of pain, Austin's body arched for a brief moment before he fell limp in the arms of the goddess. Benjamin would have thought Austin dead had it not been for the subtle rising and falling of the Donnelly's chest that told that he still drew breath.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:42 pm

"It is done. I shall return when I am needed once again." Morrigan carried Austin over to the chair, and set him down slowly. She performed some strange ritual, placed the feather of a crow on Austin's chest, and drew a strange symbol on Austin's hand before she made her way to the other chair where she passed out, and slowly her form reverted back to that of Ember.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 pm

"Ember!" Benjamin was up in a flash and crossed the floor to stand in front of the young woman, a hand resting lightly upon her hand. Austin's eyes clenched tight for a moment before his body shifted in the chair. His head pounded but he no longer felt as though he was watching himself from afar.
"What happened?" He asked groggily, his voice hoarse. A hand raised to touch his forehead, fingers lightly digging into his hair as he straightened himself up. Vixen gave a series of happy cries and leapt from where she was under the chair to his lap in a few bounds.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Seth looked at Ember, his eyes filled with concern. He didn't know if Ember was alright, or not. He didn't know if she would be the same.
"I'm fine, Benji. Just a bit tired is all" Ember said with a cough as she sat up. Seth breathed a sigh of relief, and wiped his face. "Haemon took control over you. We tried everything to get you back, but nothing worked, so Morrigan took over me."
"Morrigan scream for long time. Seth still have small headache. Morrigan confront Haemon. Haemon is gone, for now."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Benjamin's shoulders sagged with relief upon hearing that Ember was alright. Austin's hands went to his fox's fur and there they remained for a time, his eyes resting upon his young fox friend. "Gone for now?" Austin's voice shook. "Are you saying...he could come back?" Austin sounded scared. He didn't like the feeling of not being in his own body and Vixen seemed to catch onto his fear, giving a soft cry and butting her head against his chin for comfort. Austin ran his hands through her fur to try and calm himself down, deep breaths helping only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 6:59 pm

"Haemon threatened to return one day, but Morrigan did ritual, left feather, and drew symbol. Should keep Haemon away" Seth said as he scratched behind his ear. He looked at Ember, and smiled. He was happy to know that she was safe.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:08 pm

Austin looked down at the back of his hand for a moment before he returned his gaze to his companion who looked up at him with her big dark eyes. He shivered at the thought of Haemon one day returning and being forced from his own body again. Then the slightest rumble from his stomach reminded him of how little he'd eaten that day and a quick glance to the sky outside told of the actual time. It was around nine at night and Austin could tell by the soft silver sheen on the grass that the moon was full.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:49 pm

"Come on, I'll fix up something for us to eat" Ember said as she tried to get to her feet.
"No! Little Dragon not cook tonight, Little Dragon is too weak" Seth said with a growl. Ember sat back down on the chair, and took a deep breath to calm the pounding in her head. "Seth will find Walter to make food." Seth raced off to find Walter for food.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Benjamin and Austin both couldn't help but grin, though Benjamin had a laugh to back his up. "He takes good care o' you, don' he?" Benjamin asked, turning back to Ember while Austin's eyes remained fixed upon his companion. He wondered when the last time Vixen got fed was, but didn't care to ask.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 am

"Yeah, Seth's kinda like a second father to me" Ember said with a laugh before she looked over to Austin and Vixen. "BABIES" Ember shouted. She could hear tiny feet hitting wood with every step, and smiled when the two hyenas burst into the room. They leapt onto Ember, and licked at her happily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The darkness (closed)   The darkness (closed) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The darkness (closed)
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next