Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

The Vampire's Rise

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:18 pm

"Fireweed is a very rare herb. I normally use it in poisons, but if you mix it with some other herbs, it makes the blood warm" Lilith explained. She was still quite warm, hot even. "I don't know what you are going to do, but I need a swim. There's some good wine and whiskey in the bigger chest, and a few herbs in the smaller chest. Do you mind if I go for a swim in the deepest pool?"
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Haemon shook his head with a smile. "Not at all." He said before a laugh escaped his throat. "This was your sanctuary first. You can do what you like." His smile told her that he truly didn't mind. "I only have one request: tell me the herbs needed for my head."
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 5:53 pm

"They're all in labeled containers. You'll want to mix fireweed, lavender, and chamomile in equal quantities. Add it to some water, and drink it" Lilith explained before she stood up. She made her way down to the lowest pool, extinguished some of the torches so her figure was barely visible before she stripped down, and slipped into the water.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

Haemon rose and went to the chests. He did just as she'd told him and drank the mixture once it was finished. He grumbled later at how bad it had tasted before he grabbed a bottle of whiskey and took a drink before he went back to the spot he'd been at earlier. He dipped his feet into the cool water before he took another drink of the whiskey and thought about all that had happened thus far. He was a Templar now, but would remain an Assassin for their cause. He'd fallen in love with a literal demon and now something was changing his body. And he could never forget that he had almost gone through withdrawal of Lilith's blood. Her blood....Haemon closed his eyes and shivered for a moment.

The herbs were working, at least. His head was starting to stop hurting so much and the fireweed and the whiskey combines was starting to warm his blood. He still wondered if it was dark outside, though he wasn't keen on leaving this place just yet.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 11:42 am

"Feeling any better, little bat" Lilith asked with a chuckle as she sat down beside Haemon. She had wrapped her black cloak around her to cover herself, and she had put her clothes in a neat pile on one of the chests. Lilith sat with her feet in the water, her red hair had taken on a darker hue due to it being soaked. "Any time I've been cornered by Assassins, I've always found the deepest body of water, and just swam. I've found that all the Assassins in these parts can't swim." Lilith looked at Haemon, and tilted her head slightly. Haemon hadn't been in the water yet. "Haemon, can you swim?"
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Haemon flickered his eyes open for a moment to stare up at her before he struggled into a sitting position and took another drink of the whiskey he'd gotten from one of the chests. He stayed silent even after he swallowed and stared down at the deepest pool in the cave. "I wasn't born here, like the others." he said slowly, a saddened look crossing his face as he thought of his mother. "I was born in London. We lived near the docks and more often than not, the sound of the waves would lull me to sleep.

"I remember playing in the waves on the beach, but I don't remember ever swimming."
He frowned a little and rubbed a hand through his hair. "Though, Mother had claimed that my father was the best swimmer she'd ever seen. And he was born here."
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 4:19 pm

"I'm so sorry. I meant no offence." Lilith hid her face from Haemon. How could she have asked such a stupid question? Lilith looked into the darkness, thinking to herself. He hadn't answered her question, but she didn't want to probe any further. The last thing she wanted to do was drive him off.
"I don't remember my childhood. I don't remember anything about my family, let alone my childhood" Lilith said sadly.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Haemon seemed to laugh at her change of subject and gave her shoulder a pat. "Like I said. I don't remember swimming. Don't know if mother ever taught me how." He laughed quietly to himself and pushed a hand through his hair. "You know, I find it funny. No Assassin here can swim. They're all too afraid of the water. But my dad, according to mum, could easily escape through the water and swim miles at a time before he got tired." Haemon stopped talking for a moment. He thought about his mother and how templars had killed her. His hand tightened on the bottle of whiskey, the glass groaning in his hand. "Excuse me for a moment." He said softly, rising to his feet. He wasn't going far.

He climbed down the rocks to the lowest pool and took another drink of the whiskey before he set it aside and began to strip himself down. Thankfully, he'd already removed his shirt earlier. Now, he just tossed his pants off to the side and stepped into the cool water. With a deep breath, Haemon submerged himself and resurfaced a little further out from the shore. There, he went onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, thankful for the darkness that Lilith had created by dimming the torches. He remained down there for a moment before he climbed out of the water and pulled his pants back on, not really caring that the material was getting wet from his body. He swiped the bottle of whiskey up off the floor and went back to Lilith.

Water dripped down his back and hair. So he could swim. It was just that he didn't remember swimming. He took another drink of the whiskey before he asked her a question. "You said that your blood was unique. That I'd go mad without having it every once in awhile. How often is that, really?" He wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:32 am

"I don't know. To be fair, you're different now. I think once a week should be enough to keep you from going insane. I'll mix some of my blood with wine for you. That way, if I have to go on a mission, you'll be alright." Lilith had finally dried off, and found a place in the darkness where she could put her clothes on again.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 1:52 am

"And if once a week is not enough?" Haemon's voice shivered. He hated the thought and looked down into the pool where he dipped his feet back into again. Different. Haemon had always been different.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 2:10 pm

"Well, we'll just have to try and keep your thirst under control, little bat" Lilith said with a smile. She sat down beside Haemon, and stared into the water. "We should probably head back. It should be dark by now."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 2:18 pm

"Great." Haemon said as he rose to his feet and grabbed his shirt from the stone. "It's probably nighttime now and I don't think I'll be getting any sleep. I don't feel tired at all." He sounded perplexed. What would he do?
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 4:09 pm

"In my early days, I used to prowl the city at night. With my speed, I'd chase down mice, and collect them for the cats that couldn't hunt for themselves." Lilith chuckled quietly at the memories of her early days. She ran her fingers through her hair before she stood up and stretched. "I'm sure that you will find something that you would like to do."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Haemon thought for a moment. What was with the Templars and cats? He snorted softly and then smiled when he remembered the elderly she-cat who had taken a shine to him. "I'm curious, Lilith. Have you seen an old cat named Maria?" He wanted to know if the old one was doing well. He'd grown quite fond of her himself. He set off toward the path they'd taken to get here, making it obvious he wanted to leave.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 6:55 pm

"Maria isn't doing too well. She is old, and life hasn't always been kind to her. She is resting at the barracks with Donahue" Lilith said sadly as she followed after Haemon. She put out the torches as they passed them.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Haemon felt his heart twist in his chest and then fall stiff. He'd never had such emotions toward an animal before. Probably because he never had one as a child. "I hope Donahue will give her an ultimate kindness." Haemon said quietly as he reached the trapdoor and pushed it open with a hand. "Let her go without any pain." He hauled himself up through the floor and bent back down to help Lilith climb out. His eyes sparkled with pain and it was obvious he didn't want Maria to suffer any longer than she had to. From the amount of pain harbored in his eyes, he'd never had a pet of his own before. Maria had been the closest he'd gotten to a pet and now he was likely having to say goodbye to the old cat.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Lilith accepted Haemon's help, and dusted herself off after she had closed the hatch.
"Perhaps we should go to the barracks. It would be best for you if you were to say farewell to her" Lilith said softly as she rested her hand on Haemon's shoulder. She could only imagine what he was going through, losing a little fury friend. Lilith looked around for Dracul, and smiled when she saw the little bat eating a bit of fruit. She grabbed the tiny bat, and set him on her shoulder. "Come on, let's go see the old girl. I'm sure she'd be happy to see you."
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Haemon nodded in agreement and followed her out of the house silently.

About midnight was when they reached the barracks. Now, Haemon was with Maria, his hand calmly and gently stroking her matted fur. He was silent and his gaze was cast upon the old she-cat. If anything, he was glad that he'd gotten to see her again.

(Someone should definitely get him a kitten a month later XD)
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 4:34 am

Maria let out a half meow, and pressed her head against Haemon's hand. She purred happily before she licked Haemon's hand. Maria had curled up on Haemon's lap, her breathing slowing until it came to a complete stop.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

Haemon fought back the tears and buried his other hand in Maria's fur as the warmth slowly seeped from it. "Sleep well, old girl." He breathed, his voice choking. He was fighting back his emotions. He didn't want to appear weak here of all places. But it was hard and a few tears leaked out of his eyes while he was fighting to keep his breathing even. His eyes closed after a while and he had to take a deep breath that rattled in his chest and shook when it exited his lips.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 am

Lilith placed a loving hand on Haemon's shoulder.
"I shall prepare her body for the ceremony. Haemon, I know not of your religious beliefs, but I was hoping that you would allow me to perform a pagan ceremony for Maria. She was a warrior, and she deserves a warrior's funeral." Lilith's eyes were swimming with tears. She had loved the old tabby a great deal, and she was trying to hide her pain. Donahue was also teary eyed. Maria was the first cat that he had found when he arrived at Jerusalem.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:52 am

Haemon nodded at Lilith's words. He didn't care, but she was right. Maria was a warrior. With a deep breath Haemon got up and carefully arranged the old tabby's body in the spot where he'd been sitting to make it appear as though she was just sleeping. "I, um...I need some air. Send someone for me when it's time." He said, his voice choking. Before either of them had the chance to see him cry, he swept from the room and into the cool air of night. He didn't go far. In fact, he merely had climbed to the roof of the barracks and sat there now, his eyes closed and tears falling freely now that he wasn't around anyone. At least the night air was comforting.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 2:05 pm

Lilith carried Maria's body to her room where she would tend to the cat's body. She bathed the old tabby, and dried her off before rubbing some oils into the cats fur. Lilith wrapped Maria in white cloth, and arranged some flowers on the old cat's corpse. Lilith put on white robes, and did her hair. She smeared white paint under her eyes, and down her chin.

Donahue had gone off to find the few pagans that stayed at the barracks, and made a small funeral pyre for his old friend.

"Haemon, the ceremony is about to begin" Donahue said as he made his way onto the rooftop.
Back to top Go down
DarkAssassin
Precursor
Precursor
DarkAssassin

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Haemon's back trembled for a moment before the man rose to his feet and drew his arm across his face. He turned only once he'd cleaned up a bit and tousled his hair before he silently went toward Donahue, head bowed. He climbed down the building easily, sliding most of the way until he was halfway to the bottom, where he jumped off and landed lightly in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Voidmon
Admin
Admin
Voidmon

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 1:25 am

Donahue led Haemon down to the courtyard. The few fellow pagans attending the ceremony were beating on drums and playing strange instruments. Two women danced while another sang. Cats were standing everywhere. Lilith walked into the courtyard, cradling Maria in her one arm like the old tabby was a baby. Her staff bobbed up and down as she walked. Lilith set Maria on the funeral pyre, and stepped back.
"Dia, an deis seo a laoch faoi do sciathán. Tá sí ag throid i bhfad ar feadh a saoil ar fad. Féadfaidh sí a bheith ar son na síochána sa saol eile. Tóg anois, a Dhia, a spiorad. Lig dúinn cuimhneamh uirthi go deo níos mó. Tá sí anois mar chuid de gach uile duine againn. Luaithreach a luaithreach. Cosúil leis an abhainn a ritheann amach sa aigéan, ní mór gach rud a thagann chun deiridh. Lena linn sin, a bheith againn mar chuid de rud éigin níos mó. Sa lá atá inniu a théimid ag siúl i measc ár gcairde, ach amárach is féidir linn siúl i measc tú, an bhiotáille." Lilith held her flaming staff against the funeral pyre until the pyre went up in flames. Lilith sang a song in her mother tongue. She looked to Haemon and sang the song once again in English for him to understand.

(Translation:
God, take this warrior under your wing. She has fought much throughout her long life. May she be at peace in the afterlife. Take now, oh God, her spirit. Let us remember her forever more. She is now a part of each and every one of us. Ashes to Ashes. Like the river flowing into the ocean, everything must come to an end. In doing so, we become part of something greater. Today we walk amongst our friends, but tomorrow we may walk amongst you, the spirits.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Vampire's Rise   The Vampire's Rise - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Vampire's Rise
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next