Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

An unusual alliance [closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

An unusual alliance [closed] Empty
PostSubject: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Uncultured.

Uncivilised.

Ill-mannered.

But she had the strength of one of her country’s bears twofold and for brute strength and seafaring prowess she was a valuable asset.

Coming to the West-Indies, to be amongst idiots and animals from all countries, Dante hadn’t held any high expectation in the first place. But, this filthy pocket of the earth still managed to disappoint him on a daily basis.

One man had found the largest word in his vocabulary and used it to address the cleric as a ‘cynical dog of the Church’. Dante knew he was what they would call ‘a realist’, and so the realistic response was to wait and then stick the rodent with a knife, cut out the tongue rotten with rum, before shoving him o’er board; watching him flounder and drown by the light of the moon in the black waters of a night time ocean.

He then had to thoroughly wash his garments, that mere touch having sullied the cloth.

The scent of any soap was overpowered by the sickening perfumes of vodka, blood and polish and he had grown to find another few things for him to despise – thus hanging his rosaries (now sans blood) about his neck and emerging from the ‘washroom’ below decks of the ‘Czarina’ he looked about with his look of cool and passive malignance.

A few crewmates wondered where Timothy had vanished off to and suggested going into port again to scout before they left on their voyage, but Dante persuaded them otherwise with nought but sharp wits and a sharp tongue. His imposing nature didn’t hurt either.

“Where is the Captain?” He asked in his calm baritone voice heavy with lilting accent. The sun was barely peeping above the horizon, “it’s time we were away.”
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:01 pm

Claudius was resting against the rail of the "Czarina"  As he heard the men speaking he felt the back of his head.  His hand recoiled as he felt a lump on his head.  Well no wonder his headache is worst than normal.  They must of went hard last night.  He tried to recall what happened last night but he couldn't find that memory.  Either way he stood up and opened and closed his eyes trying to wake up but it really didn't work.  As he approached the men talking about returning to port without open his eyes talked to them.  "Oi, keep it down and find him in 10 minutes or we are casting off without you now go."

As he opened his eyes the men had diapered from his sight and he stumbled towards Dante, as he reached the man Claudius used his shoulder as a brace to steady himself.  "Sorry can we keep it down a bit.  This headache is worst than normal, so why don't we wait a bit before i call her.  If i miss my guess we didn't ed off on the right foot me and the Captain.  Look at this lump."

He turned around and a large red welt on his head.  Now Claudius looked towards the Captain's cabin hoping he still wasn't go to get it once she emerged.
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:27 pm

"That is no fault of mine Judas," Dante began, only acknowledging the welt with a look of his usual cold disinterest before rolling his tongue in his cheek and feeling about the cross which hung by his sternum.

"Perhaps learn not to provoke the bear next time. Although the more I find myself repeating that the more I feel as though the advice is wasted on you."

Judas was a name he had pinned upon the Roman for obvious reasons, it wasn't as though the man had made his past allegiances to the assassins subtle considering his attire, and thus the Sicilian would always regard the Claudius as a traitor; even if his betrayal was in favour of the better side.

Bringing the cross to his lips, he kissed the image lightly and recanting a prayer in his mind; lips ghosting the voiceless Latin scriptures.

"Do your job 'Cabin Boy'," he spoke calmly, moving just so to remove Claudius' hand from his shoulder. He tolerated his presence, as he did with most, and so the invasion of so close a space wasn't something the cleric appreciated. "This state of these men is a disgrace, and unless you want our quarry to gain considerable headway I suggest you wake the Russian."
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 pm

Claudius straighten up and with the cold eyes of his old brotherhood stared the man down.  "Oh so the fact that i just happen to be this and born in a place i had no control over makes me Judas.  Ha if your kind weren't so obsessed with power and spread the wealth around.  Like the church teaches.  Then my respect for you would rise, you claim to follow an "Father of Understanding"  but to what end.  You place your faith in something intangible, unobtainable, where as my old order believes that each life is responsible for itself and those who try and stop that growth is but a block in the road to human evolution."

Claudius was fuming and he would have killed this man long ago but Russia said no.  He promised once this man left the ship he would make it his life mission to kill him.  No matter how any bodies pile up he would it for the good of the world.  "When you are around hot heads as much as I have been they rub of on us.  So yes i poke the bear but i do it for my own reasons.  As for high and mighty attitude comes from that cross you ware.  Take it away and your but a small shriveled up little man who has it out for others because he can. If you can me "Cabin boy one more time i will make you swallow your damn teeth. Only true members of this crew can call me that, understand that old man."
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:48 pm

“No. You are a Judas because you betrayed your own, sicarius,” Dante smiled viciously at such a display of backbone from the younger man but kept his eyes on the horizon out of which the sun was rising languidly; bleeding red into grey waves. “Is it your intention to discuss philosophy this early with me?” The cleric rested a hand upon the wooden rail of the portside, “I thought you required a few more drinks down your gullet before you became so stupid as to argue such points with one who knows far more than you.”

The pads of his fingers, calloused beyond those of one who was a mere man of the cloth, followed the wood grain idly. “You can take away my garments, my cross, but that leaves behind a man of higher understanding, of intellect, one who understands that there is more to this world than our own individual selves. Without a higher power, then there is nought to aspire to, merely a lapse or contentment with the present. No drive, no ambition, no future.”

The cleric patted the rail and turned to Claudius properly, speaking to him face to face rather than over his shoulder. Maroon eyes pinned the younger man’s own steeled gaze, “your beloved order, whom you played turncoat may I remind you, would have humanity play with the dirt on the ground and call such things freedom.”

He finished his subconscious prayer and tucked the cross back inside his shirt, lacking any strictly religious clothing, in precaution of some pirate chancing his luck and ending up having to lose both his hands.

“Claudius, my son,” Dante smiled with his own subtle machiavellian malice, “did nobody tell you to respect your elders?” A small dark chuckle as he clasped his hands before his waist, "an elder who is quite the bit taller than yourself for all you call him 'little' and 'shrivelled' I may add."
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:19 am

Claudius looked at the sun, it was a pretty shade of,res this morning and hell the water was so calm it almost looked like glass. What would have been a great morning for most was a normal day on the Czarina. "You might be old but that doesn't make you an elder. Your own self-absorption of your order blinds you to the fact that man even without a God can aspire to greater things than "playing in the dirt". They show that mind control and blackmail aren't ways of control. We kill those who further chaos in the world And while it's not a perfect system it works better than yours."

Claudius rested his hands on the rails an looked out to the sea. Pointing to some random area he spoke once again. "Your right in your eyes I am a turncoat and a drunk but that doesn't stop me from living the life I please. The bet I made long ago is over but I stay for the fun this crew brings. Solitude will only get you so far, even a man of your power needs smaller men like me or Russia to help you stand no matter how strong or prideful you are. Never forget that truth Dante, never forget you are out numbered out here. Wit and tongue will only get you so far."

Claudius couldn't pin why he had stayed maybe he forgot to leave and bow it seems like a waste just to leave. Maybe it was some other reason either way this was a weird day. "So old man care to earn my respect or are you just going to brood over the fact that you really aren't my elder?"
Back to top Go down
bunbunny
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
bunbunny

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 am

"Capitán?"

The whisper was silent, almost inaudible as the cabin boy stepped into the darkened cabin. Bottles laid everywhere around the room along with various trinkets that had been collected during their many travels. Nothing stirred. The scrawny teen stepped deeper into the room, making sure not to trip on any of the objects on the floor.

"Capitán?"

He whispered again, now closer to the large round wooden table in the middle of the room, maps laid strewn on it's surface with clutter and sloppy handwriting on them, illuminated by the red light of the sun slipping through the windows in the back of the cabin. There was a low rumble coming from the far end of the table. Silence then fell again and the cabin boy cleared his throat nervously and then said a little louder:

"Buenos días capitán."

There was the rumble again, this time a little louder then there was a groan and then rustling as the large figure at the end of the table lift her head and pried a map that had stuck to her cheek off of her face. "Joaquín, silencio." her voice was hoarse but the Spanish rolled off her tongue like water as she lazily scratched her head and then made eye contact with the boy. He looked nervous as he stood before the table fidgeting with the sash around his waist. Sighing Jekaterina rubbed her eyes and reached for a bottle on the side of the table. Grasping it she quickly put it to her lips and tilted it up so she could have it's contents.

Empty.

Annoyed she threw it to the side and stood up, making a note that she was barefoot as she felt the cold wooden boards under her soles. Walking around the table she put a large hand on the boy's shoulder as she grabbed another bottle and emptied it in a few chugs before also throwing it to the side and asking:

"¿Qué te trae por aquí?" (What brings you here?) The teen awkwardly shifted his weight to his other foot before answering.

"Timoteo ha desaparecido y el sacerdote y grumete están discutiendo de nuevo." (Timothy has disappeared and the priest and cabin boy are arguing again.) A statement that made Jekaterina's eyes narrow. She didn't appreciate that some of the more.. crude.. men in her crew had started going missing since she had let that italian on her ship. Things hadn't gotten better when she made that stubborn assassin ass get on board as well.

Why he was her quartermaster was a mystery to her. At least he had done a pretty good job with it so far so she couldn't really complain about that. She however didn't appreciate that he was stirring up shit with her crew.

"Usted puede dejar de buscar a Timoteo. Yo me encargo del sacerdote y grumete." (You can stop looking for Timothy. I'll take care of the priest and cabin boy.) Leading Joaquín out by the shoulder from her cabin she then patted him and told her cabin boy to go and help the chef in hushed spanish before turning her attention to the two men by the rail.

"CABIN BOY!" her booming voice made several men turn their heads before returning to their work. "OVER HERE NOW, WE HAVE TO DISCUSS!" she yelled shooting both him and Dante a dirty look as she then turned her attention elsewhere. The water was calm, no wind in other words. They couldn't set sail with no wind. Huffing she addressed the other members of crew as she shouted:

"We sail in one hour!" a statement that was met with a unanimous "Aye!" from her men.
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:16 pm

"ITS "WE HAVE SOMETHING TO DISCUSS" I will teach you proper English one of these day if your weren't to drunk to remember."

Claudius walked over to Russia but not before giving one last jab at Dante "We will settle this later and i will make you regret coming after me like that see yea." As he sauntered over to the Captain where most of the men on deck who be careful coming to her he stood his ground. It was one of the reasons he became quartermaster. He made her hardheadedness pale next to him. "Good to see you up before noon, now do you want me to fetch the others or leave them be?"
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Dante’s smile remained, although sobered in its sharpness and more casual as though it were commonplace, and listened to the younger man looking as though he cared for his opinion. The same face he wore to his congregations which he could remove behind the partition of a confessional. A small hum of condescension and before he could say much beyond, “…then the Lord must forgive me for my mistrust in you…” the harsh intonations of the Russian rebounded off the wooden frame of the Czarina and the cleric looked to catch the dirty look shot their way.

Folding his hands as if in prayer before his chest, he bowed his head slightly as if in submission to her authority. Of course however, he kept his eyes locked with her; the two of them tied in rank. He may have been a Master of their Order, but she was the Master of their vessel and that held them in an uneasy truce of equality.

“Padre,” a voice warbled vulnerably behind him and he turned without heeding the threat from the assassin. The man behind him had a few more about his flanks, all Spaniards, and they held themselves in humility to the priest of their faith, “¿Puedes dirigir la oración antes de que navegamos?” (Can you lead prayer before we sail?)

His look of comfort held and he bowed his head, placing his hand upon the shorter man’s shoulder. He felt it tense beneath his palm. “Por supuesto mi hijo.” (Of course my son.)
Back to top Go down
bunbunny
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
bunbunny

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Jekaterina's eyes became slits at her quartermaster's disrespectful response and she felt her suspicion about the priest grow as he bowed but held eye contact. How he could play things like hardhearted murder off like nothing happened would always be something she found odd. But then again he was a grand master within the Templar order, she could not expect he had played fairly all the time on his way to the top. He was always a bit shady, always having an unsettling aura around him. Now she didn't know if that was because he was a priest and cruel or if it was the horrifying thought of what could happen if he had control over her ship.

Shaking her head to rid her thoughts she then turned her attention to her quartermaster yet again as she heard his voice drill itself into her hungover ears. Her eyes were as cold as her tone as she spoke to him, her heavy accent weighing down every word:

"Disrespect me again and you will be in water. I do not hesitate about things like that." there was a silence and a glare before she continued: "Next time you complain about my sleep, you will draw route and break up crew fights. Understand?" she turned her back to him to head up to the poop deck and the helm and mumbling:

"Gather the rest, we have to discuss and do not make the priest angry or I will throw both of you in water. Oh and if I hear about you stirring shit up you are gone, da? Now отвяжись!"

She really was in no mood to deal with disrespectful subordinates today.
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 pm

There were many things the young Templar had heard about the captain of the ship – Czarina. Although Evangeline had never met the woman, not to mention even seen her, the descriptions of the Russian had already left an impression of the sailor in the young woman's head.

Regardless of her being happy of going on yet another adventure that could possibly open her eyes more, give her more chances to see and discover the world, it would be a lie if she'd tell she was excited about the new voyage. No.

Evangeline hated the sea. She hated deep waters, the smell and the storms. She felt safe on the solid ground. And as someone who took care of hygiene, the lack of opportunities to wash herself when ever she needed to, was way more disturbing than she had imagined few days before. But she had promised her father, and she had agreed with the Order that she would oblige and do what she was told, and thus she found herself standing on the deck of the ship, holding a bag with her clothes and several other necessities that she felt were important for her (hint: soaps and perfumes).

For this voyage she wore the same clothes as she did when she participated in missions: a typical Templar “uniform” that was quite comfortable. And, just to feel safer and blend more in, she had a pair of scimitars on her hips and pistols on the belts that were attached to her thin waist. Although she tried to conceal her femininity, it was hard to fool people who took time to observe her more closely.

She leaned against the rail and looked at the mainland. She had even forgotten the tiny detail of how long they would spend on the sea? A week? Maybe two? Eva gritted her teeth and looked down at the water. She already felt nauseous and could taste both sour and bitterness in her mouth.

That, however was soon forgotten when she heard a small conflict from a distance. Turning her head, the Templar lifted her had and looked at the two men, recognizing one instantly. A pope and a cabin boy. What did they have to argue about? Faith? Eva wasn't raised in a family that shared such deep religious beliefs. They attended the church, but that was more to show people that they shared something in common with the others. Sighing quietly, Evangeline turned around and decided to examine the ship that would act as her foster home for a while.
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:20 pm

“Réspice, Dómine, supplicatiónibus nostris: et benedícam-“ Dante made the sign of the cross to the kneeling Spaniards away from prying eyes although his deep voice resounded resolutely, ”-nómini Sancto dextera navis et omnis qui in ea sicut voluisti benedicat Noe arca ferebatur super aquas fluminis: Extende manum eis, Domine, dextera tua ut beatum Petrum ambulantem supra mare fecisti, et mittere dignéris sanctum Angelum tuum de caelis, qui ab omnibus periculis liberet ac tueatur navi, omnes qui cum eis sunt: et propulsando malo: da fámulis tuis tranquillitas optatam cursu semper et in statione, ea res exitum et recte faciant, et cum venerit iterum ad semetipsos eosque omni gaudio. Amen.”

A sprinkle of water made holy by his blessing hit the deck before the knees of the Spanish men and they rose after making their own crosses; pressing their lips to their clasped hands or small crosses upon necklaces or bracelets with heads bowed in reverence. With a thanks to the cleric, they then filed away and dispersed to continue their usual business.

Dante followed soon after and looked about himself, having not noticed the girl wander aboard before but certainly noticing her now considering how out of place she seemed. She put him in the mind of a deer or rabbit, staying at the edges of the Czarina as though chancing her luck in the territory of wolves and foxes.

“You are not lost are you my child?”
Dante seemed concerned in his ‘benevolence’, stepping towards the girl with care, as if she would bolt in fright. “Or do you have business?”

When the cleric looked upon her, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was forgetting something, a correspondence perhaps. He knew somewhere, instinctually you could say, that this girl was supposed to be here.

(Harken, O Lord, to our supplications and bless (here the Sign of the Cross is made) by Thy holy right hand this boat and all who travel in it, as Thou hast vouchsafed to bless Noe's ark carried upon the waves of the flood: Stretch forth to them, O Lord, Thy right hand, as Thou hast done to Blessed Peter when walking upon the sea, and send Thy holy Angel from heaven, who may deliver and protect this boat from all dangers, with all who will be therein: and repelling all adversities, grant Thy servants a calm voyage and the always wished-for haven, let them carry out and rightly finish their business, and when the time comes again, call them back to their home with all joy. Amen.)
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:38 pm

The fight was silenced by a woman with a heavy accent and that was when Evangeline turned around to look at their captain. It was hard to hide a surprise that appeared on both her face and eyes. This woman was big! Not just simply tall, she was also very muscular and appeared quite vulgar. Suddenly the teen felt like a little child compared to the one who was responsible for their trip. But she had to admit that regardless of being more masculine than majority of the men on this ship, the so called Mother Russia was also granted with a certain beauty that made her quite exotic in these lands. Realizing that she had been staring for far too long, the girl lowered her gaze and continued with studying the surface of the ship. The only things she knew about it were the words such as the reeling, wheel, the deck and sails. Of course she recognized the cannons, but how did the whole system work here she did not know.

Eventually her eyes fell on the mainland again and she sighed quietly. She already missed it, but she was too proud to go and inform the Order that she hated the sea and was not able to handle this situation. No, she would not go back and she would not give in to the fear. Drawing a deep breath, the Templar lifted her chin and looked up into the light blue sky. She would manage herself with the company well for she was quite patient and proud and although the crew was full of members who loved to drink and fight, she was certain she would not sink as low as they were.

Only when someone addressed her did Evangeline tilt her head enough to look at the man. Much to her surprise it was the priest whom she had seen arguing earlier. Her eyebrows lifted up a bit and she turned herself completely to face him. His question was sincere and his posture quite careful, as if he was afraid of scaring her. The young woman shook her head and offered him a smile when he asked her another question. She bowed her head and bent her back, offering him a polite greeting:“Business, father,” she replied. With the weapons she was carrying it was quite obvious that Eva did not come on this ship just for a relaxing trip. As a matter of fact her tension was quite visible with an eye and she realized suddenly that this might have been the reason why he had approached her in the first place.

Resting her hands behind her back, Evangeline examined the man. He did not seem to be very old. Maybe in his mid thirties up to forties, she wasn't exactly sure, but to tease herself more, she allowed her mind to play tricks and games on her as she tried to uncover him more. “Are you looking forward to the trip, father?” the teen questioned, deciding to avoid the possible silence between them. And honestly she felt that she would have a better conversation with a priest than anyone else on this ship.
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:23 pm

He bowed his head in commonplace humility when addressing such people openly. To be actively hostile to strangers wasn’t something he practiced often, lest he was intending on having them perish in a most horrible manner. Aggression wasn’t a suitable method concerning women in such circumstance, especially one as young as the one before him. Dante reckoned early twenties although he was never one to claim the most sharpest of observational senses and the girl was so pale and so odd in this hot demonic world of the West-Indies that it rendered her as an ethereal, a phantom almost. She even spoke in a mannerly fashion and he responded graciously in turn.

“I am ill-equipped upon a warship,”
he began, gesturing from her own weapons to himself and his lack thereof, “but I shall try to look forward to the voyage despite keeping in company of habitual sinners.”

The cleric clasped his hands once more before the neat sash at his waist and his fingers slot together nicely apart from the gap upon his left due to the lack of that particular ring finger. He often covered the absence of the digit by laying one hand within the other and after a few minutes had passed he would shift the position of his hands to idly twist the ring upon his right ring finger, the ring of his status, usually made of precious metal but the one he wore was rather odd – looking more like bone than anything else – carved with the Templar seal with minimal gilding. Understated but sophisticated…if not a little morbid.

“Whom does your business concern?”
He asked, having caught how she had stared at Jekaterina and not being surprised in the slightest. “Perhaps our Slavic Captain? I would suggest waiting an hour or so. The hangover is still in effect and souring her mood I’m afraid.”

“Your name however,”
he looked back to the girl, still feeling the faint tremor of déjà vu and not being able to recollect why, “I would have sooner rather than later my child. If you please.”
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:59 am

Claudius rolled his eyes, he knew she wouldn't do it but none the less he wouldn't temp fate here. She was a follower of the Templars and with a Grand Master here it was hard to say if she would follow her Order or the crew so Claudius turned around and took a big deep breath. As he spoke his voice boomed out in the cove where all above and below deck could hear him. "OI, ALL HANDS ON DECK THE CAPTAIN WANTS A WORD WITH YOU SORRY LOT, SO MOVE!"

As he finished the crew below and above formed rank as if it was a well trained army. All were dress and ready for work even though some of them looked like they had just fallen asleep. Claudius walked among them inspecting them like a cattle driver would his crop. Each one of them face the Captain as he claimed up the rope mess. He rested back tossing and catching one o his knives as he waited from his perch. He looked like vulture staring down his pray waiting until they were dead to make his move. He was a trained killer and sailor. Now all h needed was a better job than this and he could be happy. Or so he thought. He addressed the men one more time., this time not as loud but all could hear him. "As much as it might pain you we have a greenhorn among us. She is new and we are to welcome her with open arms and give her some damn good sea legs. If young miss Evangeline would kindly stand next to the Captain to introduce herself. She is here under orders from higher up and it is not our place to question so please give a warm welcome to her."

Claudius had only found out about the girl a few days ago. The real reason for her being here he didn't know but he could tell the girl was like a new born doe trying not to fall flat on her butt. She would be out here for a long time and if she didn't get over that then she would be in for a long journey.
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:15 am

Having this small conversation with the priest made her feel a bit better. It appeared that he was also the only one educated on this deck and knew what to say and when to say. Then again she did not judge any of the crew members either. They were smart, brave and stupid enough to sail the sea again and again regardless of the dangers. Evangeline sincerely hoped they would not encounter anything or anyone during the voyage. Indeed, she had the weapons and appeared to be quite prepared for a battle should the need arise, but here it all appeared to be so odd and out of place. She wasn't even certain if she would be capable of lifting a sword once out in the sea.

The Templar arched her eyebrows and looked down at him only to mentally agree that he was the only one who did not possess a weapon of any kind. Perhaps should she offer him one of her scimitars? Maybe a pistol? She looked at her items that were perfectly hanging around her waist and hips.
Evangeline tilted her head as a reaction to him calling the crew “habitual sinners”. To that she did not know how to respond as she saw them simply as... well, men. And she was one of them, you could say now. Sinning was an act of everyday life, and soon, she knew, she would be committing a mortal sin soon. This was simply a part of her job and she had trained for that for years.

She looked down as she saw the movement of his hands and that's when she noticed the two things: first and foremost the missing finger. She had seen many people, especially men, with missing limbs. Majority of them were lost in accidents and some, however, in fights and she got curious as to which one of those theories applied to the cleric. Perhaps he was one of those who had a lot of fun before turning to the church? “Every sinner has a future, every saint has a past,” she thought to herself before a wide smile appeared on her face. The ring appeared odd, but she decided not to linger much on the item. So she was dealing with a Templar. A commoner among these seas! Evangeline sighed in relief.

She had already opened her mouth to respond and introduce herself when she was addressed from a distance. “Well...” she muttered quietly and took off her hat, revealing her pitch black hair. Straightening herself and looking at the priest, she nodded towards other men who were standing there, waiting for her to appear before them. “You will hear it soon enough.”
With that the young woman approached the Captain and greeted her with a polite nod before turning herself to face the other crew members. What a colorful bunch they were!

“Good day! My name is Evangeline Sjöberg. It is not necessary to address me that way, though. Eva is completely fine as it is shorter and... easier? And uh... I will be... uh... Traveling with you so I hope we will all get along...” She clenched her fingers into tiny wrists and looked at everyone. What else was she supposed to say? Nobody told her that she was supposed to introduce herself so openly! She didn't even consider writing a speech before coming on this deck. She lingered there for couple of seconds before slipping away from the stage, feeling it best to leave the spotlight to their beloved Captain now.
Back to top Go down
bunbunny
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
bunbunny

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:52 am

It was not shown as she stood there lazily hanging by the helm but Jekaterina felt warmth as she gazed upon her crew. Sure they were a bit miss matched and some were downright funny looking but she didn't mind. They did their work and were loyal enough and were one hell of a good time to party with after long battles. Most of them were also respectful enough to mourn their comrades' passing, possibly because many were religious. A shame most of them obeyed her out of fear though.

Oh well what could you do, at least they listened.

She raised an eyebrow at the mention of the greenhorn. Ah yes, Torres had mentioned something about that in a letter... Shame she had been drunk at the time and didn't really remember much.

At least she was here now and was going to assist them in their current mission.

But then again she was a greenhorn. Probably never been on a ship for a longer time, which meant she was going to need some education in how things worked around the ship, like not to be rude to the priest (unless she wanted to disappear that was) and trying not to get in the way of the men manning the cannons. Just basic things.

When she laid her eyes on the woman, or rather child in her eyes Jekaterina's gaze softened. Oh dear. This was possibly a recipe for catastrophe. A frail teenager on a vessel full of men? She'd have to find a way to keep her innocence intact and stop babies from popping out, cause really, a baby was the last thing they needed.

She was impressed that she approached her so bravely and responded to her greeting with a nod of her own. Listening to the small speech in polite silence Jekaterina felt dread spread itself in the pit of her stomach, truly the order hadn't really sent this young innocence to a place like her ship. She could see the predatory gazes her crew were giving the poor child and before she had slipped away entirely after her introduction the captain felt the need to act and put a hand on her shoulder, pulling her back.

"Do not get hopes up men. She will reside in my cabin-" before she could finish her sentence a loud disgruntled murmur arose from the men below to which Jekaterina responded by snapping "SILENCE!" The shout echoed all over the ship and nearby dock and did it's part as the men immediately fell into silence again with the exception of a low mumble here and there in the crowd.

Calming her tone down again she continued if not a bit hoarse from the mix of strong alcohol and shouting:

"This is why she is staying with me. As much as I trust you men with my life I do not trust you with vírgenes inocentes. Now back to position! We leave in ten minutes!" The spanish in the middle had to have confused about half of the crew but the message seemed  understood as the crowd dispersed and people went back to work.

Huffing Jekaterina removed her hand from Eva's shoulder and turned to make eye contact with her before moving towards the stairs leading down to the main deck and waving her hand in a beckoning motion, simply saying:

"Follow."
Back to top Go down
She-Rex
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:11 am

Rude.

The cleric maintained his civilised and earnest appearance until the moment when the young girl turned her back. Then, he shot the loudmouth sitting upon his perch a look as though he was trying to pin him with the points of his pupils before rolling his tongue in his cheek, keeping his hands clasped before his waist and directing his sight and hearing to the task of understanding more of this supposed ‘innocent’.

Call Dante a cynic for his profession, but he held firm in his doubts of that girl’s innocence. In his experience, by her age any innocence had already been stripped away leaving only illusions of such. This world of theirs was cruel, it’s master equally tempestuous in his ‘mysterious ways’, you adapted or you were struck down.

His act of compassion was particularly good. He reasoned he had to be, he knew nothing of that girl beyond his assumptions of her being a northern heathen. That however was usually more than enough to earn the cleric’s dislike.

Perhaps she had caught him on a good day? Or otherwise her luck was rather remarkable.

Either way, she was on dangerous ground regardless, unstable and unpredictable. This ‘Evangeline Sjöberg’.
Such a pretty name.

It would be a shame indeed.

Yet, Dante was a man of grace, of manners, and the lecherous whisperings amongst the gathered crew on his left side had his anger spiking in his blood. A withering look from those malicious maroon orbs shut the mouths of any sailors still talking in defiance of their Slavic captain as the rumours of the Italian cleric slithered back into their minds like the faint doom of a death rattle. Five men had ‘vanished’ from the crew since he had come aboard and there had been no battle in which to lose them. Two they had found, one disembowelled behind a brothel in Kingston and the other hanging from the crosstrees of a unremarkable ship in port when they had been docked in Havana for business. The priest of course, had been blameless…but there was still trepidation around that particular Catholic as the only thing that had linked the five crewmates was that they had been in dispute or otherwise insulted the cleric some weeks before their disappearances and/or deaths.

Nobody dared say anything, it was all rumour after all…tall tales…

Right?

Yet when they scuttled back to their work and tasks, not many met the eyes of that man seemingly too imposing to be a man of the cloth. There was whispers that he was a warrior-priest, some kind of paladin or crusader…

And with his history and Templar affiliations which hardly any common crewman would know of...

They weren’t far from the truth.
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:17 pm

Evangeline was startled and she gasped quietly when a heavy hand landed on her shoulder and she looked at it carefully before turning around and looking up at the Captain? Although her expression did not show any hints of possible fear, her thoughts wandered in this direction, leaving her only to wonder what she had done to be pulled back like this. A simple word would have been enough, though. But she did not argue but obliged quietly and eventually she was standing on the stage once again, looking up at the captain who, in all of a sudden, made this surprising announcement. Eva tilted her head as she looked towards the crew members who all sounded so disappointed over the fact that the women would be sharing the cabin. She had hoped that she would be given some personal space. After all, she could already predict that she would feel quite nauseous and being in solitude was one of the best thing she knew that would help her cure the illness. Resting alone and in peace... But she understood now completely why Jekaterina had made such decision and she did not dispute against her order. It was probably for the best.

Once her shoulder was released from the heavy weight, Eva sighed quietly, feeling only relieved that nothing was pressing her down anymore. Her black eyes fell on the crowd once more and she looked at the priest. They were about to have such an interesting conversation and she felt the urge to return to him and continue, but the Captain requested her to follow and so she did.

Comparing to the Russian woman Evangeline was like a shadow. Her movements were quick, quiet and swift and her steps barely audible as she descended the stairs after the Captain. Her eyes, once again, wandered from one place to another, taking everything in. Finally she chose to break the silence, although she felt that Jekaterina wasn't the most talkative one:”I am very thankful that you accepted me onto your ship, Captain. It really means a lot to me!”
Back to top Go down
bunbunny
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
bunbunny

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Stomping down the stairs Jekaterina checked behind her to see if the girl was still there, her steps were so silent she couldn't tell by sound so she had to look, seeing that she indeed was there. Now Jekaterina had never been silent when she walked, she had always been very heavy on foot ever since she was a young babe. It always impressed her when people walked as silently as a phantom probably would.

Being silent could be useful some day, some time.

Hearing what Eva said Jekaterina raised an eyebrow and thought to herself:

"I'd have to let you on even if I didn't want to."

She had to do as the order said after all and if that meant taking a greenhorn onto her ship, she would do so. Humming in response to the youth's cheerful excitement Jekaterina took a quick u-like turn walking up to the double doors leading to the captain's cabin. Pushing one of the doors open she really couldn't bother wincing at the mess that was inside, way too many one-man parties and late nights had been had in that cabin, it felt odd for her to actually let someone else live with her even if it only was for a shorter time. She couldn't risk having her sleep under deck with the rest of the crew so it was for the best.

Stepping in and kicking a few empty bottles into the corner Jekaterina cleared her throat as she turned around to face the girl "Sorry about mess, cleaning is not priority when out at sea. Either way, you sleep in this room, probably understand why, there is a hammock you can put up in the corner cause I sleep in bed."

She was silent for a while before sighing and continuing with:

"Look, as captain it is my duty to warn. Do not be rude to the priest, men disappear when they do that. Also do not mind the quartermaster, he is an ass da, but try not to get angry, his ego is just big. And uhh.." stepping to the side to make the sight of the table with maps clear and continuing with:

"If get sick try not to be sick on table da? The maps are important. Actually just try to stay away from table. Now, any questions? But make quick we need to sail soon."
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Like suspected, the Captain did not respond anyhow and Evangeline looked down at her feet, feeling slightly ashamed that she even was there to start with. But orders were orders and apparently both of them respected their leaders to at least do what they were told to and act polite towards each other. At least Eva could offer as much respect to the Russian as she could, though she did not know yet how well the two women would manage each other. The last thing she wanted was to end up being locked up somewhere in a cell. Or even worse – being thrown into the sea. She had heard tales about people, especially pirates, doing that. Thinking of them, what were the possibilities of them encountering some during their voyage?

She did not know what to expect before entering the Captain's cabin. Maps? Different artifacts from places she has been to? A painting of someone perhaps? Whatever it was, she certainly did not expect to see so many different bottles on the floor, laying around. It was obvious that Jekaterina has not cleaned this place in a very long time and Evangeline felt heavy inside. She loved it when a place was neat, tidy and smelled good. The Russian's office smelled of alcohol and it almost made her eyes tear. When Jekaterina addressed her, pointing out that she would be sleeping on the hammock, she made a mental note to clean this mess up later. Even if Evangeline was about to live under her roof and rules, there were certain things that had to change while they were together.

“Very well,” she responded quietly. Although she was used to a large and soft bed with warm blanket and bunch of pillows, there was nothing to complain about. It was this or the floor and hammock sounded certainly far more comfortable. She allowed herself some liberty as she stepped further into the cabin, looking at the maps on the table and then out of the window. “Must be a nice view when you are sailing...” Eva wondered loudly before turning around to face the woman.

“The Priest?” This sounded out of place, especially since the man had left such a nice impression of himself. He seemed so calm and balanced even though she did notice some curious details about him. For example his eyes that had this maroon glow in them when light shone upon them and the missing finger. Already those two were enough to give a sinister tone to him, but Eva refused to judge. But she had to keep the warning in mind. Why else would Jekaterina reveal the dark secret if there would not be a reason. But would he harm another Templar?

And then the Cabin boy. She had noticed earlier that his manner of speech was quite impolite and rude, but she shook it off. Her father had warned her, before she left for this mission, that not all men on the ship were educated and with the best choice of words. She shrugged her shoulders. “It will take some time to get used to it,” Evangeline responded with a smile. “I am sure I can handle him.”
At last, with the table comment, the young woman stepped away from the table, nodding. “I understand.” It was probably for the best if she'd actually stay in the cabin during the night. She already had an imagination of how she would be spending the first days of their trip. “Yes... Are there any books on this ship? Do you have a place to bathe? And additionally – if you do not have time for that – can you appoint me to someone who would teach me about sailing?”
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Claudius jumped down from his perch and kept tossing his blade as he made his way to the helm of this ship. He was a bit worried about the men and the greenhorn so he would be keeping a close eye on them all. "Alright boys untie us any who aren't on will be lift so lets get her out to sea."

Without a word all began to act on instinct, this was just routine for them and as the sailed out to sea the waves were small and there wasn't a better day to start sailing. The wind was on their backs and it was going to be just a quick jog to open sea. This was Claudius's home, the rocking of the waves, the smell of salt hung in the air, along with the sour stench of the ship itself was pleasing. So know they needed a destination but for now the open sea was good enough. "Alright boys give me half sail until told other wise. Dave take the wheel and keep it straight."

With a short jump down from the wheel and he entered the Captain's cabin. Interrupting the two "Ma'am where to?"
Back to top Go down
bunbunny
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
bunbunny

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:37 pm

The priest.

Jekaterina couldn't blame the girl for not being wary of the man, sure he was a man of the church but a highly corrupted one according to what she had heard. Well she hadn't heard facts but she'd be lying if she said she hadn't heard the hushed rumors that spread throughout her crew. She'd also be lying if she said she hadn't also felt the uneasy feeling that came with one man disappearing without a trace one night and then being found dead on a later occasion. Some explained it by ghosts or monsters others explained it with drunken antics but in either case they were wary of the priest. Well at least those that weren't stupid enough to insult him.

Pulling her mind back to reality Jekaterina raised an eyebrow at the girl's questions, now she had never been an avid reader nor did she care much for extensive bathing (of course she doesn't like to smell badly but it's much of a priority) and then of course there was the sailing. It hurt her seafarer heart that this girl would be sent to a ship without knowing how to sail, it really did.

Before she answered she felt the ship go into motion and a crease immediately formed on her forehead. Raising the anchor without her permission? Typical.

Sighing she quickly scouted the room for a pair of boots whilst answering Eva's questions.

"Look in chests in this room, maybe you will find books. If not go ask priest, politely, if you can borrow bible or something I do not know. Also we have washing room but stay away from men in it, go during night I would recommend. Many prying eyes. Now about saili-" she was cut off by her quartermaster in the middle of her sentence and let out an annoyed grunt, finally finding a pair of boots she hastily pulled them on and headed towards the doors, briskly speaking whilst she stomped out of the cabin.

"We head south, Torres wants ship sailing under British flag sunk and it is said to be found around Crooked Island."  

Suddenly an idea struck her and the burly woman skid to a halt in the doorway, quickly whipping around and pointing at her quartermaster.

"You! You show greenhorn around, she want to learn sailing she need to know ship first. Captain order. No complaints? Da, just what I wanted to hear. Now if you excuse me I have ship to steer."

Hurrying away and up the stairs to the helm Jekaterina quickly took over and stood proudly as she piloted the ship away from islets and soon enough there was open sea before her. So of course she ordered:

"FULL SAIL!"
Back to top Go down
Zhonyun208AD
Regular
Regular
Zhonyun208AD

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Claudius and Eva followed behind the Captain and out to open sea. The waves rocking the boat making some of the mnemonic with a bit of free time to jump abd stay in the air longer they should. "Look we know you probably have little to now experience on a ship, and I will up front with you here and now. I will be mean and say things you won't like, for one wrong mistake could sink a whole ship. Now I need to grab something below deck, stay here and when I get back tell me what you know about a ship."

Claudius quickly disappeared below deck and just as fast emerged again. He was hiding a bundle of rope tied into a nice knot. He made quick work of it and measured a piece to her body and arm span and then one for him. Next he cut the rope into a few smaller pieces and sat down on the cold deck.

He smiled at her waiting for her and patting the deck telling her to do so as well. If she was paying any mind to him she would have seen the clear markings of the Assassin wrist blade on each arm.

So he was her teacher and he was going to make her a damn fine sailor. See would have sea legs long before they reached Crooked island. She was about to enter a whole different world, one outside of the Templar or Assassin, one where teamwork and knowledge will be your only guide.
Back to top Go down
Kiri
Kiri

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:18 am

The directions were easy enough. Simply explore the different chest and hopefully she will find something that will perk her interest. But Evangeline felt a bit let down due to the fact that Jekaterina did not bother with reading at all. Not knowing much about the sailors life, she believed that the woman still had some free time at her hand after the hard day of work. However, looking at the floor and on the bottles once again, Eva realized that this free time was filled with drinks and gambling. It surprised her how this crew, so full of divergent people, did not fall apart. And for some reason she did not believe that what held these men loyal to the woman was respect.

When she door suddenly opened, Eva looked at the quartermaster. Nobody hasn't told her his name yet, and he was already told to teach her about the ship and how to sail. She offered him a polite smile regardless, wishing only to be on a good terms with this man. She did not need any problems while being on this ship.
The order, given to them, surfaced many questions in the girl's mind, but she decided to remain silent and follow the two instead. On the way to the deck she could already feel dizzy, as if someone was draining life force slowly out of her. As it wasn't that bad right now, she chose to be quiet and listen to the cabin boy. Katja was already giving orders to the remaining crew.

This wasn't a place where she would go around and do as she pleased. Even though she felt that learning more about how to do things was going to be a bore, she refused the urge to start wandering around and remained on the same spot where she was left, acting all obedient and good.
Once he returned, she looked curiously at the ropes he brought and observed silently as he measured one obviously meant for her, and soon, at his hint, she sat down on the deck as well and, pressing elbows against her knees, and leaned closer to see what he was doing. However this time, instead of staying quiet and still, when she noticed the wrist blades and with a swift movement, she grabbed his left hand and held it. Her grip, for someone looking as fragile as her, was quite strong, but it relaxed a bit and she turned his hand a bit. “I've never seen an Assassin's wrist blade up from close,” she explained her actions. She had wrist blades too, in her bag of course, but she had to admit that those were far more comfortable than the swords or the daggers. Then she shrugged after a short while and let him go. Her dark eyes fell on the ropes once more:”So, what are we going to do?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unusual alliance [closed]   An unusual alliance [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

An unusual alliance [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next