Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

[closed] Beginning Anew

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

[closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Kaya watched as Gabriel rode off ahead of them both on his steed. Once she lost sight of him, she slowly released a long breath that she didn't even realize she had been holding. She was glad to be away from him for a while so she could give herself a chance to recenter her thoughts and operate clearly without the fog of emotions running rampant through her mind.

She turned to John and opened her mouth to speak only to be interrupted by her stomach twisting uncomfortably. It complained, giving off a rather loud growl and she placed her hands over it in a vain attempt to try and to silence it. Her lips pursed and she avoided John's eyes, mortified. With all the excitement of meeting other people, she had completely forgotten her original intention of hunting for some meat after she found that group of Bandits scaring off all the wildlife. She hadn't even noticed how hungry she was until Gabriel had mentioned food.

"We should find something to eat to get our strength and vigor back before looking for supplies to take back with us. I am sure I am not the only one who could use the energy after that fight with those bandits..."

She turned back to him and watched him closely. A bit concerned for his well being, she was sure getting some sustenance into John might do him some good especially after passing out last night. He looked exhausted, the dark rings under his eyes and his sullen posture spoke volumes to Kaya. "Hopefully, I will not attract too much attention to ourselves...with my not being pale skinned, " she added.

It had been quite a few months since the last time she had wandered into the city for a trade. Often she would earn stares, and she would sometimes hear whispers but very rarely would someone actually go out of their way to confront her. They usually left her alone for the most part. The same couldn't be said for a handful of Redcoats that decided to try and relieve their boredom by tantalizing or pursuing her for their own pleasures. Needless to say they did not live to see the next sunrise, Kaya made sure of that. At least they wouldn't be a bother to anyone else anymore.

As she watched the lively commotion of the city, she sensed anger beginning to grow in her chest. All of these people...with no consideration for the ones who were already here before they came and...invaded. Her jaw clenched tightly. From what she understood, they were escaping oppression and control from the land they came from. Now they spoke of freedom, liberty and justice. But now as she watched them going on about their daily life with no thought about the thousands of Native villages and lives destroyed, she couldn't help but think: Freedom for who exactly? As each day passed, the pale faces and Templars gained more control over the land and enslaved and murdered hundreds of her people. This had to end...

She clenched her fists, her knuckles growing a few shades lighter. I swear...Kuruk. Nehele. I will avenge you both somehow...I will avenge our village's deaths, somehow...These Templars will pay. I swear by the spirits...
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Though she wasn't in the warehouse just yet, the woman was perched so that she could see any that entered the building at any entrance. There was no one but Sebastian in there at the moment, and until another walked in, there was noting going on that needed her attention inside. Besides, from here, she could see the others in the harbor and what was going on. There might be something better for information out here if she kept her eyes open long enough.

As time passed, she was giving up hope that there would be much help to their cause here. Other than being crooked, there was not much to watch these men for it seemed. However, that was until she saw two of Sebastian's men pulling someone along, much against the man's will. This did draw her attention to the scene, but she didn't dare move so suddenly to draw attention to herself. That would be a bad situation out here in the open like this. However, something drew her attention even more. Behind them, she recognized a familiar form, and though she was happy to see a friend, it made her wonder what exactly was happening. Not that she was going to turn a blind eye to this, but now it seemed even more serious. Slipping from her spot, she quickly made her way towards the other assassin.

Honestly, the stealth was easy enough from all the years of training that the woman felt as if she could do it in her sleep. Knowing what spots to use, and understanding the concept of shadows, she was able to make her way over closer to the men to eavesdrop on what they were saying. That and it got her closer to Gabriel. She had much to tell him, but that could wait for now. Using a crowd to pass Sebastian's men, she then slipped unnoticed from them, and got closer to Gabriel without drawing an eye. It wasn't as if there was much to see anyway. It was a busy day, and most of the people probably thought the man was nothing more than a drunk that had been causing trouble and being dragged back to his ship. They paid little more than a few glances and giggles, gossiping already spreading. Just what the ladies of the town needed... more to speculate at and giggle.... she really couldn't see why they couldn't see how stupid it made them seem.

Closing the gap between them, Felicity slipped closer to Gabriel, giving a nod in greeting, her face expressing very little emotion. Her eyes flicked to him for a split second and then to the three in front of them. Giving a moment to see that they really were pulling the man to the warehouse, she made sure her voice was so low that no one would be able to hear her but the other assassin.

"An ally? He happens to be in there...."

Even if her words happened to be heard by another, they were so vague that without prior knowledge, one would have no idea what they meant. Her gaze never left their targets, and as they got closer to the warehouse, it only left them for a brief moment to fall upon the entrance she had used before. It still seemed unguarded. Why would that change? The woman was little more than a phantom as she had never exposed her presence to anyone in the area.

Without even his word, she knew they were rescuing the man that was being dragged. Not that she needed his command to do so anyway. Still, there was much she wanted to ask him, and even more that she had to share with him. But that would have to wait. Moving towards the back of the building, she made way to get inside once again.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Once Gabe rode off, John faced Kaya before her stomach rumbled and he let out a quiet chuckle before his own stomach began to reenact a whales mating call as it rumbled when Kaya mentioned food. "Yeah, I agree on that...besides, I think it's about time me and you got to know each other, anyway." John said with a smile (which was admittedly a little forced). Johns face then went from a slightly forced smile to a more...understanding one at the mentioning of stares from people in the streets. "Trust me, even with my pale skin...I've only been dressing like well....this for a few days. Before this, I dressed in a vest with my hair just being in a fringe. I was usually a drunk idiot, that's how most people saw me. Kids stared at me, asked their parents why I looked so dirty. Others looked at me in disgust. So don't worry, I know what it's like to be...out of the ordinary. I just ignore it. But still, you see my point." John reassured Kaya.

He then began to head to the nearest tavern, to get some food, which wasn't very hard, he knew the tavern locations like the palms of his hands. "Right, not gonna lie, this place is pretty filled with perverted men, ugly whores and drunken idiots. So I'd suggest being a bit cautious, especially since well...you don't look normal and you're a woman, so some of the idiots in there are gonna underestimate you. So be careful. Alright?" John told Kaya before stepping inside and walking up to the counter. The man behind the counter said "Ah, John! Looks like you've tidied yourself up! The usual I take it?" He asked, before John shook his head. "Nah, I'm off the alcohol now, give me and the lady the meal of the day." John almost...commanded before giving him the money. "Certainly sir, should be here soon." The man replied. John then looked around at the people in the tavern. Most of the regulars...most of which would recognize his face, which with his new formal attire...was no good thing at all. As he learned once that if you wanted to make enemies...you could try to change something and you would be off. And John had changed a lot since the last time he was here, so he decided to just sit down at a table and gestured to the seat on the other side for Kaya...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Winters
Regular
Regular
Gabriel Winters

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Gabriel kept his chin down, letting the simple camouflage of his hat do its job in masking his features. But as he walked through the streets, his eyes were flicking left and right. He wasn’t sure which warehouse belonged to the Templars, but had a feeling that the soldiers dragging the good Captain were going to lead him directly to it. He hoped that Felicity would notice him and join him unharmed.

He didn’t have to wait long. As he weaved through the crowds a familiar form fell into step beside him. Relief flooded his mind, though not an ounce of is showed on his face or posture.

“An ally? He happens to be in there…” She muttered.

Gabriel simply nodded once. So they were bringing Captain Gipson to Sebastian. Things just kept getting better and better.

I’m glad you are okay Felicity. I was worried that leaving you here was the wrong decision. But I had to trust in your training and your insticts… He thought to himself. But instead of expressing his feelings, he kept it to himself, made himself harder. Forced himself to focus on the task at hand.

He followed Felicity wordlessly around the back of the warehouse where the soldiers had dragged Gipson. Security was a bit more lax than Gabe would have thought, but he would discuss that with Felicity later.

They both slipped inside with little more than a whisper. His senses were on high alert as they weaved through stacks of crates and packages. They had to shift into the shadow of some tall boxes as a few workers went by. When they were clear, Gabriel pulled Reaper from his hip and slid it onto his back, then motioned for Felicity to lead the way up to the rafters where they could get a better vantage.

They moved like a pair of cats, stepping silently over boxes and climbing like seasoned acrobats. The rafters were spacious enough to allow the both of them to squat side by side as they moved forward. He heard Gipson’s voice echoing not far ahead. It was when he heard it that he held up a fist by his shoulder, indicating that Felicity should stop. Only then did he finally turn to her and step intimately close to her to speak, so as not to allow their voice

His lips were possibly an inch from her face, almost touching the fold of her hood. When he spoke, his voice was barely above the sound of silence.

That man is the Captain of the ship that brought John Ambrose and myself from Japan. I fear that my having secured passage on his Galleon may have inadvertently placed him in peril. Though I know not how our enemy would have known I traveled with him. And I know not what he is doing in New York mere days after we left from Boston. It also seems strange that they would capture him just for transporting someone. They gain nothing by this…

Gabriel stopped speaking when he heard Gipson’s voice loud enough to be heard.

…of a bitch! I don’t know what you’re talking about! I’m just a trader you dolt!

Armand… Armannnnddd, drop the games my friend. A façade is only useful if your audience is unawares.” Gabriel guessed that the voice belonged to Sebastian. “We know you had contact with it. Just tell us where it is and you get to go free back to your ship. No harm need to befall you.

Pfah! You think me a fool, boy? The instant you think you have something from me, you will murder me just to keep my silence. Whatever you think you know, is very likely wrong.

Please, Armand. My scouts saw you handling the artifact. I just want to know what you did with it. All the lying in the world will not keep it from our hands. Make this easy on yourself. Tell me what I want to know.

Armand Gipson seemed to give up on something within himself, for his voice deepened to a dark tone.

Do your worst whelp. You will get nothing from me. I was on to your spies the instant they stepped on my deck. You cannot buy loyalty Sebastian. My men would die for me and I for them. They reported outsiders who were asking questions the moment the words went from your men’s lips. I know not how word got back to you, because your men never set foot on solid ground again. The artifact is long gone. I do not know where, and neither will you.”

Silence ensued for a moment before the sound of flesh hitting flesh met their ears. They had started beating him. Moments later, Sebastian and another soldier stepped into view below. It would have been too easy for Gabriel and Felicity to drop down and end both of their lives in one swoop. But there were too many unknowns. What artifact were they talking about? Why was it important?

Loosen his tongue. If he doesn’t give us what we want to hear, cut it out. I have to prepare for our guests, and have the men empty the hold of that fool’s Ship. White will want to add it to the fleet.

The two split apart and Gabriel was left with a decision. He quick turned back to Felicity and whispered again.

Get Gipson out of here and meet up with the others at the north side of the dock. John is with another of our sisters.

Without another word Gabriel took off across the rafters, following Sebastian as he made to leave the warehouse.
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 2:38 am

Kaya returned John's smile with her own, though she could tell that his was very strained. She blinked a couple times, confused but she decided to remain silent. What is a...fringe...?
He led the carriage to a nearby tavern and parked in front. Kaya read the hanging sign over head while jumping down from the seat and tying the horse's reigns to the post outside. The Laughing Fox

John warned Kaya of the culture inside the Tavern's walls: immoral, inebriated men and women who sold their bodies to those very same men. While he pointed out that Kaya didn't appear to be "normal" and that she was a woman, she immediately sensed eyes on her trying to get a better look at her face. One man was bold enough to even growl, "Native vermin", under his breath before he disappeared inside. Anger simmered at the pit of stomach but she chose to let it go, no point in her wasting the energy over something so trivial. Kaya tugged on the front of her hood, nervous and anxious to get this over with however she refused to let it show.

Her mouth formed a stubborn pout while they both entered the Tavern. The first thing to hit her was the overwhelming stench of body odor and ale, the roar of drunkards shouting and laughing followed shortly after. So many white men, their faces red from drinking, and white women with their waists cinched in so tight from their corsets that Kaya wondered it was possible for them to breathe properly. It was inefficient and looked unimaginably uncomfortable. How could you run if you couldn't breathe...? Kaya shook her head lightly. The pale faces never ceased to puzzle her.

She followed John up to the bar counter and they were greeted by a balding man with a dark beard and soft gray eyes. His casual tone of voice suggested to Kaya that John must have visited this particular bar numerous times. They settled at a table nearby after he ordered and paid. She sat across from John, observing her surroundings. The room was crowded with bodies in constant motion weaving between tables. There were two exits: the front door and Kaya guessed there had to have been another door located in the kitchen. Six exits if you counted the four windows, two on either side of the door they just entered and two sharing the same wall as the bar.

Already, she watched a few heads turn to gaze at her and gave them a hard stare back from underneath her hood until they turned back to their original tasks. No one struck her as an immediate threat, however she sat on the edge of her chair poised to take action should the situation call for it. Be ready for anything, her Mentor always told her.  

After several minutes, she jumped a little when a barmaid came up to their table with two large plates in either hand, her bosom practically falling out of her corset and onto the table. "Corned beef with sliced brown bread and spiced gooseberry jam," she announced in a thick British accent while setting the plates in front of them. Kaya watched her march away, her hips swaying in an exaggerated manner.

Kaya scrunched up her nose both at the strange meal placed before her and at the barmaid who was reeled in by a rather large and very drunk man. His thick arms snaked around her waist and pulled her into his lap. "C'moooon, Abigail. Give us a show!" his words slurred heavily as he buried his nose into her chest.

She shoved him back. "Never in your wildest dreams, Benjamin Schmidt!" She shouted while storming off back into the kitchen. Several of the men surrounding the man called Benjamin roared with laughter while he complained and called after her.

Kaya turned her attention back to the plate in front of her. There was such a huge amount of food, she was certain there was no way she could finish it all in one sitting. I bet if I eat just enough to get rid of the hunger pains, I could save some for Gabriel and Felicity later... She pulled out a piece of cloth from a small leather pouch that rested at her hip. She carefully wrapped up a bit of meat and spread some of the jam onto the bread before adding that to the cloth as well. She put away the tied up handkerchief into the pouch and began to eat what was left on her plate.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:18 pm

John sat quietly, looking around at the people in the tavern, trying not to be noticed by them since he knew exactly what they would do if they saw him there. Lets just say that there would be a lot of reorganizing and rebuying tables...along with cleaning the floor of spilled alcohol....and blood. So he sat quietly, bending over a little and hiding his face the best he could, which wasn't much. He noticed that Kaya was also looking around, taking keen interest in the doors and windows. John chuckled. "Gotta be ready for anything I guess..." John thought to himself.

When the food came, his eyes widened, he had completely forgot how big the meals were in the taverns. Of course, the meals were really quite expected since they were designed to fill up fat drunk slobs who would probably eat their own arms if they were hungry. When the barmaid got grabbed by the guy, John clenched his fists, with only his middle finger remaining, subtly directed at the drunk fuck doing it, because it symbolised everything John used to be. Almost everything John hated. But John took a deep breath and relaxed. "Right, well I kinda forgot that the meals here are designed for fat drunken idiots, so eat as much as you like or don't eat as much as you like. Anyway, so tell me about yourself, if you're gonna be on the...I guess teams the word then we might as well get to know each other." John explained with a slight chuckle, eyeing the perverted drunk.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 am

Getting back to the warehouse was easy enough. Up high were no one would see them, the assassins watched and waited as the men brought the man in. Before anything was said though, Gabriel drew incredibly close to her, and she was thankful for her hood. If her face had not been hidden, she knew it would be a bright shade of red. Not that there was anything to act this way for, but Felicity was not used to being so close to a person, especially a man. Still, she did not flinch as it was important what he would be saying to her. Keeping quiet, once Gabriel had explained to her, she only gave a nod for understanding, and was ready for the task ahead.

It was here that she silenced even her breathing and listened well for what they were up to. Her attention perked up when she heard the word artifact. She wanted to know.... but it was just like the Templars to use force to get what they wanted.... they would torture this man. It would have been so easy to drop down now and take them all out. There were two assassins, and they were deadly.... this would be too easy. But she knew better.... they would loose vital information, not to mention the guards that could come running if even one yelled. They did not want to cause a scene. If Sebastian were dead, they could not get any more information out of him.... and if he saw them and were able to leave, that would be even worse. It would alert the Templars there were still assassins in the area, and it would make their job even more difficult than it already was. Though it irritated her in the slightest, she knew the best decision was to let them take Captain Gipson to this other warehouse and save him from there. She gave another nod to Gabriel, but upon his last words to her, she stopped for a moment. Another assassin alive and well? She wanted to ask so many questions, to know who it was, if it may be one of her companions.... but there was no time now. She would have to find out later. With this new hope, giving her more strength, she slipped from the warehouse, keeping an eye on the pair of men who were taking Gipson away. This was not going to be the easiest of tasks, but it would not be anything she could not handle.

As she approached a distance behind the men, she could see that one thing was very apparent. They did not want anyone entering this building. Two men were guarding the door with rifles. However, there didn’t seem to be any around the roofs. Perhaps it was not the most well guarded, but they still did not want anyone in there other than those permitted. This should prove interesting to say the least. How would this work then? The warehouse was set back so there was really no people around other than the guards, and the men who were just admitted into the building. That would be her key.

It really was a clever place to acquire, for their sake. It was far enough away that anyone they were interrogating would not be heard and there was not enough traffic passing through the streets here to draw any attention even though they were guarding. So, the first thing would be to take out the two guarding the door. She had to think quickly. She could not leave Gipson in there alone too long. Her eyes scanned the area, and a few options came to mind before she decided on one. She had to be precise and quick about this. There was a rope plank connecting the two buildings in this area. She could only guess that the building were owned by the same person, and this was at one point a way to transfer….. or keep guard for something else. There was not time to think about that for now, but that other building would be worth taking a look into.
Once on the building that Gipson had been taken to, Felicity made her way to the building’s entrance. The assassin cloaked her footsteps like a hunter, making sure her presence would not be known by those inside. Once at the edge, she paused, watching her surrounding before making a move. No one was approaching, and the guards were the only two. She would much rather prefer stealth here…. but exiting with a wanted man would prove difficult then. Once she was sure she could get away with it, the woman gracefully leapt from the roof and onto one of the guards, her hidden blade plunging into his neck as she fell upon him. In his disbelief, the other guard tried to take a step back, but before he could even think of running, or even calling out, he found a hidden blade in his neck as well. As his body fell to the ground, she looked around checking to see that she had alerted no one. The inside was silent as if all were well and no one was coming still. Still feeling a bit paranoid, the woman grabbed one of the bodies, and had to drag the body between the two buildings, behind some abandoned and empty boxes. Coming back to the front, she dragged the second body to the same place. If others were coming, they would have to look for the bodies to see them now.

Her job was still not finished. Obviously the front door would be a mistake. She didn’t want a head on fight…. after all, she still wasn’t sure how many people were in there that she would have to do something about. She wasn’t strong…. in a head on fight, she knew it would be a mistake with more than one, and if the man that was asked to torture Gipson was in there, he would be a heavy fighter. That fact alone was enough to make her try to find a window or a weak spot to this area. The door could be the exit… but not her way in. Making her paces quick and silent, the woman crouched down as she looked around the building. It was not long before she found her answer. This building was apparently left to look like it wasn’t used much. They probably said there were guards for people’s safety while ‘repairs’ were going on. Though she would question the guards with rifles…. though others may not. A boarded up window had just enough room with rotted wood to allow someone with a small frame such as herself slip in. Once she checked to make sure the coast was clear, she slipped inside and used the shadows of the crates to hide behind.

One thing the woman was still getting used to was the vision that was bestowed upon her. Not that she was special….. but it was still something so foreign to her, that after her training she was still getting used to the sensation. But since she was not able to get up high here, she needed some help, even if it wasn’t the best. Taking a deep breath and clearing her mind, she was able to change the world around her, and listened carefully. There were four people…. two were guards roaming around the building, and then one golden figure appeared in front of a blue one. Felicity shook her head, her vision returning to normal. She couldn’t use it very long yet, but it was enough. She could take care of this. She only hoped Gipson could hold out while she ensured their safety.

Stepping around a few of the boxes, she listened to the man questioning Gipson briefly before turning her attention back to the closest guard. He was mumbling to himself about something. Pressing herself up against the box as he approached, she waited for him to pause, mumbling about something else and stretching and yawning. It was here that she struck, quickly and silently stepping from the cover of the boxes and grabbing him, covering his mouth and plunging the hidden blade into his neck. He fell limp into her arms and she pulled his corpse to the shadows so as not to draw any attention. It was quick work, but for the time being, it was all that she needed. Slipping back into the shadows the woman made her way towards the other guard.

At the other end of the building, he seemed barely awake here. As he made a round, he stopped at the end and looked back. Yawning, he looked rather bored and wasn’t paying much attention to his surroundings. Walking behind him as well, again she played the same tactic and crept forward and grabbed him, covering his mouth and stabbing her blade into his neck before he could draw attention from the torturer. Pulling his body back a bit, from where the torturer was standing, she knew he would not be able to see if he looked.

Now came the last man to get out of the way. Her heart started beating a bit faster. She had to do this right or it could mean trouble not only for her, but for Gipson as well. If this man thought an assassin wanted the good captain back, he may kill him for the Templar order. Though he was supposed to get information from him, it was better if a man was dead than the other get the information needed.

At every word the man threatened Gipson with, she cringed, trying to work as quickly as she could. Now she was in the light though, and if he turned around, it would be bad. So she had to be careful. However, this man was a bit too excited about his job it seemed. He seemed to be taking some sick pleasure in the jagged knife he was using at the moment to rip into the flesh of Gipson…. tearing his body and probing for answers to questions he kept asking. His cackling laughter filled the warehouse and all emotion fell from her. This man was a monster. She had to get Gipson out of here now….

Her thoughts filled with everything that she had witnessed today, she hadn’t realized she had made it so close to him so quickly. Not that he even noticed with her silent footsteps. Not to mention he was so distracted with his sick game. She honestly had to wonder if he was even actually trying to get information any more or if he was just cutting the captain for some twisted game. It was to her advantage, in a way. He didn’t hear his killer as she slipped a dagger from her waist, and stepped closer, grabbing the man, and in a quick motion before he could do anything else, she dragged the blade across his neck. As soon as the man fell lifeless to the floor, she moved towards Gipson, giving him a nod and speaking quietly as she started cutting him free from the chair.

“I am a friend…. I’ve been sent to get you to safety.”

What this man must think of her as she just killed a man in front of his eyes. He probably thought her no better than the one that had been torturing him…. still. She frowned and felt horrible as she looked over him. His clothes were tattered and he was bleeding from several cuts. His skin was already turning black and blue in several areas from all the beatings he had already taken, but where she paused and bit her lip was the man’s face. They had gone so far as to try and blind him, and his left eye was bleeding…. or at least where his eye had once been. The socket was now dark and sunk in and in that instant she knew he would have a big scar for life from this mishap. She felt guilt fall over her and let out a small sigh. With his bindings free, she offered a hand out ot the man.

“We have other friends waiting…. I will escort you there.”

Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:59 pm

((Posting this for Gabriel because he can't get online at the moment and requested that I do so for him.))

Gabriel continued after Sebastian, trying to pick up any snatch of conversation with those he passed. But Sebastian was on his way out of the warehouse. Winters had to exit himself if he was to follow and get anything useful.

He checked his targeted landing zone and found there would be no soldiers within earshot. Without hesitation he dropped off of the beam fully extending his legs on the way down. Gabriel was careful not to lock his knees as the floor rushed up at him. As soon as his feet touched ground he collapsed his legs and pitched forward into a shoulder roll to eat up the inertia he had just generated. A heartbeat later he was back on his feet and transferring Reaper back to his hip.

With a few quick checks, Gabriel picked his way unhampered through the stacks of crates and freight boxes. He noticed Sebastian disappearing around a corner out into daylight and cursed to himself. The way out was barred by several armed guards milling about.

Back the way I came then...

A hand was placed roughly on his shoulder from behind, causing him to tense.

“Oi... You’re not supposed to be in here mate.” A voice said brusquely.

Gabe reacted. He didn’t think, he just reacted. He spun in a flash and brought his palm around, latching onto the man with a vice grip around his wrist. In the same motion, Gabriel kicked out with his opposing leg, bringing the force of his momentum into the ankles of the man. With a quick jerk downward, the Assassin sent the man flipping head over heels down to the floor with a thud. The force of impact knocked the wind from the man, and Gabriel ended his life quickly by sliding a hidden blade between his ribs.

The move was violently fast. But that was the point of everything he’d been taught. Quick movements were often hard to predict. They were harder to counter and nearly impossible to respond to in any time frame that would save your life.

For a moment, Gabriel felt his stomach go cold. As he looked on the man he had just ended, he realized that this man was not a soldier. He was in dock worker clothing. But then he saw the pistol tucked into the man’s belt. Perhaps a smuggler working for Sebastian then.

Gabe quickly wedged his hidden blade into the seam of a large crate and wrenched the lid open. He hefted the man into the crate and shut it back. He rushed to the spot where he and Felicity had entered and vaulted the ledge.

Back out on the street, he flicked his eyes left and right, both to see if anyone was monitoring his passage and to find Sebastian again. He found the man walking the docks with a soldier in tow. They were heading towards the large Galleon docked in the harbor. The one that belonged to Armand Gipson.

Gabriel fell silently into step behind a group of pedestrians traveling close to the pair he was after. He tilted his chin down again to obscure his features. It only took a few moments to catch up to the duo. Sebastian was a man who liked to be seen. He ran the docks and he knew it. He knew that everyone that called to the port had to go through him. He enjoyed the attention.

The Assassins would make him pay for that arrogance soon...

“....make a fine addition to the Orders’ fleet. Have the men gut the beast and update the armament. As many guns as it has, they are dated. I will not present rusted cannons to White.”

“Yes Sir.”

“Shame such a fine vessel was used for such an ungainly profession. It is a warship. Regardless, tell me again our schedule for tonight.”

“Of course Sir. Mr. White and the others will be assembling at dock twenty-five at midnight to welcome the Seekers. Security has been arranged appropriately for such an event, we have appropriated several platoons of His Majesties finest to patrol around the docks this evening.”

“Excellent. And what of Mercer? Where are my scouts? I have heard nothing from them for days.”

“Sir, we have had no reports on either party. I took the liberty of sending a search party to Alvin Sharpe’s last known whereabouts. As of yet, we have heard nothing.”

“Bloody Assassins. No matter. There are only so many of them in the world Weathersby. We will stamp out the remaining two soon enough. Mercer will be found and this time we will just have her killed. Intelligence is hard to come by, but good scouts are a higher commodity. Replacing Sharpe and his witless wonder of a partner will take time. Maybe we can have some fun with Miss Mercer when we catch her. No point in having the men watch her for so long only to be let down in the end. Perhaps I will give her to them to show them I care about their needs...”

Gabriel’s eyes narrowed to slits, but he kept silent. This was not the time to blow his cover.

“Oh yes, on the subject of Seekers, recall Gideon Black for me. Erm.. rather, request that he be present earlier tonight. I know he had some business with some house out in the woods...”

Gabriel’s eyes went wide. He broke off from his group and walked away calmly. Everything inside of him screamed to run. As soon as he was around the corner of a building and had broken line of sight, Gabriel broke into a dead run heading straight for his horse.

He’d been so careful! How did they know!?

He just hoped he would make it in time...

------------

Armand Gipson

“A friend huh?” he choked out as Felicity untied him. “I suppose anyone... is more friendly than that bastard.” He said as he spit out a stream of saliva and blood next to the corpse of his torturer.

The man had beaten him to within an inch of his life. Then had gone as far as taking out his eye. Armand had passed out blissfully early on that one. The pain overload had sent him into blackness, and when he had awoken, half of the blackness had stayed.

It is alright Armand he said to himself as he struggled to his feet, only need one good eye to sail with, you old sea dog...

“I can walk lass, though barely... thank you for the timely rescue, could have used you about an hour ago, though I shant complain now.”

It was around that time that it occurred to him. The way that she had moved...

“Heh..” he coughed “You uh... you remind me of a spry young man I transported from across the ocean, with that hood and all. Wouldn’t happen to know a chap by the name of Gabriel would you?” He had to throw an arm around Felicities neck for support so he wouldn’t fall over as they absconded. “Bout... yay tall? Wears a lot of black, kind of a queer mannerism when it comes to talking to folks...? No?”

Last edited by TheLadyRaven on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Kaya stared at her plate, pushing the meat around with her fork and pondering for a moment. What was there to say? More specifically, what was there to say that she was comfortable enough to share? She was isolated in the forest for years. She could tell him that.

She cleared her throat before speaking, her voice soft and almost drowned out by the sudden roar of laughter from the crowd. "Well, I spent close to nine years alone in the forests, surviving off the land and sharpening my skills." She chose her words carefully, in case anyone was listening in to their conversation. She highly doubted it, she didn't sense any threats around them but Nehele taught her to never let her guard down.

"What about you? You have already told us about your mother..." she met John's gaze from across the table, still playing with the food remaining on her plate when a man with huge wiry shoulders and a broad chest approached their table, a half empty mug clutched in his over sized hand. Immediately, Kaya's senses were on high alert. Gabriel said to avoid conflict...this could end poorly if I do not stay calm.

"What are you doing 'ere, ya filthy injun?" he spat in Kaya's direction, bringing the mug to his lips and knocking back the remaining liquid. Kaya swallowed the urge to take him down where he stood. It would be easy, using his own weight against him she could drop him in a second. She kept attention fixed on the plate before her, narrowing her eyes a bit and clenching her jaw. Peace, Kaya....deep breaths. Do not act without thought here...it would bring unwanted attention to yourself and John...and right now I cannot babysit an Initiate while defending against a whole room of men. Even if they are drunk.

The man leaned in close to her, swaying gently over her. Kaya gagged at the stench of ale on his breath but she refused to meet his eyes. He wasn't worthy of her attention and certainly not her time. "I said--"

Kaya snapped and bolted up to her feet, causing the man to stagger back a couple steps. "Yes. I heard you." she said coldly after deciding it would best to walk away from the dispute...despite her fighter's spirit screaming at her to stay defend her pride. She stormed out of the Tavern, every muscle coiled to spring into action. She half expected him to follow her but she heard him scoff and spit on the ground.

After being stuck inside for so long, she was grateful for the rush of fresh air that met her face. She earned a few odd glances from some onlookers after she came crashing through the doors in a huff but she shrugged off their stares. She greeted their startled horse, and began to calm it down by whispering sweet nothings to it while wating for John.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:48 pm

John sat there, and was about to answer when....typical, the one guy in the tavern that John knew probably would add a disruption, the guys name was Paul, he was one of the guys John knew fairly well in the tavern. When he disrupted his and Kaya's conversation, John was about a thread away from suicide diving at Paul from his chair and beating him to a bloody pulp. When Kaya surprised Paul, John admittedly gave a light chuckle, however it was a chuckle that was heard since well...the tavern went silent at the idea of a native woman surprising a white man like that, which was awkward enough.

However, when Kaya stormed out, Paul saw John and a look of recognition spawned from his dirty face. "'ey! Is that you John?!" Paul shouted, making the atmosphere even more awkward since John hadn't been seen in a week, and he looked completely different. John looked up at Paul and simply said "Yes, it is. Hi, Paul." "What the bloody hell are you doing wearing 'dat with your hair...like 'dat! And why the fuck are you doing with a native?" Paul drunkenly spat in a reply. John looked back at Paul with a single raised eyebrow. "How does "it's not a drunken perverted cunts business" sound?" John asked, coldly even though his temper was rising. Paul drunkenly replied with a smirk "Jeeezus, you look like your fucking whore of a mother dressed ya! You've also got a bloody native with ya as well? Fuck me, John, I think I need to knock some sense into that obviously brainwashed head of yours...with my fists!" John's eyes then widened, before he shot up from his chair, looking right at Paul, his hand rubbing his neck and the other erratically going into a fist before shooting out over and over again. "Paul...was that...a threat?" John asked back, grinding his teeth, taking off his jacket. "I wouldn't pay attention...but that comment of my fucking mother....you just hammered the final nail into your coffin!" John also said, before screaming the last part and lunging at Paul.

John then gave a frenzy of punches to Paul's face. Paul being a big guy, recovered and pushed John off him. John quickly then grabbed a bottle and smashed it over Paul's head, leaving him dazed giving John the chance to quickly tackle Paul into the table nearest to the bar, which caused Paul to go through the table and bang his head on the bar, knocking him out.

John stood back up, his hair now in a fringe, grabbing his jacket and putting it back on. Before he then grabbed the two plates and walking out the bar, none of the drunk idiots daring to get anywhere near him since most of them went through something similar with John. "Don't tell Gabe that happened. By the way, since you're a native, you probably didn't know what I meant by fringe earlier well..." John said to Kaya before pointing at his fringed hair "THAT'S a fringe. Now hold this a sec." John clarified before giving Kaya one of the plates and putting his hair back into his short parting he had it as and taking the plate back. "Right, shall we be off then?" John asked, like nothing even happened.
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:21 am

Kaya watched through the window as John engaged the man that had interrupted their conversation and she was suddenly lit with rage. She bit her lip, anxiously waiting for him to approach her after finishing his fight.  As soon as he finished speaking she roughly grabbed John's elbow and nearly dragged him into the alley veiled in shadows beside the Tavern, and away from curious eyes.

Her patience finally reached it's tipping point and she shoved him against the wall, knocking the plates from his hands and sending them crashing onto the cobblestone. She gripped the front of his shirt in her fist and swept her leg back under his ankles to land him flat on his back hard. His head smacked against the stone and she straddled his waist, pinning his arms down with her knees and holding her hidden blade to his throat. She leaned in so close that her lips were centimeters away from the tip of his ear. Her voice was a low hiss; her words only meant for him.

"Listen, Initiate. That was extremely foolish of you to engage in an unnecessary fight in the middle of a room full of belligerent drunken men. You were unbelievably lucky to come out of that Tavern without so much as a scratch. Skill had nothing to do with that encounter. You put us BOTH in danger of being discovered and I do NOT require you to stand up for me. I am perfectly capable of standing up for myself when necessary. I fight for myself when necessary. Oh, you have very much to learn, novice." Every word dripped with venom and her amber eyes blazed with fury while she applied more pressure to the blade at his adam's apple. A thin red line formed across his neck and a trickle of blood chased its way down and dribbled onto the cobblestone beneath him.

"Gabriel, your MENTOR, instructed us to keep out of conflict to avoid bringing unneeded attention to ourselves. You failed. For all we know, they could come out after us in a furious crowd ready to riot and I am skilled enough to hold them off...but NOT at the same time as babysitting a cub," she spat as she pulled up off the ground a bit only to slam him back down.

"Do not assume I am weak and tiny just because I am small and a woman...and a....'Native'. I am just as capable as that fully grown man inside that you savagely and needlessly bludgeoned. I am a human,despite my gender and skin color, just like everyone around us but I have been trained for a better cause. I have been through HELL before I came out of the other side, a refined warrior and only through the lessons given to me by MY Mentor.

Our Mentor's guide us, teach us the ways of our Creed: Do not draw the blood of an innocent. Do not compromise the Brotherhood. Hide. In. Plain. Sight. You disregarded ALL THREE tenants and thus put us all in danger. Gabriel, Felicity, you and me.

So how DARE you go against the instuctions of your Mentor, have some respect for our way of live, Initiate or I WILL kill you where you lay."

She was furious and her breaths were ragged and quick while she paused a moment to let her words hopefully sink in...if they didn't she did not think him worthy to continue his "training". He knew too much, knew their names and faces and their safe house. If he didn't change his temperament...well...she wasn't sure if she had the strength to end this innocent man's life it would go against her Creed but she was willing to find out and didn't dare let that sliver of hesitation show.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

As soon as John got taken down, he slightly moaned, he wasn't really hurt by it but he wasn't dumb enough to see if that was the intention or not. "I never said you were weak or tiny just because you're a fucking woman. Also, listen, I've only been trying to change since last week, I've only been trying to MOVE ON since last week. I'm sorry for what I did there, but if you honestly fucking expect me to know all of the rules of the Creed when I've only been an initiate for the past 2 days, then you're not that bright, I'm sorry to insult you like that but it's true, as not you or Gabe even TOLD me of that first rule. Also, I wasn't even "standing up" for you either. You obviously didn't fucking hear the conversation, since the reason I even attacked him was because of the fact that he decided to insult my mother, which yes, I shouldn't of retaliated at. But if I hadn't been trying to move on, he would be DEAD right now for that, which he isn't. And yes, I do have much to learn, I can agree with you on that one but if it took Gabe his entire life to master all three of those rules, then don't expect me to be the perfect assassin within 2 days." John spat back, his eyes on fire, taking deep breaths trying to calm down, knowing full well that what he just did could cause the end of his life. "If you're gonna kill me for that, then fucking do it, you'll be doing me, probably Gabe and hell maybe all of the assassins a favour anyway." John added, his voice now much calmer, to the point of sadness and his eyes sinking, waiting for the hidden blade to either be plunged into his neck or to retract.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:04 am

The woman had to admit.... she was a bit surprised Gabriel had given his real name to this man. However, that really meant he must be a true friend and could be trusted. That gave her some level of comfort that the man wouldn't stab her in the back at the first chance he got. That would be all that she needed, feeling a blade plunge into her back as she was helping this man along. As he spoke, questioning if she knew the other assassin, she nodded.

"I know him...."

As Felicity offered what support she could, she led him to the doors, and peeked out, checking their surroundings before moving him along.

"I'm afraid it will be a bit of a longer way, but we need to stay unseen....."

She didn't give him the chance to argue. She was not going to put him in danger, or herself for that matter. If they were to walk out in the open, surely they would draw looks, and that would bring in guards or soldiers... and that was not what she wanted. She could easily escape if need be.... but not while protecting an injured man. It may take them a bit longer, but it would be safer to do so this way.

Once she met up with John and this new assassin, they could get him somewhere safe and bandage him up. He needed it badly.... but there was not time to stop. Not until there was more help and safety. She had little confidence in her ability to patch him up, but even less so to patch him up and keep them safe in the process. It would be futile if they were found. The best bet would be to find more.

It took some time, but after going at a pace that would not cause Gipson more pain, she led him along the back streets, doing her best to make it look as if he were some drunk fool. She heard noise being made along the other roads, but she only hoped it wasn't much further. It wasn't hard... but it was tedious. At one point, she threw coins by a crowd to draw attention away.... no one really turned to them and she helped the good captain along the way.

It felt like it had taken hours, but she finally made out a familiar figure.... or at least the shape of him from the distance he was at. Beside him.... or rather right about to kill him, was a figure she did recognize well. At least the outline of a hood and robes. Her surprise almost made her drop Gipson's arm and leave him at the hope of finding one of the ones that were still missing.

Not meaning to cause much harm, she pulled Gipson along at a bit of a faster pace as she approached the duo, not very concerned for John's well being at the moment. She was focused on the assassin, hoping that by some chance one of those that she had worked so closely with might have been found again.
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:09 am

"I do not expect you to understand everything all at once," she called after him after he shoved her off and began towards the wagon with her following close behind, "But you must understand that the moment you pledged yourself to our cause, you surrendered yourself. All of yourself. Your personality, your previous way of life, your thoughts, your feelings, your past. You begin at the very bottom: a Novice. You do not act, you do not think, you do not speak. You only shadow and follow the path your Mentor places before you, you listen to his or her words and you learn from them." Her words didn't sound like her own and she smiled for a fraction of a moment when she recognized that her own Mentor had given her the same speech when she gave herself up to the Brotherhood.

"I do not think you fully understood the gravity of what you signed yourself up for, John...but if you still wish to continue with your real training: this is the most difficult part...When you leave yourself behind in order truly fight for freedom. You must forget yourself, your mother, your father, your best friend, your lover. I understand that it is...difficult. However this land is on the brink of war and we need all the help we can gather against the Templars." she added quietly, as she dropped her gaze to her feet and reminded of the days when she first began her training with Nehele.

"I apologize for misunderstanding why you attacked that man, but I do not apologize for my actions and words." She lifted her chin to stare into his eyes. "So I ask you: are you truely ready in your heart to join us? or would you rather continue to dwell in the past and soak yourself in ale and women? And go on living without the complications of a silent war waged for thousands of years? You have a way out now. You can choose to go back to a life of comfort."
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:40 pm

((Posting this for Gabriel again))

Gabriel bolted through the streets, minding little if anyone noticed him at this point. He transferred
Reaper from his hip to his back in mid stride as he bounded the last corner of an alley leading to the front of the building where he had left Peanut Butter.

....Did I really settle on that name for my horse...?

He shook off the thought and sprinted straight toward his steed and quickly untied the beast from its post, then swung his leg up and sawed the reins. He dug his heels into the horse’s flanks and started off at a gallop.

The Assassin knew that he was likely riding straight into opposition. Having backup would help, but did he dare waste more time searching for his companions?

As he galloped dangerously close to pedestrians on the street, Gabriel tried to activate his Eagle Vision. But there were simply too many thoughts coursing through his mind to focus enough to do so. The world flashed between dull gray and full color. He cursed himself at his ineptitude with the gift. It would be something he would need work on when he had time.

Whenever that would be...

He tried one more time as he neared the outskirts of the city. Another flash, but this time, he caught the hint of bright blue down an alley he passed quickly. Immediately he pulled back hard on the reins and shifted his weight backwards. His horse slid to a halt, throwing its head up in protest at the bit in its mouth. The horse reared back on its hind legs and whinnied loudly. When all four hoofs were back on the ground again, Gabriel kicked in and was flying down the alley. Felicity and Gipson were just rounding the corner toward John and Kaya.

Gabriel cut the corner wide, so as not to knock over Felicity and the wounded ship Captain.

Now the question was... who would he take? He would have preferred Felicity since he had seen her in action first hand. But she had her hands full with Gipson. The obviousness of that situation was clear. Felicity was the most seasoned beside himself. He couldn’t take John because the man was too unpredictable in combat and Gabriel quite frankly still didn’t fully trust him at his back.

Which left the decision clear as he straightened, having never stopped in the gallop. He bolted past Felicity and hurriedly called to her. “You’re in charge! We have problems. I’ll return soon!”

Then he turned forward and leaned to the left slightly, extending his whole arm.

“Kaya!” Was all he said as he galloped toward her.

He just hoped that her reflexes were sharp enough to react.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 3:26 pm

John started to ride while Kaya spoke. When Kaya asked and warned John, he actually chuckled slightly, before facing Kaya and simply saying "No, I hated that life, the only reason why it was the life I led for over 10 years was because...I had nothing else. I don't have friends, I don't have a lover, the closest thing I've had to that was probably one of the many whores I had, and that was only for my own pleasure to get away from my shitty life. My father is in prison, and I hope it stays that way. When it comes to my mother and moving on from her, I'm taking baby steps. The thing is, Kaya, I got nothing to lose when it comes to entering the Brotherhood. But do you wanna know the funny part? This has been...one of the most psychologically enduring weeks of my life. This life, that I've gotten myself into is one that...even now I can safely say that I LOVE IT! I live for this shit! EVERY CHALLENGE! Put 'em in front of me, line them up and I reassure you that I will knock them all down!" John reassured.

Then...he heard Gabe and turned towards the voice, before seeing that he was extending his arm for Kaya, John chuckled, looked at Kaya and back at Gabe before looking at the ground, with a sad smile on his face. "Always gonna be the loner..." John quietly said to himself under his breath before looking at Kaya, his head still facing the ground and nodding.

"Go."
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Kaya felt eyes on her and she turned to see woman in gray and teal robes, with a hood drawn over her features. Her heart fluttered with anxiety and excitement. A new Assassin? Could that be Felicity that Gabriel had mentioned to her? She couldn't be sure. Her eyes then flicked to the bleeding man at her side, his arm slung over her shoulders and his weight dragging her down.

Just as she was beginning to process all of this, the sound of hooves galloping against the street came charging towards them. She heard a familiar voice call out her name and turned to see Gabriel rushing towards them on his horse, his arm extended. Without a second thought, she started running the same direction Gabriel was riding and she threw out her arm, feeling it almost yanked from its socket from the force. She climbed on and straddled the galloping horse behind Gabriel, looping her arms around his waist and squeezing the sides of his horse to keep her self steady.

"What happened?" She asked him, sensing something must have gone terribly awry. Her concern was enough to distract herself from how enticingly warm he felt against her, however she couldn't stop the flood of relief that washed over her now that she was near him. She wrinkled her nose at herself. Kaya. Enough. Focus.
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 12:54 am

Pulling along the good captain at a bit of a faster pace than previously, the assassin was making her way towards John and the other assassin that had just been found. Before she could do that though, she had to push Gipson back and guard him as they almost seemed to be trampled by a man on a horse running quickly towards the other two. Her face fell into a frown, but she wasn't so tense when she realized it was Gabriel.... but why was he acting so recklessly? She frowned and wanted to follow after.... but he was heading for the other assassin. It troubled her what could be so wrong..... and that she wasn't going to see if this was one of her friends missing in action.

However, that hope was cut when she heard him call out the other's name. Kaya....... that wasn't one that she had fought side by side. The woman wasn't dismissing the joy of finding another assassin.... but she had hoped that one of them may be back..... it wasn't such good luck yet. As Gabriel called back to her, she understood her responsibility.... not that she was the most pleased with the situation. Still.... they had something to do now.

Helping the captain back towards John, she sighed inwardly. This was not her day..... Gabriel had left her in charge, and there was much she needed to discuss with the other two assassins.... the book she had from Sebastian, along with whatever else needed to be.... and to speak to another assassin from this area..... but now with them gone, she was left from this man who she still wasn't sure she could trust, not to mention she wasn't sure how far they should involve them in the affairs of assassins. So much of this was wearing on her mind......

"If there really is trouble, we need to get out of this area, and stay in the shadows...... he needs a doctor......"

With that being said, Felicity turned and helped the captain along again, heading back for the paths along the outskirts of town, not so well traveled. After rescuing him from Sebastian, she was sure that would draw attention.... and they didn't need that. Best to stay along the paths that most of the men wouldn't be traveling in. She had so many questions..... but they would need to wait now. She fell silent, hoping that John would at least follow her.... she wanted to make sure Gipson had protection.... and that she could slip away and either follow after Gabriel and Kaya, or attempt to calm matters here.... or find what they needed. If this artifact was indeed still around...... who knew though. She cast her gaze to the man she was helping along and kept her voice low.

"How are you holding up? I will get you to a doctor to tend to your wounds.... and then get you to safety."
Back to top Go down
TheLadyRaven
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 5:09 pm

((Posting for Gabriel again.))

For the first time since their initial meeting, Gabriel didn’t even take notice of how close Kaya was
pressed to him. He was so focused on the task at hand that he barely even registered her voice when she spoke from behind him. It took a lot of his focus to explain while pushing his horse full tilt out of the city. Gabe had to speak louder than usual in order for his words to be heard over the wind rushing by.

“I followed the only Templar we currently know about, the one that Felicity was tailing! Overheard something about a meeting tonight and special guests coming into port! Also something about an artifact of some kind! We will have to meet back up with the others to deal with all that! The last thing I caught was that a Templar agent named Gideon Black was supposed to be coming to greet these other people whom they referred to as “Seekers”, but he was out in the wilderness dealing with some house. I’d bet anything that he has been the one following us since Boston! And if he knows where we laid up last night, he will likely be trying to remove any safe haven we have available to us before winding up for the finishing blow, and coming after us directly!

Don’t know what we are riding into but plan on opposition!”

Indeed, as they neared John’s childhood home, a trail of smoke became visible in the sky. Gabe cursed in several tongues under his breath, but remained audibly silent as he slowed his horse to a walk well before coming into eyeshot of the house.

If it is already burning there is going to be nothing we can do. But I still want know what we are up against... Time to see who this Gideon Black is...

It was then that he remembered the night he had set the blaze at the vault in Boston. The man on the hill that had watched...

That man... if this Gideon is with a black horse... we will start to get some answers...

Finally, Gabriel halted his horse off of the main road, he turned in the saddle slightly and helped Kaya dismount before sliding down himself. They were still roughly a quart of a mile from the house, and the smell of burning timber was clear now. Gabe tied his reins off to a tree and peaked out from behind a tree, watching the road up to the house.

“I think it might be prudent if we split up from here. I have little idea of how many men are up the road. In case there are too many, we will need to take them by surprise. Though let’s not attack if we don’t have to. This Templar is likely a step above his handlers in terms of abilities. If we can remove him, it would be best. If we cannot do so without placing ourselves in jeopardy, then we need to make that decision. Do you have any questions Kaya?”

Gabe removed his hat and placed it on the horn of Peanut Butter’s saddle. He then pulled his hood up and plunged his features into obscurity.

It was time to go to work...

----------------------------

Armand Gipson

The Captain nearly lost his balance when Gabriel went blasting by. With his one good eye he was only really able to make out a blur of darkness on top of a horse. Not to mention that the loss of blood that he’d suffered was making him a bit dizzy as they continued on.

After he had recovered himself, he smiled weakly at Felicity.

“I’ll not decline the services of a physician, Lass. World has taken a funny shape to it, truth be told...”

There was another form approaching them, vaguely familiar somehow to the Captain, but his vision was starting to go in and out. Pain wracked his whole body, most of all his head. The now empty eye socket was throbbing so hard that he thought he might have been struck square in the face by a cannon ball, only his neck had failed to rip off, and left a sack full of brain and bone to be scrambled upon his frame.

“Might, be a .... Good idea to hurry on that end though. Need to sit down and tell you.... Gonna... take my ship for... men who... did ...this...”

That was all he had left. Gipson pitched to the side and vomited away from Felicity with the remainder of his physical control, then passed into blissful darkness as he fainted from blood loss.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyWest
Friend of the Forum
Friend of the Forum
DeadlyWest

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:03 pm

John watched as Gabe rode, sighing sadly to himself before his eye caught the outline of two....oddly familiar figures. One was of what looked like an assassin, a female one judging by the thinness of it and what looked like a drunk, who couldn't even walk. John's eyes narrowed with suspicion at this before he began a process of elimination in terms of who the hooded figure could be. "Okay, so most of the assassins are dead...which one is that then? Kaya and Gabe obviously just left....Felicity is..." John thought to himself in a process of elimination, before he realised just who the figure might be. John put his hand out with his index finger up, to signify "one minute" before John parked his wagon near the general store and spoke the manager quickly "Hey, I gotta rush a sec, I'll be back to ask what I need, but I need you to watch the wagon I get out back. Here's the money needed for what I will be getting." before quickly putting the money on the table and leaving, before walking towards the two figures.

John didn't necessarily run, but he did speed walk a little to catch up to the two, which he eventually did. "Ah, I thought that was you, nice to see you again Felicity and...." John greeted with a smile before seeing Gipson "Wait...GIPSON?!" John whispered but in almost a....shouting version of a whisper. "Okay, I'll follow you, explain to me what's happened." John asked Felicity.

Last edited by DeadlyWest on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rushed the previous version and didn't really take things into account, sorry for any inconveniences.)
Back to top Go down
Jas
Trusted
Trusted
Jas

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:13 pm

The carriage bumped and moved along a dirt road, one of the many that had been carved through the wilderness between major cities and the small settlements that dotted the colonial Frontier. In the dark of night the tall trees that rose up on either side of the road created a wall of darkness that even eyes adjusted to the dim light of the moon could not penetrate. A lantern hanging from the side of the carriage, as well as one that lit up the inside of the carriage, were all that illuminated the road around it as it took off along the road through the forest.

Apart from the man driving the carriage, there were four occupants being transported within. Three of them were well acquainted, each sporting the red uniform of the British army as well as the musket, flintlock pistol, and saber that was typical of Regulars. Although they were familiar with each other they sat silently and solemnly as the carriage bumped along the road, once in a while knocking one of their heads against the carriage followed by a mumbled curse. It had been a long journey to accomplish their task and they were tired and sore from taking a carriage for so long.

If I have to sit in a carriage for more than six hours again, I’m going to kill someone. Michael Remming’s ass was the sorest he could remember it in recent memory. The three men had indeed been seated in the carriage for over six hours, a journey that had been brought about after they had arrested a man who had been fleeing through Pennsylvania and order to transport him to New York City themselves. Remming looked across the small enclosure at their prisoner who had earned them their sore buttocks. The message they had received from New York was that the man sitting shackled before him was deserter, formerly of their uniform. Remming remembered being informed of the man’s crime and he again felt a hint of disgust at the man who had disgraced himself in such a way. How could a man betray himself and his du -?

His thoughts were cut short as the carriage came to a sudden halt, sending his head crashing into the wooden exterior. Remming’s head was dazed from the sudden impact and he saw everything in a blur. The thought came to Michael that he had probably attained a small concussion. Through the haze of his vision he saw his two companions begin to move. “Stay… watch… prisoner.” One of his fellow Regulars spoke to him but he wasn’t sure which as he watched both of them exit the carriage and into the dark of night. He was able to catch more and more words from outside as he head began to clear.

“What’s…. here?”

“I don’t…. the driver.”

Two gunshots exploded in the night and Remming perked up more, despite the agitation to his headache they had caused. Three more shots rang out as he scrambled out of the carriage, blindly reaching for his flintlock pistol while doing so.

As his feet hit the ground Remming spotted the fallen bodies of his fellow soldiers. He stared for a moment at the two corpses littering the road, their red uniforms turning a darker shade of red than was normal. Remming frantically scanned his surroundings for the source of the shots when a final shot rang out.

“My goodness, has anyone ever told you you’re a spectacular shot?”

Jeremiah Black turned to the man next to him who cradled a still-smoking rifle in his arms with a look of amusement. The French mercenary shrugged his shoulders in response as he began to put his rifle away. Black laughed, clapping the grim-looking man on the back while rising from their hidden position in the trees to take a closer survey at the lone carriage on the road.

Pulling together his black coat, Jeremiah carefully made his way down the short embankment to the road below. Three other men emerged from the trees along the road, two of which were garbed in camouflaged clothing and carrying musket rifles in similar fashion to the mercenary who led them. This was the first time Black had hired the trio of former soldiers who were originally from France, but it would most certainly not be the last. The third man was dressed in the same red coat of the soldiers who lay still in the road. Black threw a hefty pouch of coins at the driver, who promptly took off on the horse that lay hidden in the trees a short distance away.

Making his way over to the carriage he found that one of the soldiers, the last to have been shot, was still alive, shallowly breathing on the cold dirt ground. There was a single hole in his uniform right in the center of his chest, around which the material had become soaked dark red. Footsteps crunched on the dirt and soon Jeremiah was standing over him. He looked down at the man with the slightest hint of pity on his face.

“They would have killed you anyways if you had failed to deliver him, this will be much quicker.” He looked for a sign of recognition in the wounded man’s face but he was looking past him at the sky. But there were no stars in the sky and all he saw was black. Jeremiah pulled out one of his own flintlock pistols to finish the job but saw that the soldier had stopped breathing.

Holstering his pistol, Black leaned down and closed the man's blank eyes. Then, straightening his coat and taking a deep breath of the cold night air, Black hoisted himself up into the open carriage and seated himself across from the prisoner. He flashed a quick grin at the shackled man.

“Hello Alvin, I’ve come a long way to meet you.”
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Winters
Regular
Regular
Gabriel Winters

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Enoch Calver

‘Enoch’ kept his eyes down as the carriage bumped along. His “Honor Guard” had been none too gentle with him when they had found him. He was sporting many bruises from his former brothers in the military, as they’d shown him what they thought of his desertion. Of course they hadn’t been given the real story as to why he had fled.

He cursed silently and repeatedly under his breath. He’d been so close. Alvin Sharpe had never wanted to desert before. But that had changed rather quickly when he realized that he was being used as a pawn in some secret war. He’d only wanted to serve the crown faithfully, using his skills as a survivalist to help His Majesty’s forces in the colonies.

But Sebastian Elsebert had changed that.  Upon hearing of Alvin Sharpe’s abilities and potential as a scout, Sebastian had had him reassigned to his command directly. Which had baffled Alvin at the time because he hadn’t been aware that the Dock Master of New York had any kind of say in Military affairs. But Alvin had never questioned orders. He was young but he wasn’t foolish. Challenging your leadership got you a date with the stocks, or a firing squad depending on the disposition of your commanding officer.

He’d worked for Sebastian for quite some time, having first discovered the renegade vigilantes (which he later found out were the Assassins). He’d made the connection between Felicity Mercer and her alter ego as a member of the Brotherhood, and had been the first to discover their underground hideaway.

Then the idiot he’d been assigned to, had decided that his own lot in life hadn’t been good enough. He’d wanted more than his station warranted.

His ego and temperament had gotten him killed at the hands of Gabriel Winters, an unknown entity, but an Assassin with no shadow of a doubt. And for some reason, he’d spared Alvin’s life. Alvin, the coward, who’d run instead of fighting. But what was the point of fighting a battle you knew you would lose?

Gabriel had given him a second chance at life. Alvin… no, Enoch Calver rather, had gotten nearly the entire way to his new home, only to be caught at a checkpoint near the border. His wounded leg had slowed him down.

Now, he was being brought right back to Sebastian. For summary execution, odds were. They weren’t going to embrace him into whatever Order they were a part of. He wouldn’t get another chance to get away. All hope was lo-

The carriage slammed to a halt, nearly throwing Enoch from his seat. The only thing that kept him tethered in place was the manacles on his wrists and ankles, which were chained to an iron loop on the floor of the carriage.

His guards were obviously disoriented by the sudden halt. They didn’t hear the initial shot, but Enoch did. His eyes grew wide in fear. A second volley rang out in the night, this one his captors did hear, and began scrambling out of the carriage.

What was going on? Was the convoy under attack? And… why?

It was silent for a long agonizing moment. Fear gripped at Enoch’s heart and guts. He was helpless to do anything, he couldn’t even fight back!

His final guard stumbled from the carriage and almost immediately, one final shot broke the silence.

There was a rustling outside, muffled voices.  Fear turned into grim reservation. He was about to die and there wasn’t anything he would be able to do about it chained to the carriage. Probably murdered by some bandit or another, attacking the carriage thinking there was supplies inside they could use or sell.

The flap swung open and Enoch looked up as a man sat across from him. He had long black hair, a dark coat and a long scar under one eye. For a startling moment, Enoch thought that it was Gabriel Winters in the darkness. But after that moment, he realized that the build was off, the scar was in the wrong spot, the eyes were larger, the hair was styled differently.

Surprise replaced fear as the man used his real name and said that he’d been looking for him for a while.

Surprise was replaced by a morbid curiosity.

“How do you know me? Why were you looking for me and what do you want with me? Are you a Templar too? Couldn’t even wait until I reached the city limits before snuffing me out, could you? Bloody bastards, all of you. I’ll not help your kind a pace further. I’m done being your pawn, so do what you came here to do…”

The words were brave, strong. Stronger than Enoch felt. He wanted to break down and cry. He wasn’t a warrior. He was just a scout. Now, he was a nobody. But he refused to exit the world as a coward.
Back to top Go down
queenrue
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
queenrue

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Kaya also spotted the familiar billows of black smoke rising into the sky and her muscles tensed, understanding they might be riding into a possible engagement of a Templar. Hopefully the building is far enough away from the trees and brush that the fire will not spread... She felt them both slow down to a halt and the horse snorting underneath them.

She stared, scowling, for a second at Gabriel's open hand offered to her before she ignored his gesture and swung her leg over to slide off of the rump of the horse. She landed on her feet, grateful for the solid ground under them, and her leg muscles groaned from riding without the cushion of the saddle that Gabriel had occupied. She refused to let her discomfort show but still shook out her legs a couple times to try and loosen the tendons back out.

Her nose crinkled at the overwhelming stench of flame and smoke, her mind was instantly taken back to all those years ago. She swallowed, and closed her eyes briefly to refocus her attention on the current task at hand. Remember you are here, right now. Keep moving.

She listened closely to Gabriel's instructions and while nodded comprehensively while she tested her hidden blades and tugged on her bow string to make sure everything was functioning properly. Once she established everything was in working order, she looked up at him while he asked if she had any questions. She shook her head once, golden eyes blazing and ready for whatever came next.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Trusted
Trusted
Jas

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 11:29 pm

A look of surprise flashed across Sharpe’s face before the prisoner commenced with a barrage of questions at the man seated across from him. Black’s face remained unmoving and expressionless during the short flurry of questions, as if it was etched in stone. He certainly sounds more confident than he looks, Black thought to himself as he took in the contrast between man’s steady voice and widened eyes. When he was sure Alvin had finished his little rant, Jeremiah spoke.

“Alvin, if I had wanted to kill you I would have done it a good while ago. Heck, it would have been a lot more enjoyable for my compatriots out there.” Black nodded his head to the side in acknowledgement of the French mercenaries who had begun to move the limp corpses from the road, clearing any sign that anything had happened at all on the desolate road. “The thing is some considerably influential people want you out of the picture. But, when very influential people want things done it often comes to the attention of people who consider going through with such things a waste. Like me”

Black settled back in the hard wooden seat, making himself slightly more comfortable.

“When I was a boy growing up in Boston I was caught stealing an apple from the crates of a merchant ship that had recently come to dock in the harbour. One of the crew members of the ship had caught me below deck just as I was about to take a bite, snatching it from my young hands and hauling me up in front of the captain of the vessel. I hadn’t needed to steal food from the ship, my family was neither poor nor starving - I stole aboard the ship and took that one apple for the sense of adventure and because I could.” Jeremiah chuckled to himself at the memory, a smile coming to his lips.

“Being caught and brought in front of the captain had quickly dissipated any sense of mischievous adventure I had held. The captain was a big man with this big belly on him, and eyes that seemed to bore a hole right through me as I stood before him in his quarters. He asked why I had done what I had done and how I had gotten about his ship. I stammered out a response telling him I’d talked my way past one crew member and snuck by the rest, as well as why I’d done what I had done in the first place. He thought silently for a moment about what to do with me, the most likely scenario would that I’d be thrown in jail or worse for my arrogance. But instead he said he would give me that apple and let me go on the condition that I went aboard the ship when it left Boston, to become a part of the crew for no wages to pay off my trespassing and thievery. My father was eager enough to get rid of me, so I went. Eventually I ended up spending many, many years aboard, becoming a paid member of the crew and rising up to be the first mate.”

Jeremiah leaned forward towards Sharpe, looking him in the eyes as he spoke his next piece. He was no longer smiling or chuckling, but carried a look of serious sincerity.

“What that captain saw was not a boy with nothing better to do with his time than steal needlessly, but a young man who had the potential to be so much more. That is why I am here and why you are not on your way to be executed on the orders of your former employers, because that is what I see in you Alvin - a man with a great deal of potential.”

Black sat back again in the seat, eyeing Sharpe as he took in the words that had just been spoken to him.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Winters
Regular
Regular
Gabriel Winters

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Gabriel Winters

Gabe had noticed the stubbornness that Kaya had displayed at having dismounted unassisted, but he shrugged it off silently, having chalked it up to some sort of native pride. He had only tried to be gentlemanly out of habit.

But as the time drew near and Kaya checked her equipment, he realized it was far past the point of being friendly. They weren’t friends now. They weren’t even acquaintances. They were two Assassins and they had work to do.

Winters checked his own wrist blades and ran his hands over the various knives hidden on his belt and beneath his coat, refreshing his muscle memory at their locations should he need them quickly.

“Alright. I will circle wide around the back. I leave your path to your discretion. But it is important we remain undetected until we know what we are against. Shadows hide you Kaya.”

Then he was off, sprinting through the brush along the left arc of the clearing where the burning house lay, his arms loose at his side the way that he had been taught to run by his Shinobi Masters. He ducked branches and slid under felled oaks, never breaking momentum.

Before long he forced himself to slow as he heard voices to his right. The Assassin slid his frame behind a thick tree and peeked a single eye out from its shadow.

The house was a total loss. If it had been burning for a few minutes then there might have been something to be done. But now, it was a complete blaze. Sorrow gripped at Gabriel’s heart but he quickly shunted it aside. It was another supposed safe haven lost. They hadn’t even been able to start work to make it livable. He wasn’t sure how John was going to react at this news. But it wasn’t the house that caused him alarm really. What caused him alarm was the full platoon of British Soldiers milling about the place.

Twenty men. It was such extreme overkill that it was almost laughable. Clearly Gideon Black thought highly of the skill of the Brotherhood, to have assigned such a force to simply burn a house to the ground.

And thinking of Black, Gabriel began to scan the burning clearing for the man. He didn’t have to search long, as Gideon stood out rather fully in a crowd. He had short dark brown hair, oiled straight back along his skull. He had fair, smooth looking skin with a strong, straight nose and piercing green eyes. He had an odd style about him though. The long navy blue coat he wore screamed Templar with its crimson accents and lining. But the man had earrings. Two thin gold bands pierced the top arc of his left ear. Gideon Black stood tall and straight and proud. And it did not escape Gabriel’s notice that the hilt of a sword poked out of Gideon’s jacket. The style of the sword appeared to be that of….

….The Crusades? he thought to himself.

Indeed the hilt looked similar to a Knight’s long sword back in the dark ages. The pommel was silver and squashed into a flat disc with the crimson emblem of the Knights Templar.

Gideon Black’s danger rating shot through the roof in Gabriel’s eyes. No other Templar he had met, save one, had bothered carrying his own weapon. Most that he had seen, deigned to live in luxury whilst others suffered beneath them. They lavished in power and used political and military influence to aid in their gains. Those men let others do their fighting for them.

This man would fight his own battles… and judging by the lack of scars on his exposed flesh, he had won all of them.

Gideon was standing with his left side towards Gabriel, cautiously scanning everywhere except the burning house. He was waiting. Almost like he knew the Brotherhood would send someone. Almost like….

Bloody Hell. He knew we would be watching Sebastian. He knew we would go after him. This man let slip where he was going to be because he knew Sebastian had a big mouth and we would hear. Shit! He knows we are here… Kaya… get out of here… I hope you can see the danger presented to us here, you have to go! he practically willed her to hear his thoughts.

His eyes scanned for her but found nothing. He tried to pull on his Eagle Vision again but his mind was racing and he could not focus.

Finally his gaze turned back to Gideon Black, who was now facing towards Gabriel fully. His eyes were looking through the branches and trees…

….Directly at Gabriel Winters.

Gabe’s eyes narrowed as the realization came to him.

….he has the sight….how is that possible…?

Gideon made a subtle gesture with two fingers to his side.

The leaves in the tree above Gabriel rustled and his attention shot skyward. Two men dressed in forest green dropped from the branches. There was no hiding here. Gabe didn’t even try to free Reaper in time, he simply ejected both hidden blades and caught the men in the chests before they could hit the ground or grab him.

Before their corpses even touched the ground, more men in green burst from the bushes, some with knives, some with pistols drawn. Another full platoon…. Gabe reached behind him under his coat and drew both of his own pistols and aimed in the general direction of the green soldiers with firearms of their own.

One of the two shots actually dropped a man, and that man was not dead with a leg wound.

Then the soldiers were on top of him. He parried blades with the butts of his mentors’ pistols and slammed the weighted grips into skulls and stomachs. But there were too many.

Tips of knives began raking at his flesh. Opening cuts along his face and parting cloth and skin alike along his legs and arms. He dropped the pistols after a successful deflection and ripped a dagger from his belt. The steel flashed left and right, stabbing into vulnerable forearms and throats and guts. But for every man he wounded, another scored a hit on him.

He parried a cut and slashed the man’s throat in a spin. When he landed from the spin, he caught a fist to his jaw, dropping him to the forest floor. He rolled with the punch and swept another man’s legs out from beneath him. Gabe buried his dagger in the soldier’s heart before a boot was planted square in his back and pushed him flat against the ground.

Gabe twisted on the ground and grappled with the soldier’s leg, stabbing at pressure points behind the knee with his stiffened fingers. The man dropped to his uninjured knee, but another soldier kicked Gabe in the head.

Hard.

Stars swam before his eyes and Gabriel was dazed for a moment. His ears were ringing but he still heard guns discharging out in the distance. They’d found Kaya…

A hand reached down and grabbed him by his scruff. Instinct took over and Gabriel ejected his hidden blades again, directly into the throat of the man grabbing him.

Pain lanced through his right leg as someone buried a knife in his thigh. Gabriel did not cry out. He’d been trained not to. But while his spirit would fight to the last, Gabriel Winters’ body was out of fuel. He was too weakened.

He felt himself being dragged by the arms. Then the heat of the burning house was on his face. He was close to the fire now. The soldiers threw him bodily to his face directly at the feet of one Gideon Black. There was a comforting weight on his back though, oddly enough.

They hadn’t removed Reaper. Odd.

There was still fighting going on, on the opposite side of the woods. Barely heard above the blazing house.

“You would be the Assassin from across the ocean I presume?” Gideon asked by way of introduction.

Gabriel slowly, painfully pushed himself to his knees. Slowly, painfully, rose to his feet. He wobbled slightly under the strain of his leg. Someone came behind him and ripped his hood down off of his head, exposing his beaten and bloodied face.

“You will make yourself presentable when speaking to Lord Black, dog!” the voice said.

Gideon kept his hands clasped at the wrist behind his back. He made his intentions known by a simple nod to his man. Approval.

Gabe said nothing.

“Do you know why I spared you, Sir?” Gideon continued. His tone was not mocking. It was not condescending. It was neutral. The threat rating went up five more ticks. This man was a career soldier. Straight as an arrow. Once loosed from his Masters’ bow, he would not stop until he found his mark and killed it. He neither shouted nor grinned when he spoke. He had the air of authority about him. Gideon knew that to place himself above an enemy was folly, and dangerous.

Again, Gabe said nothing. He simply stared. Trying to use his peripheral vision to find an escape. Though with his leg in the shape it was, it wasn’t likely going to happen.

“You are a smart man to remain silent, Sir. I respect that. I will answer the question for you then.” Gideon Black spoke with a slight English accent, but masked it enough to be able to pass ass a colonist if need be. He sounded quite American. “I had you spared, because I need information from you. I know you will not give such willingly of course. But I must have it nonetheless.”

Gabriel remained stoically silent. A heavy footfall sounded behind him and he knew he was about to be struck. But a glance from Gideon stopped the man in his tracks.

There was blood in his mouth. The coppery taste was starting to become overwhelming. Gabe slowly turned his head to the side and spat out a wad of blood and saliva.

Gideon was unmoved. He stared indifferently at Gabe. The two simply gazed at one another for a long, awkwardly silent moment.

Then Gideon finally nodded in resignation. “Very well. Have it your way, silent warrior. We shall commune in the method more familiar to us both. Hardly a fair contest, as you are. But, nevertheless… draw your steel, that we might speak as men.”

Black retreated a short distance casually and spun back around, drawing his Templar sword with practiced grace. Gabriel remained stony faced. He reached an aching arm behind his head and felt the reassuring grip of Reaper right where it should be. He clenched his fingers around it and drew it slowly. This wasn’t going to be good. He was a Master of the blade. But that didn’t count for much when you had one leg throwing off your balance.

Gideon’s eyes fell upon Reaper and he nodded in satisfaction. “A fine weapon, I have seen few to match its elegance.”

As much as he didn’t want to break his silence, Gabriel had a single burning question in his mind.

“How is it that a Templar, came to have the ‘sight’?” he said almost in a whisper.

Gideon smiled sadly as he placed both hands on the hilt of his sword and held it before him. “A story for another time I’m afraid. To make this an even contest, you have my word that I will not feint to your weak side. Does that sound amicable to you?” It was said almost like they were just sparring. Friends testing their strength. Gabriel wasn’t walking away from this, he knew. Even if he managed to kill Black, the soldiers would take him without hesitation. If John and Felicity had been here… they still would have been killed to the last. He just hoped that he could keep the attention of as many soldiers as possible on him, to maybe give Kaya a chance.

He already knew the answer, but it was a swordsman’s courtesy that could not be overlooked. “Your name, Templar.” Gabriel said.

“I am Gideon Black. Seeker, of the Templar Order. And you, Sir?”

Gabriel nodded once. “I am Gabriel Winters. Night Blade of the Brotherhood of Assassins.”

Gideon bowed his head slightly and raised his blade in a swordsman’s salute. Gabriel mirrored the motion with his own sword.

“A fine name, Gabriel Winters. It is my honor to face you today.”

Gabriel closed slowly, testing the weight on his bad leg. It wasn’t good. Every step sent lightning through his body. “Honor from a Templar is wasted breath, Gideon Black…”

And then both swords came down on each other and the battle was on. Both men struck again and again at each other, high and low. They didn’t shift their feet. They just fought at a standstill, as if both of them were standing on a small platform together, afraid to fall off by taking even a single step backward.

The repeated clash of steel rang out almost over the roar of the fire and the house collapsing to the ground.

Gabriel and Gideon both grunted as they locked blades, struggling for superiority.  

Time to end this, I don’t have much left…

Gabriel heaved mightily and threw Black’s sword up high. His strong knee gave out and Gabe shoulder rolled under the back swing of Black’s counter swing, placing Winters behind the Seeker as Black was spinning.

In one final strike, Gabriel pushed off of his good leg, springing from the ground and brought Reaper from a low guard into a fully arced swing with every erg of strength he had left. Gideon brought down his own sword around in a two handed grip with equal strength.

The clash of steel was deafening.

Gabriel’s Reaper hardly met any resistance at all as it passed through.

Gideon Black grimaced and closed his eyes as he stumbled forward slightly...

Gabriel Winters fell to his knees, a red line of blood traced from his right hip up to his chest where the tip of Gideon’s blade had cut through. Reaper was little more than a hilt and a short angle of razor sharp steel. The full length of the legendary sword lay on the ground a short distance away.

The Templar Seeker, Gideon Black sheathed his sword and began to regain his wind. “See that Gabriel Winters survives these wounds. I want this man taken care of. Any soldier that harms him in any way will answer directly to me.”

Before he blacked out, Gabe saw Black mounting his steed.

Gideon Black on a black horse… That’s ironic… he thought before he fell face first to the ground, and descended blissfully into blackness.

“As you say… Lord Black…”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [closed] Beginning Anew    [closed] Beginning Anew  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

[closed] Beginning Anew
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next