Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

Familiar Places (open to assassins)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 1:55 am

Not bad." Ava said smiling. She then hopped back onto her horse and waited for him. "Let me know when your ready to keep going. This is just a horse pasture we still have the chickens, pigs, sheep and cows along with some training areas."
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Regular
Regular
Hotwire

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Harmon shook off the remaining effects of this bizarre eyesight, and turned back to Ava. The feeling was certainly different from that which he experienced in the animus. It felt more real. Regaining his focus, he responded. "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Regular
Regular
Hotwire

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Ava showed him a good part of the farm all the way out past the training fields. By the time they got back and put the horses up the smell of food was coming from the house. "Diner's ready." She said with a smile. "Come on, hope you like to eat because when my mother cooks she cooks for an army," Ava told him with a smile as she began walking back to the house.
Back to top Go down
Hotwire
Regular
Regular
Hotwire

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 8:29 pm

As the two of them put away the horse, Harmon let out a labored breath as they made for the house, smelling all sorts of foods wafting in on the cool evening air. Harmon let out a bit of a laugh. "An army huh? Well she's in for a surprise. I can eat for a whole country." He mused as he approached the front door. "Thanks for everything. I appreciate all the help you're giving me here. There's just so much going on. I have no idea if I'm ready for all of it."
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 am

"If ya got assassin in ya blood laddie ya can handle anything." She said as they walked into a house filled with laughter and the smell of hot good food. "Fill your place and find a place ta sit. My brothers are watching the football game if ya wanna join em." She said as she walked into the kitchen. Large plates and bowls full if food.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 3:53 am

My name is John Albot Har--- My name is John Al--- My name... My name is Spring-Heeled Jack. Is it? Who am I? What am I? A man or a beast? Fear is a... THE CREED IS WRONG. Fear is a weakness. Today I must feast. Feastfeastfeast. AGHHHH! Too many thoughts, too many... WRONG. Let the trial begin.

There was nothing to see in the blackness of the cold coffee in his cup. It was like looking through the abyss, but this time the abyss never looked back at him. It stayed still in silence and so did he. His eyes were transfixed at the nothingness, his mind buzzing with words, a scrabble game with no clear sentences. Hours passed since he last made a movement of any kind, not an inch and not a sound.

"Krrshhksh... Come in, Jack 1. We've got something for you."

The comm device on his ear went off, relaying a new message along with some static noises. It interrupted him from his musing, pulling him back to the reality that was countryside Ireland, or more precisely Carlingford. Hargreeves took a sip of his coffee, looked around for a bit, then pressed the button on his comm device to answer.

"Jack 1 here. Speak."

"Oh Jack 1, my boy. You are absolutely going to love this one."

There was a hint of enthusiasm from the man's voice, one with a darker intent. Hargreeves could also hear sheets of paper being thrown around, it was as if the man was searching for something in a hurry. This went on for a few seconds, a scuffle. Before finally, there was a reply.

"It would seem that the Assassins are testing a new technology here in Ireland. Fascinating stuff, really good specs. Apparently it's being tested on new recruits. Taught by a freelancer by the name of..."

The man made squeaky noises with his mouth as he mumbled to himself. "Let's see, let's see now... AH! Ava Doncaster, quite a looker. About the same age as you Jack 1."

Hargreeves snarled in response.

"Wow, calm down mate. I was just messing with ya. The mission is pretty simple, you have the drive with you right?"

A small drive was given to Hargreeves before his departure, he had no idea what it was for nor did he want to. He took it out from his coat pocket and examined it. It was a fairly small drive colored in jet black with purple outlines, all in all very odd looking.

"Yes. Jack 9 gave it to me before I flew here."

"Alrighty then, all you need to do now is put that drive into the new tech. It contains a virus that would turn the animus program into a nightmare simulator with similar effects to Sir Jack King's fear toxin."

Hargreeves remembered the first time he got into contact with one of Sir Jack King's fear toxins. He was an initiate at the time and if it wasn't for his unorthodox mind, he would've surely died. But that was a trial that he must face and thanks to it, he was now truly free from fear.

"Those Assassins don't know what true freedom is, they wouldn't know it even if it had hit them in the ballsack. So show it to them, would ya? I'm going off now. Best of luck. Be swift, Jack 1. Prometheus out... Ksdhhhjzhkskhsz."

And with that, Hargreeves disappeared. Only his empty cup of coffee and some money remained on his table. The trial had begun.

Last edited by DannyBoy on Fri May 04, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Ava laughed with her family. Once the children began to go to sleep, Ava made her way out to the empty stable where the animus had been set up. She intended to sit and guard the tech. She knew that now that it had been set up and she knew some idiot organization would likely try to take it or mess it up. She had no intention of letting that happen.

Before coming out she changed into her robes and told everyone to stay away for the night, just in case something did happen. She now sat on top of one of the stalls waiting quietly. She couldn't allow anything to happen to the animus.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 3:57 pm

The moonlight gave rise to a silhouette in the distance. To the common observer, Hargreeves looked like the personification of a demon. Large red eyes, wide black wings, long sharp claws, a terrifying figure. In truth, he was just wearing his Spring-Heeled Jack outfit. From on top of a Church, he sat perched near the edges of the roof. A gargoyle keeping watch in the shadows. His goggles calibrating, zooming in on a particular house about a few blocks away. It was the house of Ava Doncaster.

Hargreeves observed the house carefully, meticulously studying the schematics as he scanned it. A 3D model appeared on the screen of his goggles. It gave a detailed look on the layout of the house. There was nothing particularly unique in it, but it was in the middle of a large plot of land. Perfect for a horse breeder. He watched as the family inside finished their dinner, what a naive bunch. Laughing in the safety of their comfort zones, unaware of the suffering that the world has to offer. Well, those laughs weren't going to last very long anyway. It was time.

Minutes passed before they had finally finished their meal. Most of them went to bed, yet oddly enough, Ava was not. Instead, she went outside wearing her robe. Must've been a remnant from her days with the creed. Foolish girl, she should've just went to bed like the rest of her family. It seemed like she was cautious of the danger from having new Assassin technology in her household, which meant that the element of surprise was out of the question. Hargreeves stood up and with a click of his boots, he jumped.

The spring mechanism on his boots allowed him to jump two stories high, making travel much easier and faster. They're also laced with a very special 'rubber' material that could absorb kinetic energy, therefore he was able to land with minimum sound. Hargreeves leaped along the roofs of nearby houses, athletically avoiding obstacles along the way. When Ava was in sight, he leaped once again, facing away from the moon above.

This maneuver was intended to keep the enemy's eyes focused on Hargreeves silhouette. From her position, she shouldn't be able to see him reaching for the knives on his belt. Once in hand, he threw the knives right at her in midair, and only the glints coming from the reflections of the moonlight on the metals were visible. They were aiming for three different parts of her: one was aimed at the achilles tendon, another at her right eye, while the last one was aimed straight at her heart.

In the off chance that they miss, Hargreeves was already aiming his hook claws at her. He just needs to be ready for her next movement and with one push of a button he could, in theory, end her right then and there.
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Smiling from the shadows Ava watched as the man threw his knives. She had dealt with men and women just like him. What he was aiming at was just a dummy. The knives hit their target but there was no blood of cries of pain and death. Stepping out of the shadows she planted a kick right into the center of his spine. She kicked again this time at his kidney. Ava said nothing and instead continued moving towards him her wrist blades shooting out of her long sleeves.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:34 pm

The knives hit with deadly accuracy, however, there was no screech of pain nor was there blood coming out from his target's wounds. As he fell closer to the roof of the stable, he was disappointed to see that Ava was not there. It was only a cheap mannequin in the guise of her, nothing but a decoy. This could only mean one thing: a surprise attack was coming.

Hargreeves readjusted his body as soon as he heard a sound from his flank. Sure enough, a kick was heading his way. He barely managed to shield his body with his metal hook claw before having to dodge another one that was aimed right at his kidney. Unfortunately, he couldn't move his body fast enough so the second kick went in. His fall changed momentum and he ended up hitting one of the wooden pillars that was holding up the stable's canopy. The pillar split in two due to the force of the impact, it would've been a fatal blow if he wasn't wearing any armor.

A small part of the canopy fell on him, the weight of it forcing him to stay down in the dirt. At this moment, Hargreeves' mind went into overdrive. It was said that the speed of thought was faster than the speed of light, and he had experienced this too many times to know that it was true. Every neuron in his brain were firing rapidly at random intervals, a bullet ricocheting off tin walls. In this state, his senses were abnormally sharper and his body was more durable than the average human. He had lost control.

Bzzt

I can taste it

Bzzt

Death is near

Bzzt

Embrace it

Bzzt

Kill

Hargreeves rose up from the debris as if they were nothing. His body slouched forward while his arms were unnervingly swaying from side to side. He was limping as he walked forward towards Ava, but he felt no pain at all. The darkness had swallowed him, it was the after effect of the Spring-Heeled Jacks training regiment, one that he will always carry.

"Come sit with me by the fire, we'll watch the flames as they grow higher."

He sung, his voice hollow and cold.

"But when the flames fade and die, there'll just be darkness, and you and I."

Beneath the mask he was grinning menacingly, he couldn't help himself.

"So I'll tell my tale as fast as I can, I don't want to be left here with that man."

When the distance between him and Ava was just about two meters away, he stopped.

"What man?"

And with that he rushed at her with amazing speed, jumping at the last second and flipped over her head. In mid air, he detached his hook claw and aimed it at her back. The fiber lines attaching the claws and his glove screeching as the metals slid through the openings. When the claws were inches away from their target, he pulled out a few smoke pellets from his belt and crushed them with his free hand. As the smoke covered him, he shrieked loudly at Ava. A madman declaring his name.

"THE MAN THEY CALL SPRING-HEELED JACK!"
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 1:23 am

As he jumped over her she dropped and rolled out of the way avoid his claws. Jumping to her feet she turned tossing two small balls onto the floor sending out bright sparks as she moved behind him again, spin kicking him in the side of the head. "Just go down Jacky!" She spat as she kicked at his kidneys again a blade coming from the tip of her boot as she aimed for his kidney.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 7:01 am

There was no elegance in the way she moved. She needed to understand that there were people out there who had honed every muscle in their bodies, people like Hargreeves. Who had the control, though not entirely, and the deliberation. His first language was body language, and he remembered the first time that he watched a ballet recital. Those dancers he saw weren't speaking in the ugly guttural dialect of violence, they were using their bodies to sing. To create rhythm and poetry and to express the full spectrum of human emotion.

Hargreeves had never understood the purpose of art before that very day. He wished that he could create it on his own. Use his first language and be understood properly. From time to time, he will steal a move from the dancers. A way to see if he could change the nature of the fight through a kind of grace, a message hidden in the brutality and wickedness. But it would often go unheard. Violence was much louder than art, and it was necessary.

Two small objects rolled into the smoke screen, unleashing a bright flash of light that would stun most men. It was a futile attempt. There was no man hiding behind the mask, only a shell of him. This demon that had taken over did not need his vision to fight. The more it fought, the easier it gets. It can hear, feel, smell a hundred ways to kill its enemy and it would go down to Hargreeves to choose the strikes that won't. But the man, the voice of reason, was not there. He could only see the action unfold through the prison cell of his own mind.

Even then, the demonic persona that calls himself Jack, was tracing the sound of Ava's movements. The woman moved across the smoke and into his flank. She was going to do the same thing twice, but not entirely. Jack postured himself in a defensive stance, waiting for the exact moment that she would attack. Gently he moved inches to the side just as her spinning kick was about to hit his head. Then when the second kick came his way, he extended his right arm long enough to reduce the impact of her kick by holding her ankle in place when it wasn't at its full momentum, barely avoiding the hidden blade peeking out of the tip of her boot. It was only a few centimeters apart from his kidney.

"So which one is it going to be?"

Jack asked nonchalantly, tilting his head a bit to taunt her.

"Your ankle..."

He compressed the joints in her ankle with his hand. The endgame being skeletal failure and cracking in the navicular or talus.

"Or your life?"

His free hand reached out for the Springfield XD on his belt and pointed it at her head. This was the defining moment, both Hargreeves and Jack were looking forward to her answer. A test to prove if she was worthy enough to live, whether or not she was free from the shackles of fear. If she answered correctly, then there was no need for him to shoot.
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Ava wasn't as shocked as she should have been. She had made a miss calculation which had been entirely her fault. She felt his squeezing her ankle but the only sign of pain she made was a small eye twitch. Her eyes never left him and her expression never changed as he gave her a choice. "Ah... Laddie..." She said with a sigh. "If ya want the animus... ya gonna have ta kill me." She said smiling as she gripped the barrel of the gun and pressed it to her head. She showed no sign of fear. Death was an occupational hazard as an assassin and she had come to terms with that years ago. She had no fear of death in any sense.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 5:18 am

The demon, Jack, resigned from the control of the body's consciousness. His mission was done, the trial was over. Deep within the mindscape of his mind, he went back to his cage, letting Hargreeves out into the driver's seat of his own individual self. Both of them were satisfied with the answer that Ava had given. She deserved to live.

"You have chosen the right answer."

Hargreeves loosened his grip on her ankle, letting it go entirely as he puts his gun back to its holster. It would've been much easier to just kill her right there, to pull the trigger and let the bullet penetrate her skull and go through her brain, to paint the green grass below with blood red, but no. She understood. To have a full life one must not be afraid of death. Her chains were already broken, and he suspected that that was the case from a very long time.

"Prometheus. Change of plans."

He pressed the button on the right side of his mask, activating the comm device.

"Change of plans? What do you mean change of plans? Just shoot her and be done with it. We need to get that drive inside their system, that is an order Jack 1."

The man from the other side sounded agitated, it seemed that this has happened quite a lot. For a long time now, the two have worked together with a low chance of failure. Their contrasting personalities and traits were oddly one of the main reasons they were able to do so. But this, this was the reason why they experience failure at all. Not because any of the missions were too hard, not because they were incompetent, but because Hargreeves had a flawed philosophy that drove him.

"You will find another one for me. Next time, I will get the job done. She deserves to live Prometheus but she will have to die if I were to go near the animus. I cannot do that. She understands. She understands us."

A long sigh can be heard alongside a bit of static. There was no way around it, the mission has to be delayed. But nevertheless, success was pretty much guaranteed when the two of them were handling it. Prometheus knew this. The only thing that they've lost today was time, but time's a plenty. He began typing codes on his keyboard. Accessing protected sites, navigating through the endless web called the internet, looking for another shipping of the new state-of-the-art Animus. A few hours was all he needed.

"Very well. But Jack my boy, the next time we do this, make sure you finish it. Cause you understand the consequences that we have to face if we don't finish this job right? Mister King does not tolerate failure, remember that."

A 'beep' sound rang as the lights on Hargreeves' comm device went out. Prometheus was offline. The night was still very young, it was only a few minutes after midnight. He needed to go back to his safe house, he needed to think of a better strategy, next time he will make sure that he plants the drive first before facing off against any other opponent. The mechanics on his boots were activated, he was about jump out off the area. With his back now turned against Ava, he awaits for them to be fully functional.
Back to top Go down
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin
AvaAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Ava glared at him anger in her eyes as she uses the knife in her boot to break the spring mechanics in his boot. "You're not going anywhere yet laddie... I got questions..." She said as she stood faced him. She wouldn't kill him with his back turned to her and she would not kill him tonight. "You owe me that much. I wanna know where the bloody hell you came from and why you want the Animus..." Told him still standing there. She ignored the pain in her leg as she stood fully on both legs. She wanted to kill him more than anything but he had spared her so she would spare him.

She stood there waiting for him to respond to her as she caught her breath from their fight. She didn't know why but she found him rather attractive. She had always had a thing for a man who could beat her in a fight. "Answer and I'll give you a ride into town." She said running a hand through her flaming red hair, pushing it back from her face.
Back to top Go down
DannyBoy
Regular
Regular
DannyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 5:44 am

Sparks of electricity burst out of his boots as the cables in the mechanics were torn apart. Prometheus really needed to upgrade them, they needed a faster time to properly function. Hargreeves wanted to ignore Ava, he knew better than to give the Creed more information about his organization. But then again, there was no use in being silent also. He was a psychopath with charisma, he'll find a way around this.

"Clearly you need to read up more on your Creed's history. I am the follower of Sir Jack King, I'm sure that name must sound very familiar to you."

He turned around facing her. His answers needed to be as vague and cryptic as they could possibly be. He will not allow her to dig into him more than she needed to.

"I do not want the Animus. I have no interest in it whatsoever. I only want to show you and your new recruits the way to pure freedom."

He pulled out the drive from his coat pocket and showed it to her.

"Once all of you know what this drive has in store, then I will know those who are truly living and those who are just wasting their lives away."

Hargreeves put the drive back in its place. All of the things that he said weren't lies, they were merely half-truths. Now it was time to wait for her response. Hopefully, there would be no need for more fighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Places (open to assassins)   Familiar Places (open to assassins) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3