Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» The Sands of Time
Today at 6:07 am by Voidmon

» Shattered Sanity
Today at 6:06 am by Voidmon

» The best of the worst (closed)
Today at 6:05 am by Voidmon

» A Question of Loyalty
Today at 6:04 am by Voidmon

» Lost Souls
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 pm by The1And0nly

The Sands of Time

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: The Sands of Time   Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:43 pm

The sun was hot, reflecting harshly off the yellow sand. Hoof prints ran from horizon to horizon and beside those were the paw prints of a canine. They were headed in the direction of Alexandria from Memphis. Whoever it was had just finished business in Memphis and was headed to the city, possibly to enter the races. The barking of a dog echoed through the air, causing the rider to look up from beneath his hood.

The city was just ahead of them. Good. Saba and Juni both needed a drink. No doubt Sanai needed water as well and he knew he himself needed it. "Come on, Saba," he said, patting the stallion's neck. "Let's get into the city so we can find a trough for you." As though in response, Saba snorted and picked up his hooves into a trot. It didn't take long for his hooves to start drumming against stone, trailing a small bit of sand with him as he went. The shade of the buildings here felt nice to him, making him relax, though he felt more comfortable in the deserts.

Juni yipped, earning Ammon's attention. It didn't take long for people to stop and stare at him and his companions. Good thing Sanai was hidden within the saddle bag at Saba's hip. Soon, they stopped off at a water trough, where Saba bent his head to drink. Juni soon joined the horse as Ammon slid off the saddle and headed inside, Sanai wrapped around his neck inside of his hood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:51 pm

(I hope it's alright if I join this?)

A white camel with a small impala horn strapped to its forehead was tied up by the trough outside, quenching its thirst. At the arrival of the horse, the camel shifted slightly to allow the horse better access to the water.

A young woman was passed out in the corner of the room, likely the result of a night of heavy drinking. She was rather beautiful, even in her current state. A little girl, no older than six, set a gentle hand on the woman's shoulder, the other holding a cup of water with some herbs in.
"Excuse me, nebet..." The woman stirred, opening her eyes slowly, and smiling at the little girl before taking the cup.
"Nek... Thank you, child. Here is your payment, as promised." She handed the young girl some coins, and a small sweet smelling pouch. The little girl ran off excitedly, leaving the woman to her drink. The woman worked at her drink quietly, taking her time with it. Judging by the heat, it was probably sometime in the afternoon. She gently felt the thin red string around her neck, and let out a sigh of relief before scanning the room, almost as if she was looking for someone. The young man caught her eye. From his clothing, she figured he was likely a Medjay.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:11 am

(Oh, that's fine! Very Happy I'll just close it if you'd like ^_^ our roles are usually pretty great Very Happy

Ammon looked around for a moment before he crossed the floor to the bar. There, he sat down and leaned over the counter, arms folded in front of him. Sanai hissed quietly and threatened to fall off from around his neck. Ammon stuck his hand into his hood and grabbed her tail, pulling her back around his neck while the other hand booped her nose with a finger. "Stay hidden, Sanai," he said, dropping his hand back down to the counter. The man behind the counter placed a wooden cup filled with water. Ammon nodded his thanks and took the cup in hand, staring into the water. He remained quiet, despite feeling all the eyes on his back. Of course they'd be staring at him. He was the Cobra of the Sands; a Death Dealer.

Many would think him a Medjay in service to the Pharaoh. Yes, he accepted challenges around the Palace like protecting the Pharaoh and his family but he was a free roaming soul. He never stayed put in one spot longer than he needed to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:31 am

(You really don't have to.)

The young woman finally rose from her spot on the floor, and stretched causing her spine to make a loud clicking noise. She still couldn't see the man that she was looking for, so she figured he had either gone home, or went to the nearest temple. The young woman made her way to the counter, to get a refill of her drink as she figured one more ought to do it. She looked at the young man for a moment, a small smile on her face.
"How are your travels going, Medjay" the woman asked curiously before taking another sip of her drink. She was a curious woman, yet she was still polite about it. A small pile of sand had formed at the bottom of her chair which she proceeded to disperse. Wherever Nour went, the sand followed.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:33 pm

Ammon didn't speak. He acknowledged her presence with a nod and took a drink of his water. Sanai hissed beneath his hood, her head swiveling towards Nour as though she knew something. Ammon hissed back, booping her nose with a finger again to tell her to stay. He glanced over at her for a moment before he decided it was time to break his silence. "Travels are going well," he said simply. "I'm just in Alexandria for some relaxation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:11 pm

The young Medjay had come to Alexandria for relaxation? Nour thought the young man was surely mad. Then again, many people thought she was mad. After all, she was the woman that swam with crocodiles and spent days at a time in the middle of the desert.
"I suppose we all need time to relax" she said with a sigh before finishing her drink, and sliding a few coins over to the woman behind the counter. Nour stood up, and headed towards the door before looking back to the young Medjay, a small smile on her face. "Stay safe, Medjay, and may the gods watch over you." She paused for a moment, thinking. "You should stay off the roads tonight. Something tells me there will be a storm." Nour headed outside, and made her way straight to the waters edge. She waded through the water before closing her eyes as she raised her arms in prayer.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 am

Ammon watched as she left. A storm, huh? He took a swig of his water, which was quickly refilled by the lady. Out popped Sanai and lapped at the water with her tongue before she dared slide out further to drink. Ammon shook his head and held the cup up to his neck. "Is that what you wanted? Silly snake." He said with a fond grin spreading across his face. "What do you think, Sanai? Shall we race and earn some more gold?" Sanai gave a soft hiss and, with that, Ammon stood to his feet, slid a few gold pieces across the counter and exited the building, where he was greeted by a happy Saba and a happy Juni.

"We've got races to attend," Ammon declared, stroking each animal on the head before he swung up into the saddle. "Walk, Saba." With a snort, Saba began to walk forward with Juni at his side. He marked himself off as lucky the woman didn't take note of Sanai or that he had a black Jackal. She would have surely thought differently about him then. The black jackal was the sign of Anubis's influence and should anyone know that he had been chosen by Anubis himself...Ammon didn't know what would happen, nor what others would think. Best to let them think him a simple Medjay at times, or just a Death Dealer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 am

Nour watched the Medjay leave on his horse, taking note of the black jackal. It certainly was an interesting development. A man marked by her lover's son was definitely a person of interest to her. She finished her prayers, gently rubbing a crocodile on the snout before wading out of the waters. Nour hopped onto her camel, and headed towards the hippodrome, hoping to catch the races. She had a job there too. A young Greek man by the name of Cicero was to die by her blade.

As much as Nour despised the Greeks, she enjoyed the entertainment they provided. The races and the theatre were reason enough to enter Alexandria. Nour wandered through the audience, keeping an eye open for her target. She felt the small pouch of sand on her hip, and smiled. It was her signature, leaving her victims with wounds filled with sand.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 am

Ammon pushed Sanai back under his clothing again before he hopped up into his chariot. This was going to be a good race. He could feel it. And this time, he'd win. He clicked his tongue and urged the horses to go forward, which they obeyed, having been steered by him many times before this. It actually felt good to be back in the hippodrome, to be back behind the reins of a chariot; to be racing again. He just hoped everything went smoothly so he could return to Memphis for his next target.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Nour arrived at the hippodrome, and wandered through the crowd, searching for her target. She had been stalking the Greek for a week, learning his habits. He would often buy a few drinks as he watched the races with a young Egyptian woman on his knee. This would be her easiest kill in a while. Nour met Cicero with a large jug of wine which she presented to him with a smile.
"I have brought you only the finest of wine in Alexandria, Neb" Nour said with a smile. Cicero chased away the woman he had with him, and beckoned for Nour to sit on his knee. She watched the Medjay race with a smile as she continued to feed Cicero wine. The drinker he got, the more handsy he became. Nour was disgusted with this man.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Final lap and Ammon had remained in first place since the beginning of the race. Now, as he passed by Nour and the drunk Greek, Sanai gave a hiss of warning and the world seemed to slow down for him. His head swiveled towards the crowd and in the same moment that he saw someone, Sanai unfurled her hood beneath his clothes and gaped his mouth open wide in an audible hiss. The person turned only long enough to catch Ammon's eye before it seemed like the person vanished right there on the spot. Whoever it was, Sanai didn't like the aura that was there. And neither did he. Ammon didn't notice that his chariot had crossed the finish line first. He was still too busy wondering who that person was and why neither him nor Sanai liked the aura.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm

Once Nour was certain that the Greek man was drunk enough, she led him away to a secluded area with the promise of sex. Once they reached their destination, Nour quickly thrust her hidden blade into his throat before dragging it downwards, taking a step backwards to avoid the cascading entrails. She poured the sand into the gaping hole in the Greek's abdomen, watching with a smile as the sand took on a reddish hue and the light faded from his eyes.
"Hmm... not enough sand" she said, sounding disappointed. Luckily, there was always sand about her, and she was in Egypt, so sand was pretty much everywhere. She kicked some sand onto the Greek, much like a cat burying its business, and headed off to a safe distance to clean her hidden blade.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Once the race was over and he'd collected his winnings, Ammon went out of the hippodrome and over to Saba and Juni. Juni was growling at something that Ammon couldn't see, then again the jackal was always doing that. "Hush, Juni," Ammon commanded, laying a hand on the dog's head, earning a whimper out of the canine. "We're okay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:27 pm

"You were really good out there, Medjay. I must say, I'm impressed" Nour said with a smile as she emerged from her place amongst the shadows. She looked down at Juni, and smiled. He was pretty cute, and she was tempted to scratch him behind the ears, but decided against it. A large Egyptian man watched Nour from a distance, and he had a rather strange feeling about him. Nour looked at the man for a moment, and rolled her eyes before looking back to the young Medjay.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:07 am

Ammon patted Juni when the dog began to growl again and gave a command in what people called the Language of the Gods. Not many knew the gods' language and those that did were thought cursed and unapproachable. But it was a gift to be chosen by a god. Ammon was living proof. "Thank you," he said in acknowledgement to Nour's praise on his race today, though his eyes were anywhere but the woman. He was on edge, that much was clear. Though by what, he didn't yet know. But he could hear a voice calling him in the back of his mind, egging him to visit Anubis's temple. He looked up at Nour and rose to his feet, gripping the reins of Saba in one hand. "Let me share this with you: I hate talking to people. I hate being around people unless I need to be. And something's telling me to tell you this: I need to find the Temple of Anubis around here."

(And I just looked it up. The dogs back then weren't jackals. They were the Egyptian Pharaoh Hound I believe....I think lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am

Nour smiled when she heard the Medjay speak the sacred language of the gods. It was wonderful to hear someone else speak the old language again. She looked to the mysterious man, and nodded, watching him head to the temple.
"I have been to the temple many times before, Medjay" Nour said with a smile as she looked back to the young man. She spoke in the sacred language of the gods, revealing that there was something truly special about her. She was no common killer, that much had become obvious. "Might I walk with you to the temple? It seems our paths are the same, Medjay." Despite her aura, she came off as rather sweet and kind.

(They're so cute tongue )

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

(I know! And so gorgeous!)

"I have a name," Ammon said a little too hot-headed like. He didn't like people, that was clear. But what he hated most of all was when no one bothered to ask for his name and simply started calling him something like Medjay or Dealer. He didn't mind being called Cobra, for that's what he was considered as, especially with his own cobra around his neck. "It's Ammon. And...I guess I could use the company." He said the last bit begrudgingly as he swung up into Saba's saddle. There, he asked the horse to walk and walk on the stallion did with Juni right beside him. He contemplated speaking his creatures' names to Nour and there was that voice again, agreeing that he should. With a deep breath, Ammon spoke three names and the creature it belonged to.

"Saba, my horse. Juni, my faithful, loyal companion and Sanai, my poison supply." Sanai hissed beneath his hood, though refused to come out. She didn't trust anyone that Ammon didn't trust, that was certainly clear.

(oh, pronunciations:

Juni joo-KNEE

Sanai sah-NIGH

Saba is self explanatory lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:27 am

"I was trying to be respectful. I'm Nour, if you're wondering" Nour said with a sigh as she hopped onto her camel. The large beast walked forward on its own, almost as if it had been trained to do so. He didn't seem like the most pleasant person ever, but she figured he had his reason. She was used to being called a sand snake, a street rat, or a dirt dog. If only people knew... "They're all adorable. I don't know about Sanai, but I'm sure she's as beautiful as Wadjet herself." Nour rode on in silence for a while, uncertain of what to make of the young man. She could sense there was something about him, something that made him unique. The fact that he spoke the sacred language was intriguing to her. "Cursed, or marked" Nour asked in the old sacred language.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:36 pm

He'd nodded his head that Sanai was indeed as beautiful as Wadjet and turned to look at Nour when she'd asked him if he was cursed or marked. Ammon's eyes fell forward between Saba's ears and Juni gave a soft barking growl before he answered. "I can show you my back," he said in the ancient language. "And you can decide that for yourself." It was obviously clear that he didn't know himself. Though the pain in his voice stated that he had been called cursed since his younger years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:40 am

"There's no need, Ammon" Nour said with a smile, "The fact that you are still here is proof it is not a curse." As they rode through Alexandria, a tall Egyptian man would appear, follow them, then disappear as if by some kind of magic. There was something strange about the man, and it showed in his unique yet noble attire that was covered in sand, even leaving a trail of sand behind him.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am

Ammon would look down at Juni every so often as the canine would take interest in something seemingly invisible. He commanded the canine to be still and follow within the ancient language, which Juni obeyed immediately. Though, Ammon still had a creepy feeling that he was being watched. It didn't feel like the eyes of Anubis. At least with Anubis, Ammon knew what the eyes felt like. This felt...different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:15 am

When they reached the temple, the strange man finally left them alone. Why did he leave them at the temple? Nour hopped off her camel, gazing upon the beautiful temple before her with a smile on her face. It was good to see a temple in such good condition, and to see people in prayer. Nour dipped her head before looking to Ammon, glad to have met someone that served the gods.

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:30 am

Ammon looked to Nour as he slid off of Saba's back. He looked down at Juni, who instantly sat down by the horse's hooves. Then he booped Sanai on her nose before he stepped inside. He hadn't been to a temple of Anubis in a while, so to see one in actual good condition made his heart soar. Ammon didn't stop at the usual prayer alters. He never did. Instead, he walked straight up to the actual statue of the god of the underworld and knelt down after lighting a few candles. He grabbed a wooden bowl and held it up to his neck, where Sanai sank her fangs over the edge of the bowl and allowed her venom to drip into the wood until it was filled to a satisfying level. Ammon carefully set the bowl of poison down at Anubis's feet and offered one final thing to his offering: a single drop of his own blood mixed into the venom of the Egyptian Cobra. Once his drop had been dealt, Ammon bowed his head and closed his eyes to begin his prayer. It definitely was a unique way of gaining the god's attention and one no one used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voidmon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:47 am

Nour entered the temple quietly, leaving the strange man outside. He watched Ammon with great interest, eager to see why his son had chosen this man as his champion. Nour watched the people from the shadows, particularly interested in what Ammon was doing. She pulled a small pouch of honeyed nuts from her bag, and tipped the contents into a bowl before sprinkling some salt over the offering. She set the bowl before the statue before kneeling in prayer, her arms held high as she prayed. There were strange markings running down the side of her body, as well as a few hieroglyphics. She bore the markings of a god, an ancient and powerful one. The strange markings seemed to have an eerie glow to them... Just who exactly did she serve?

Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Ammon didn't pay much attention to Nour's strange markings. Instead, he was gazing up at Anubis as a child would look up at their father. His back began to burn the longer he sat in the presence of the god, so he did what he always did when he was in a long commune with Anubis: he shrugged off the tunic covering his chest, revealing the jackal and snake marking that sat between his shoulder blades. Those that saw it quickly ended their prayers and left the temple out of fear. Ammon even heard one say something about the cursed one before they left and it made him falter only slightly in his prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sands of Time   

Back to top Go down

The Sands of Time
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next