Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Today at 12:01 am by Hotwire

» Admin Birthday
Yesterday at 10:30 pm by Clayst

» Unity in-game RP
Yesterday at 5:12 am by Galtharis

» Stone cold (closed)
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 pm by Voidmon

» A Light in the Darkness (Closed with AvaAssassin)
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm by Voidmon

Share | 

The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:25 am

Mara finally got off the plane and sighed.

It had been a long trip she just made from Peru. She had been sent there by her master to help Lima’s guild, but even before she could come back to Florida, she had been sent to Ireland to help as well. Mara wasn’t surprised at all. That was something that could happen for weeks, even years. She would be sent off again and again without even going back to her own guild to rest a little. But she would never complain or feel the amount of work she would have to do. Not even stress. She would do everything by rote. No questions asked, no emotional interaction with her work. Cold as ice, but still understanding and caring. Her way to care about people, and sometimes to smile, was the only thing that proved that she wasn’t a machine.

She got down to Dublin and found the car that would take her to the guild. Drove by Assassins to which she only said a few words, the car took her to the countryside of Ireland. She didn’t dare to take a look outside. However, the driver ended up trying to get a conversation out of Mara. He smiled and looked at her in the mirror.

“That’s no lots of bags you’re bringing with you, dear!”

Mara looked down at the bag she was hugging to her chest. A simple backpack. She said no words for a moment before she nodded.

“Indeed”

She had no choices but to travel light. Her armor, bows and arrows always were sent before her so she could get them wherever she would land. The rest were the essentials. Toothbrush, clothing, guns. The usual. She had her tricks to make her bag get in planes anyways.

“And what are you doing here? Heard you were from the US!”

“I am here to help” she only answered before she took a look outside. Where could the guild be? She had to meet with someone who would tell her what to do. But she wasn’t planning on going to the countryside…

“That’s good, help always is welcome!”

Yeah, she thought after a moment, nodding in silence. For that’s the only reason why I am welcome.

After quite of a long ride, the car stopped. Mara thought it had broken down, but the driver smiled at her and turned to her.

“Here it is!”

Mara got down after a moment. That was not… what she was expecting from an Assassin’s place. Horses, land and a single, yet quite huge, house. She frowned and stayed right where she was as the car drove away on the dirt road. Her bag on her shoulder, she looked up. She had to meet with someone there. Her mission was to be assigned but… this wasn’t what she was expecting at all. Maybe there was a mistake...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:26 pm

If there had been any doubt in her mind that this place was where Mara needed to go, it would quickly be assuaged by a figure exiting the house. A figure wearing the garb of an assassin trainee. "Ah! Welcome. You must be the American we were expecting. Two in such just as many months. It's quite refreshing to get a new perspective." The young woman said in a heavy Welsh accent.

"I was told to bring you to Harmon when you got here, and he's probably in the Animus right now"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm

She said nothing for a couple of seconds before she nodded a little. finally looked up at the woman, without saying what was running in her head. There's an Animus here?

"Yes, I am Mara Dakota Henderson. They call me Dake. I've been sent here to give a hand."

She said no more words before she rose a little. Calm and no smile, but still welcoming. That was her way to be herself: quite surprising. She ended up looking around. "What a wonderful place. I wasn't expecting to find an Assassin guild in here. Are you the Master here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:50 pm

The woman shook her head. "Oh heavens no. I'm just an initiate. You're talking about Ava Doncaster. But she's out at the moment, so I've been asked to receive you. The young woman said leading her through the house. She finally approached a door, through which a couple muffled voiced could be heard. "And this... is Harmon Grennan

There sat a young man, Mara's age, hooked into an animus chair. He was still, aside from some light breathing, and the occasional twitch in the finger, or the less perceptible twitch in the toes. But what was really of note was what was shown on the screen. A man in silver and green assassins robes running across rooftops. The bottom corner further displayed the exact time and place of this.

Russian Wilderness 1960

Walter dashed through the snowy forest, on the trail of his next mission. 2 weeks prior, U-2 Pilot Francis Gary Powers had been shot down over the Soviet Union. Assassin intel had informed them that Powers had discovered something of importance to the Templars when he was shot down. So now Walter had managed to sneak over the Russian border to get him back.

Unfortunately, as Walter soon found out, Powers was being stored in a highly secure location, that even the Russian Assassins couldn't reach. So freeing Powers was totally out. But they did manage to uncover one crucial fact. The U-2 that had been shot down was currently being studied at a secret facility in Siberia. And somewhere in there, was something that the Templars wanted. He didn't know what, but as he stood atop a large tree, he began to plan his route inside

Last edited by Hotwire on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:50 am

Mara stood there a moment in complete silence, looking right to the young man in the Animus. It wasn’t the first time she was seeing one of those machines at work, or seen someone inside the universe provided by the Animus. But still, it was for her some sort of fascinating element. She had studied it, and was curious to try it out, but her mentor always forbidden her. Slowly, her eyes drove to the screen in which the Assassin was running. What is he looking for? she wanted to ask, but she never did. Her curiosity rarely took the best out of her.

“I knew there were functioning Animus’ outside of the US, but I am surprised to see that one of them is in Ireland” she said with no scorn or mockery in her voice. She actually just was saying out loud what she had been thinking. Her voice was soft and it wasn’t derogative about the situation. She turned to the woman and nodded.

“I will wait for him. Thank you for presenting him to me”

(I wish I could rp with you in Russia but I think I may leave this part to you and read it as I would do it for a good book!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Harmons eyelids would twitch a bit as the infamous eagle vision all assassins were known for flared to life on the screen. A number of figures with red auras were highlighted. But one showed up as a bright gold. He was the head guard for the upper level of the facility... and he had the key to get inside.

Jumping off, he held his arms out in a leap of faith, cleanly landing in a snowdrift. At this, a Russian soldier rounded the bend of one of the compounds buildings. He barely had time to register the green and silver robed man before a cold blade stuck itself in his throat. He didn't even have time to scream. Before his body even hit the ground, Walter was already taking a running start up the building the poor soldier had walked around.

He ran across the rooftop, jumping onto a power cable running between the two buildings. This next building had a guard tower on it, with a soldier standing atop it carrying a sniper rifle. Crouching down, Walter ducked between cover points until he came to the base of the tower. Then he slowly began climbing it, allowing his hands to traverse the little cracks and protruding metal parts. From there, he slowly began shimmying around it. The sentry was only looking outwards. He wouldn't expect an attack from behind. And just as had been expected... he fell.

From here, he had a very good plan. There were 4 more guards patrolling the grounds. One of them was the guard with the keys who was patrolling alongside another guard. The remaining two were huddled around a fire... fire... there was an idea. Before coming here, the Russian Brotherhood had given him one of their more... destructive tools. Just in case thing went really badly. Just a little something to bring a little heat to the cold Siberian winter. As he jumped off the tower, he landed cleanly on the third building, overlooking where the two guards were cozying by the fire. As he landed, Walter pulled out a glass bottle filled with a clear liquid. A petrol bomb. Or as it was more commonly referred to... a Molotov Cocktail.

With a flick of his wrist, the bottle went flying into the fire. It didn't even need him to light it. All of a sudden, a loud bang sounded out through the area as the two guards around the fire were thrown against the back wall, burnt to a crisp. Yelling filled the air as the other two guards ran around the corner. The lead guard began looking over the two. The other one just managed to look up in time to see Walter coming down on him. The last thing he would see as a hidden blade was driven into his head. The lead guard barely had time to turn around before he met the same fate. As life slowly ebbed away, he would feel a hand take the keys from his belt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:49 pm

(sorry yes you did answer, for some reason it didn't show up anywhere! Sorry if I offended you in any way)

Mara was sitting next to Harmon, her eyes stuck on the Animus screen. That was surprising. She didn't know that there was still some Assassins that did have an interesting bloodline. Her look shifted to her own veins. Maybe it would be interesting for her to know too. But then she turned back to the screen to look at the man running to get to his point. She frowned. He was surprisingly stealthy and cunning... apparently... her eyes widened a little. Was that a molotov cocktail?

In slight apparent surprise, she turned back to the man before she nodded and closed her eyes. So the Animus were that effective... Last time she had been in contact with one of the Animus machines, she was a little disappointed in its functions. Now, however, after a few years she hadn't seen any, she could experience the advancements in technology those devices were showing. A shiver ran through her spine. Her hands slowly touched. It was incredible to see. Then why was she nervous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:49 am

Walter calmly walked over to the big steel door to the facility, which swung open as soon as the key was inserted. He slowly made his way down a darkened corridor, where he found himself face to face with a door overlooking a large hangar. On the floor of the hangar, in pieces, was the U2 that had been shot down.

"Now according to my Intel, what I'm looking for should be..." He said glancing at a picture of the U2. Then back over the hangar. His vision shifted again into that of gray, with the civilian scientists on the floor showing up in a neutral grey. One of them walked out of a corridor to the right, his hands gloved, and coated in some kind of liquid. These scientists would probably flee if they saw him. But those two guards overseeing the scientists? They showed up in red. But that's not what he cared about. He cared about the shimmering gold in the overseer's office on the other side of the hangar. It wasn't real gold, but was just as valuable. The plane's central camera system.

And so he did, jumping off the railing and catching the edge of a large fluorescent lamp. Silently climbing atop it, he would jump from lamp to lamp, as he passed over the workers below. The U2 looked almost more impressive with it's high tech guts spilled out all over the hangar floor. But then he arrived at the other end of the Hangar, and he slid right into the office. It was totally dark, though that was no problem. He approached the system lying on a table in the back. But something was wrong. The rolls were missing.

"Ah of course. They must have brought them to be developed. I think I saw a darkroom on the lower level." He said, walking out again. He quickly maneuvered back onto the lights, only halfway through, he jumped over to metal support beam. As the guards moved around the floor, Walter found a moment where they were both facing away, and he hopped down to the floor, taking cover behind a bunch of crates. Crouching, he made his way to the door the scientist had come out of earlier. Those gloves were probably covered in the chemicals used in developing photos, meaning the darkroom would be that way.

And indeed, there was a door around a corner, in total darkness. Walking in, Walter saw a well equipped darkroom, bathed in the glow of red lights. There was a technician with his back to Walter. Big mistake. Once the technicians stabbed back lay on the floor, Walter began looking over the desk. There were a few unopened film canisters, which Walter quickly pocketed. There were also a number of developed photos pinned up. He gathered them as best he could, and slid them into a manila folder, which he slid into his jacket. There was no way of knowing what photo the Templars wanted so badly, so he'd just have to grab all of them.

He then began to make his way out. He quickly took his place behind the crates again, before the guards even noticed. He didn't know how he was going to get back up into the rafters, and honestly, he didn't even really have time to think about it. Because out of previously closed door in the back came a stiff, imposing figure. The overseer. He wore the traditional attire of Soviet Officers of the time. Drab Green, with shoulder flaps that showed off the gold stars indicative of his rank. Only the stars looked a little...

"Oh no..."

Those weren't stars. They were crosses.

Templars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)    

Back to top Go down

The Lone Wanderer (closed with Hotwire)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1