Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stone cold (closed with AvaAssassin)
Today at 3:27 pm by AvaAssassin

» A Light in the Darkness (CLOSED)
Today at 1:34 pm by Voidmon

» Luca Woliish
Today at 1:33 pm by Voidmon

» Admin Birthday
Yesterday at 4:57 pm by Hotwire

» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:53 pm by Hotwire

Share | 

Pope Sixtus IV - Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Cosimo sat against the dirtied wall of an alleyway, an old apple with a bite taken out of it in his hand. Adjacent to him, a mass of people lined the perpendicular street. A parade, for the new Pope who had been chosen; Pope Sixtus IV. For 6 miles, people were gathered to celebrate the coming of the Church nobleman, and Cosimo was one of them. But, being a child of his class(check the bio), there was no way he could stand with the rest of the people. Cosimo takes a bite, his ear carefully listening to the volume of the people closest to him. There. The volume intensifies. The Pope's Chariot was drawing closer. Cosimo stood up quickly, and popped the apple into his mouth to hold it. He quickly scrambles up the side of the building, and onto the roof of one of the lower level houses. Sure enough, the Pope's chariot drew right across his house, and Cosimo saw it all, his eyes wide. The Pope held an arrogant smile, and the sun of the midday summer help brilliantly against that stark white hat of his.

"Enjoying yourself?"

Cosimo whirls around, drawing a smoke grenade, his eyes full of fear, but puts it away, and smiles. "Flora! You scared the life out of me, you did!" Flora didn't smile back. And, her hood was on. She had business. "I have a job for you." She said, surveying the parade. "Follow me...to a place a little less...holy." Cosimo barely had time to hide his excitement before Flora scaled the wall directly behind her, Cosimo in close pursuit.

After a minute or two, they reached a rather tall building, the sounds of the parade a mere muffle. "The Church isn't happy with Sixtus," Flora said, pacing. Cosimo sat cross legged on the floor, eating his soft apple quietly. "He's a disgrace, really. If you think about it. The entire cardinal meet? Bribed. Not by Sixtus, not by the Templars. We aren't sure who yet. He vouched for slavery, for crying out loud. We don't need anymore dealings with Africa..." Cosimo cocked his head, but said nothing. What on Earth could the people of Africa do that we can't?  "But, we know that the Templars are already looking to replace him." Flora looks at Cosimo. "The hard way. So, I need you and another Assassin to monitor the Vatican for the next few days. The Creed hasn't granted me permission full intervention and protection of Sixtus, which is why I need you. This is purely temporary, but if need be, the Pope will need protection. You are not to discuss this with anyone else. Is that clear?"

Cosimo nodded quickly, and stood up as Flora stood at the edge of the building, holding a scroll in her hand. "This is for you. I will have an Assassin meet you outside the Vatican, and you will give him/her this. It explains everything I have just told you." Cosimo took the scroll, and didn't look at her. Flora saw this, and pulled him in for a hug. "I know this meeting was brief, but you must understand my time is short. Behave, Cosimo. " She whispered in his ear, and jumped off the building.

(OOC) Hey everyone. Pope Sixtus IV is the only historically accurate thing in this. I tried to make it so that we can have a few people join. First post in this Era, if you were wondering. Cosimo may be a little tricky to understand if you don't read the bio, so I encourage you do. Thanks again.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Vulcano gave one last hit on the red glowing piece of metal before he ran his hand on his sweaty and dirty face. This sword was meant to be sent right to Firenze. He took a look, nodded and before he could do anything else, the agitation outside totally devolved. He moaned in despair and finally took off his gloves and turned to the windows. People passed by when he opened the door of this workshop, eyebrows rose in surprise.

"What's going on?"
he asked, surprised, to someone that was going by.

"The new pope has been chosen!" someone answered him as he quickly rose. Oh! He had forgotten! How could he? It had been a moment now that the Creed had been talking about it! He shook his head and took off this apron to put on a regular linen shirt, quickly walking outside.

The difference in temperature stroke him in surprise. The air, cold and free, ran through his hair as he went on walking. It was quite of a bad idea to stay in his workshop for too long. But still, he did, in order to get his commissions nice and ready.

He got to the agglomeration of people after a moment and, even if he was quite far, saw the chariot of the new pope advance. It was still quite far. He kept silent, simply looking at the scenery before he looked around to find any Assassins or someone he knew. He scratched the back of his head after a moment. His minnow look flew over the crowd after a moment. He had missed the whole ceremony because he was working on his swords... His look went up to the surrounding buildings. Maybe with any chance, he was going to be able to see some Assassins... the sun in his blue eye made him back up a little, as he was sure that he had seen someone on top of a quite far building. Still a little unsure on if it was an hallucination or an actual person, he started walking away from the crowd and after a few minutes, looked at the building in surprise. His hands each side of his mouth, he was about to yell to ask who was there, but he stopped and blushed. This would have been quite a stupid move, even from him own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 pm

As Flora jumped off the edge, Cosimo ran and peered over, as he always did, but she was already gone. Cosimo stood there for a moment, clutching the instructional scroll in his hand, before noticing a large figure looking up at him from across the street. Cosimo was about to flee, but realized he knew who it was. Vulcano, the infamous giant blacksmith of the Creed. Cosimo often spent his days watching the big blacksmith hammer away at metal, fascinated every time. He wasn't supposed to tell anyone about the Pope, his mission, and the scroll, but he had no idea how to get to the Vatican.

"Vulcano! Come on up here! "
Cosimo yelled, not very discreetly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 pm

"Oh!"

Vulcano smiled and looked up, recognizing the voice. He waved at him.

"Hey, young one!"

At least, it was someone he knew! He looked around and climbed. It took him a little time to go at Cosimo, and when he managed to do so, he smiled at the boy and violently hugged him, taking him off the ground for a moment.

"Hello young man! What are you doing here? You're quite far from the parade!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Cosimo smiled as he watched Vulcano climb, and was ready for the crushing bear hug.

"Business! From Flora!" Cosimo added between breaths. He tapped he blacksmith on the head with the scroll.
"Take a look. Flora wants us to keep an eye on the Pope, both during the parade and at the Vatican. But you can't tell anyone." Cosimo holds out the scroll for Vulcano to take, looking over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 pm

(omg I'm sorry I have to say it but Cosimo is so adorable it makes me laugh!! I love him!)

Vulcano smiled at him in surprise. "Well then!! Some new business! Let's see what we've got here!"

Vulcano sat on the edge of the building after a moment so the boy could look over his shoulder and started reading, in surprise.

"Well then! The Templars got some ideas! That's actually quite intense... let's keep this a secret! I promise, I won't tell anyone!"

And then, turning to the boy to smile:

"How can I help you? I'm quite sure you could use the help of the strongest Assassin in Italy! Which is, me!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:31 pm

Cosimo laughed. He knew first hand just how strong Vulcano was, watching him in the forges. His combat ability made Cosimo feel safer.

"Well, I suppose we follow the Pope to his home in the Vatican, and then keep an eye on him 'til Flora or some other big shot gives us further instructions."

Cosimo puts his second-hand leather hood on. "But first, I have grab some belongings for the road. Be right back." He quickly scurries down the side of the building, and sprints to the alleyway. He locates his home, the underside of a broken carriage, and picks out his make-shift hidden blades, his gadget belt, and all of his food, which amounts to two pieces of salvaged bread and half a dozen apples. He secures them in a neat sack, and slings it over his back, and turns to head back to where he was talking to Vulcano.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:05 am

Vulcano had watched him run away and smiled, hands behind his head as he laid on his back, facing the sky. He was glad at least one person fancied him. It was really difficult for him to make any sort of friend. Maybe was it because of his mass, or something else. He surely wasn't such of a strategist like the Creed always needed, and he loved to talk more than any Assassin he knew. He was heavy and naïve. That's what he had been told most of the time. But at least, he wasn't that clumsy. He was actually kind of an agile Assassin. Then why...

After a moment, he sat back up as he saw Cosimo come back. He stayed quiet for a moment before he hit his palm on his own forehead.

"Damn me! We are in to protect the pope and I left all my weapons back to my workshop!"

And then, raising up, he nodded at the boy.

"Follow me! I most likely have a rapier or whatever you fancy back there! It only will take a few seconds! My workshop is down there"

He pointed a few streets down and quickly jumped on a roof, then another. He was noisy, but he was doing his best. After a moment, he dropped to the street and waited for the boy to follow him, waving at him to hurry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 am

Casimo surpressed a giggle at first, but his eyes went wide as he stood in shock. His own weapon? A rapier? What the hell is a rapier? Cosimo practically swan-dived off the roof in a hurry, quickly landing next to Vulcano.

"M-My own weapon?....Flora never let me have anything other than what I made..."
He gestures to his belt of explosives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 am

Vulcano turned to the young man in surprise, looking right at him, because he laughed, softened by the boy's reaction.

"My young friend!" he said in between two laughs. "A belt full of whatever, may it be poison, of explosives, or knives, will never be as scary as a good old sword! Here, let me show you!"

Vulcano smiled and walked to his workshop. He opened the door with a key he had taken out of the collar of his shirt and pushed the door. Inside, his famous working place. The heat was surprisingly heavy. Literally heavy. It was like if it was stuck to the floor. Vulcano took a belt garnished with a scabbard and slid a heavy sword inside of it. Then he turned away and went looking in his things before he smiled and turned back to Cosimo. "Here! Try this!" he said while handing him a fine and quite elegant sort of sword the boy rarely saw. It was, most of the time, held by noblemen, sometimes Assassins too. "Do you like it?"

"See, my friend, to protect, looks are important! It is easy to scare someone out of a fight! And if looks aren't enough, then that's where you can use your belt!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Cosimo stood wide eyed, and slowly took the sword. Though in comparison to most swords it seemed a little lighter, Cosimo's arm dropped as the weight of the sword was taken on by him. He lifted it up, slowly.

"Gee, Vulcano, thanks, but I think swords are a little...big for me..." He said with a sad laugh, holding the sword out for Vulcano to take. He was right, after all. Intimidation was a key factor. But with his age, poverty-stricken clothes, and make-shift gadgets, a sword he could barely swing wouldn't make a difference. Since he could remember, Cosimo wanted to wield a sword, and the sudden realization that he couldn't, at least not effectively, was saddening to him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:04 am

Vulcano raised his eyebrows under his messy hair, looking at his friend before he gave him an understanding smile, nodding and taking back the sword.
"Then I'll scare them as if I were two men! Let's go, now, let's not loose any more time!"

Vulcano ran out his workshop and opened the door for Cosimo to follow him, waiting before locking the door. "You know" he ended up adding, "I could train you! Actually, I would be really happy to do so! I don't know much about alchemy, but I could show you how to fight with a sword... so next time we have to protect a new Pope, we both will be able to dance with steel! What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:46 am

Cosimo quickly shuffled out of the workshop, trying to smile at Vulcano. When he mentioned training him, his eyes lit up, and struggled to contain his excitement. Vulcano training him? Could it be such an offer?

"Yes!" Cosimo said, a little too quickly. "I mean, if that's ok with you, of course. But I doubt Flora would let it happen...yes, secretly..." Cosimo added, then looked down the street. "The Pope will be arriving at the Vatican soon, however...maybe after this?" Cosimo tried. From what he had seen most men do, he extended his hand for a handshake, as if they were equals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 am

"Then I will be your training partner!"

Vulcano gave him a great smile and then took his hand with his gigantic and strong grip, and shook his hand before he walked back a little. He couldn't really say how happy he was. Most of the time, he was alone in his workshop. Most Assassins had other things to do when they had any free time. However, now, he wouldn't be all alone, at least for a moment. He finally turned around. "Let's go, now!" and he waved at him for Cosimo to follow him to the parade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Cosimo trotted happily behind Vulcano. He could see how happy his decision made the blacksmith, and that made it all the better. But now, it was time to focus. The Pope would just be arriving at the Vatican, and the pair had to get to the palace before the Pope to give it an inspection.
"The Pope will go straight to the Cappella Sistina. We could either cut through the crowds on foot, or take to the rooftops." Cosimo scratched his head. "Going through the crowds will give us a better eye on the Pope, but the rooftops will be much faster. Thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Vulcano nodded a little then turned to the boy. "Rooftops! If I go through the crowd, people will spot me easily, and I'd rather stay by your side if something happens to us two..."

He turned to see where to, before he pointed a nearby building. "Over there! We'll be able to catch up the delay we just had!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Cosimo spun around to see where he pointed to, and then grinned. "That'll do just fine." He pulled his hood up over his head, and began sprinting towards it. He jumps and places a foot on the wall, then kicks off and grabs the ledge over his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:23 am

(Sorry for the late reply! I have no excuse but the fact I got super lazy!)

He heard Vulcano follow him quite closely. He wasn't doing as much sound as Cosimo knew he could do, probably because he was doing his best. However, he still made much more sound than the boy and he excused himself with a little guilty grin. He finally rose up as he got to the roof and stood up to look around. The Pope was indeed heading to the Cappella. He nodded and started running, jumping on a roof, then another, before turning to the boy to see if he was still following him. He smiled a little. Cosimo was way smaller than him. He could catch up easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope Sixtus IV - Open   

Back to top Go down

Pope Sixtus IV - Open
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1