Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stone cold (closed)
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 pm by Voidmon

» The Vampire's Rise
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 am by DarkAssassin

» A Light in the Darkness (Closed with AvaAssassin)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:40 pm by Voidmon

» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:11 am by Hotwire

» Rise of the Shark((Void)
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm by Voidmon

Share | 

End of the Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Sat May 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Walter didn't say anything as he reached for the tape. Or maybe Harmon did. Boy this animus thing was confusing sometimes. Anyways, Walter slipped the disk into his silver assassins robes, before turning away and breaking out in a sprint, doing his best to avoid the 24 hour guard placed on the tomb. He began to speak, giving the first insight into the story these memories were to tell.

"The grasshopper. Not at all like what I expected. But whatever is on this reel is sure to be important." He said hopping over the fence separating the Arlington National Cemetery from the rest of Washington DC. As Walter ran down a couple streets, finally freed by the arrival of night, a little popup appeared on the Animus Screen. "Facial Recognition Complete."

Apparently the animus had deduced the identity of this... Grasshopper. If Calum pulled it up, it would show a picture of an young woman in naval uniform. By the looks of things, she was a lieutenant.

Grace Hopper: If you're anyone who's anyone in computers, you know who this lady is. Heck, she's often referred to as the Grandmother of Computers. I guess she also worked double time for the assassins. After serving in World War II, Grace Hopper worked towards creating the first computers. She is largely credited with developing the first programming language "COBOL" in 1959. She is also credited with fixing the first "bug", which was literally a bug that had gotten into the system and short circuited it. Maybe that's why she choose grasshopper for her code-name among the assassins. It was a bug that sounded a lot like her name. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Sun May 15, 2016 1:50 am

Looking at the picture and the description, Calum merely chuckled a bit, and said, "Ah, damn... that's a play on words in multiple ways. Amazing. Now, just to see what is on this reel after he gets where he's supposed to be going...". He then sat back, stretching a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Sun May 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Harmon felt himself move in sync with Walter as they ran across the rooftops. They barely missed a nightguard on one of the building's roofs, but that was the closes they came to actually encountering interference. Eventually he found his destination. A small stone slab inlaid against the side of a river wall. The only thing on this slab was a small symbol. A familiar one. The Assassins Crest. He had gotten to one of the quick access tunnels. When the assassins built their base underneath Washington DC during it's construction in the 1790's, they were smart to include a number of quick access tunnels branching out all over the city, and even beyond to accommodate for eventual expansion of the city.

Soon he came to the place. A small cavern dug out by the assassins 2 centuries before. Still functional to this day. Of course, the place had undergone renovations, but they still had a little museum dedicated to their past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Wed May 18, 2016 3:42 am

Watching the footage for a bit, Calum finally remembered what he was supposed to be doing in the first place. He found a pair of sanitary gloves, and put them on. He quickly also grabbed a few alcoholic wipes, some cotton swabs, blood collection tubes, and bandages. He dabbed the area he was to penetrate with the alcoholic wipe he had in his hand, and waited for half a minute. After half a minute, he slowly began drawing the blood required. He repeated the process twice. Once done, he had three vials of blood - enough to splatter the bag with. He then stored them carefully away, and sat back down in the chair, watching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Wed May 18, 2016 10:37 am

By the time he had returned, Walter had already hooked the tape into a player, with the help of some assassins in lab coats. With a flick of a switch, the tape began to play. The voice on it was distorted, though if Walter had to hazard a guess, it was probably Grasshoppers. It wouldn't do to have the tape fall into the wrong hands and have their contacts identity blown purely by her voice.

"The Templars are here. I don't have much time to explain, but I will attempt to do so. There is currently a project dedicated to the construction of the first programming compiler. COBOL What this allows us to do is make a machine capable of long, complicated mathematical algorithms without human involvement. But we fear the Templars are attempting to steal the system's main processor, which stores the current code prototype. I have learned the identityof one of the templar agents. His name is Hugh Maxom. Find out what he knows, and project COBOL might be saved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Fri May 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Calum thought. "Hm.. By the way this seems to be going, Harmon's grandfather must've prevented templars from stealing COBOL... Odd.".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Fri May 20, 2016 6:51 pm

Walter turned around and spoke to some of the assassins in lab coats.

"What do you guys think?"

"Well the templars were behind the construction of UNIVAC a few years back. If this "COBOL" programming language is something they didn't come up with, it makes sense they would want it. Badly."

"I'd check with the recordkeepers to dig up some more on this Maxom guy." Another one said. With a nod, Walter left the room, eventually coming to a covered wall to wall in shelves of books, and rotating file cabinets. There stood a man in similar robes as Walter, only they looked older. As recordkeepers didn't spend as much time in the field, they had the benefit of being able to wear some of the older, more stand out assassin robes. It was almost a badge of honor.

"Hugh Maxom. He's a templar apparently working on some sort of important computer project. They aim to steal the project, likely within the day. I need to find Maxom, and see what he knows."

The recordkeeper nodded and perused some books. "Ah yes. Let's see. MIT graduate and... oh dear. Abstergo representative. It looks like your information is certainly accurate. We weren't sure of his affiliation until now. But fortunately, this means we've had time to already collect information on him in advance. He would appear to make all his bank deposits to the same branch, on the same day of the week, at the same time. Fortunately for you, he should make the deposit some time tomorrow afternoon."

"Let's hope the COBOL isn't stolen by then." Walter said.

"Indeed. But this will be your best opportunity to shadow him and get him alone." The recordkeeper said.

"Very well. Tommorow afternoon it is then."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:55 am

Deciding that it would be best not to keep Haemon in the Animus for so long, Calum adjusted the memory - pushing it forward to an hour before his grandfather began to tail his target. After this, he got up and and briskly walked out of the room to find his friend Mitch. "Look,", he said, "I need you to make it seem you killed Haemon. I already drew blood, and we just need to add some over the bag, make it seem natural, so they think you stole the bag from him. The piece will be in the bag, but I wish you to analyze it first. Try to find out what it does to the Animus - I have honestly no clue at all.". Mitch nodded, and said,"'ight... Gonna take a bit. I'll check out what the Animus piece does in a while, don't wanna accidentally activate it if it's wireless whilst the kid's in it. God knows what could happen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:38 am

The world around Harmon broke down around him, and he found himself running forward through the animus, towards a later memory. But something kept glinting out of the corner of his eye. Each time he turned his head to face it, it dissipated. Just what on earth was that? 

Before he could process it any further, he had arrived. The sun was starting to lower in the sky as Walter stood atop the flagpole outside the branch of the bank. Soon he saw Maxom, leaving the bank, and walking in the opposite direction. With a slight nod, Walter jumped to the roof of the bank and ran across before jumping across to the fire escape of the adjacent apartment complex. Then he saw something that would be rather limiting. The guy got in his car.

"Now where are you going?" He asked as Maxom drove towards the exit to the parking lot. While he did this, Walter made for the roof of the apartment building. Just as he reached the top, Maxom turned out. At that moment, Walter burst into a sprint, running parallel to Maxom's car. He got to the edge and jumped down, catching a clothesline. He slid down and into the window of the next building. Quick as a flash, he dove over the table and rushed out through the opposite window, leaving a screaming woman in his wake.

As he jumped to the next building, he saw his targets car pulled up at a stoplight, with his turn signal on to head in the opposite direction of Walter. As Maxom waited at the light, Walter began climbing up the building he was on. As soon as the light went green and Maxom made his turn, Walter jumped back off the building and flipped in the air before landing perfectly on the crossing light. With a flourish, he began dashing off across the traffic light pole, and onto the next building, chasing after the car again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:13 pm

(Bump?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:01 am

(So sorry, got caught up wit heverything else in life)

Calum merely continued to observe the memories Harmon was living right now. He himself had not checked to see what was going to happen yet - doing so may or may not cause a bit of a problem in the animus anyway. Viewing multiple memories at once did seem to make somewhat of a 'memory overlay', where in the two memories would seemingly merge - smoothly or not. He looked away from the screens briefly to see how Harmon's own body was doing - perfectly still, no twitching at all. Looking back at the screen, he took a sigh of relief - though he felt his body wouldn't sta y stationary for long, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:36 pm

The combined consciousness of Walter and Harmon continued to run across the rooftops of buildings, before realizing that the car was slowing down. Indeed, it had pulled off into a parking lot of an apartment complex. across the street. That must have been where he lived. Being a templar, they probably hid his true place of dwelling well. According to the records, all other addresses had been dead ends.

Unfortunately, this appeared to be some sort of gated community, with guards stationed around. In order to get to the building itself, he'd have to get over that 10 foot wall, and up to the building to find Maxom's apartment. Then he'd have to get up there. If he was spotted, it would probably raise an alarm, and his one chance would be gone.

He quickly figured the best route lay at the edge of the building. A few pigeons flew away as Walter looked over it. While this was quite risky, Harmon felt in him that there was something right about it. Like this was something he should be doing.

And then, with arms raised, they jumped.

It was freeing. Not like falling off the monkey bars in grade school, or tripping up the stairs. It felt almost like flying. Almost. Not that Harmon would know what that felt like. But it all came to an end as they impacted the soft garbage in the dumpster below. Not wasting a second, Walter vaulted out and made a dash across the street. He began climbing the thick ivy that had begun to grow over the wall, before flinging himself out to a loose stone, and over the wall. All before the guard at the front gate turned and scratched his head. He though he had seen something... nah that street was empty.

Ducking between cars, Walter made his way to the front door. Unfortunately, a guard was right there. No way of getting past him without a fair fight... or maybe an unfair one. 

One of the car doors was unlocked, allowing Walter to slip in and roll down the window. He hit the horn a couple times before ducking down out of sight. The guard scratched his head and walked over.

"What was that all abou-" He didn't finish as the blurred form of Walter shot out of the window and smashed his head against the door of the car, knocking him out cold. Quickly, he opened the door and slipped the guard inside. Hopefully Walter would be long gone before anybody found him.

Stealthily snooping over to the mail boxes. None of them said Hugh Maxom. But one of them did say Max Hughes. Not that clever. Appartment 85B. Top floor. Great. At least that apartment appeared to be on the side of the building Walter was on, and they had windows. 

Getting to the roof was a simple matter of waltzing around the side of the building and vaulting up the fire escape. Then, he positioned himself over the terrace for that apartment. He was going to drop down when...

*thwack*

A crowbar connected with his head. As Walter went reeling, he noticed the figure of Hugh Maxom.

"So you thought you'd get the drop on me eh?" He said in a thick Brooklyn accent. "Well I saw you hopping across the parking lot, and I didn't fancy waiting to get killed in my own apartment, so I figured I'd take matters into my own hands, see." He said winding up for another strike. "Been a while since I got to take out one of you Assassin bastards"

He brought the crowbar down, only for a blade to pierce his arm. Walter had grabbed it and shot his hidden blade up. As Maxom dropped the bar to the ground, Walter rushed forward, and with one fluid motion, shoved other blade into Maxom's throat, and straddled him to the ground.

The world began to disappear around them. Soon they were left with nothing but the void of the animus.

"When are the Templar's going to steal COBOL?"

"Haha. COBOL? You're a bit late for that. My associates should be making their way to the docks right now to swipe it right from under the Assassins noses."

"A traitor to your countrymen, and now with this information, a traitor to your own kind."

"Traitor? No. Because I have no qualms with selling them out. I know nothing waits for me on the other side. The Templar's have brought me understanding. And with COBOL in our hands, soon you Assassins will as well."

"Why? Why do you want it?"

"The program has the ability to tear away the mask that has shrouded a great mystery. But behind one mask... one may find yet another."

And with that, the last of life's spark left Hugh Maxom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Bump?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:10 am

(OOC: Ok, so I decided that I'd continue, since it shouldn't detract from the overall story.)

Walter looked down at the body on the roof before him. The Templars would use their influence to cover up this death somehow. They always did. As Walter turned around from the body of his victim, his head still slightly rung. No matter how tough you are, a crowbar to the head is gonna do some damage. No time for getting patched up. If he was going to have any hope of stopping this thing, he had to get to the docks.

Bouncing down off the balconies like some kind of pinball. Soon he was at the level of the back wall. Ejecting off, he landed perfectly, just in time to jump onto the back of a passing truck. It appeared to be going in the right direction, but that only lasted a minute or two until it came to a red light. He quickly flung himself onto the stoplight, before pulling himself up, and jumping onto a rooftop. Things seemed to become a bit easier, as Walter spotted a cargo train approaching some tracks a few blocks away. Those trains usually either stopped at the docks, or at least passed through. With a few more rooftop dashes, he found himself at the edge of the train yard.

The climb over the fence was childsplay, as was the climb up one of the signal lights overlooking the train. Now he simply had to wait for a cart carrying something like... Sawdust... that would do it! Now, it had a big mesh net over it, meaning he couldn't hide in it... but it was the cushion that mattered. With a back turn, Walter fell back onto it. With every one of these leaps, Harmon was feeling more and more accustomed to it all.

10 minutes later, the train passed through the edge of the waterfront. So it wasn't going to the docks themselves. That was OK. It was close enough. He approached a water tower and climbed the ladder to the top. From there, he could see it all. The whole of the water front. As he stood at the edge, Harmon felt a sensation totally new to him, but one all too familiar to Walter. A small golden shimmer appeared in the corner of his eyes, and in the visualization Harmon could see of the docks, a group of cargo containers.

But more importantly, the four semi-trucks Parked outside. A driver of one got out and approached the security gate. Instead of pulling out a pass, the driver pulled out a gun, despite not hearing the shot, the muzzle flash made the outcome pretty clear. There was no time to lose. Walter had to jump into action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hotwire
Regular
Regular

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:43 am

(OOC: So... here comes another post. continue with this train of thought.)

And jumping into action is exactly what Walter did. Throwing himself off in a Leap of Faith, Walter landed smoothly in a pile of leaves that had been raked up. They'd probably fallen off the slightly wooded area off to his right. It was the last throes of Autumn before Winter hit full swing.

'No time to enjoy the fall air...' Walter noted before making a dash  away from the water tower. From there, he made his way across the docks. As he approached the building near the shipping containers, he heard the trucks pull up.

"Huh? Who are- a voice asked before a number of gunshots rang out, silencing it.

"Load 'Em. We need to move these things to the freezer."

By this point, Walter had scaled the building and ran across it, to see the 8 Templar thugs opening their semi trucks to reveal loading equipment. That must be how they were planning on loading all that into the trucks. Although, as soon as Walter brought down his dual blades, it became "6 Templar thugs." A quickly placed throwing blade brought the number down to 5. Number 4 tried to charge Walter with a switchblade of his own before being blocked and stabbed in the chest with Walter's blade.

Numbers 3 and 2 pulled pistols and began firing. Both bullets missed their target as Walter charged at them, forcing them both to the ground, running his blades into them. He quickly grabbed number 2's gun and used it to quickly fire on 1 at point blank. In a solid 10 seconds... Walter had taken down 8 enforcers. He looked over the now secured cargo. The rest of the assassins would surely show up soon to secure the area. Looks like it was crisis averted.

The whole experience sent a surge through Harmon's system. The mission completed, he felt the synchronization with the memory completing. He slowly let himself return to consciousness. "Whoa... did... did I do that?" He asked looking down at his hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Line   

Back to top Go down

End of the Line
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3