Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» My character for ac1
Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm by Voidmon

» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am by Hotwire

» Greetings, all
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm by blueblade95

» Stone cold (closed)
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 pm by Voidmon

» A Light in the Darkness (Closed with AvaAssassin)
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:44 am by Voidmon

Share | 

Freedom [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 pm

((Ah, no problem. Today's probably gonna be one of the only times I'll be posting at a time that isn't Late at night or midnight.))

Timothy merely said in response, "Oh, just picking up the necessities. Candles, firewood, food, the sort. Reason why we head there - well, it is an alright bit closer than other cities for us, and at others we don't really like the atmosphere of, you know? Always feel as if we'll be robbed or assaulted at any given moment. Boston - Boston's alright. Been there a good bit, and we know our way around. We are kind of in the midway point between both Boston and New York - path is just easier to Boston, less rough, less forested."

Timothy still walked casually - that was, until he met his Grandfathers gaze in his direction. It was a looked he gave before - one that merely said 'Really?', and, when he quickly glanced down at his grandson's wrist, did Timothy understand. Timothy took a second, then sighed slightly. 'God, if he saw it,' thought Timothy, 'then what about Cornellia?'.

They kept walking for a few more minutes, leading Cornellia through. Now, though, there was less trees - an obvious man-made clearing. Pointing forward a bit, Damian said, "We live jus' up there. We're just gonna have tah get some money inside and then we'll be off - it'll just take a couple o' minutes.". He continued walking for a bit longer when the house was seen - A simple two story home, looking like it was made for very few people. There was a lightly visible path leading to the back which held the stables, and another going down a twisted path, out of sight. There was nothing much on the exterior of the house but a window or two - the majority being on the first floor, but only two upstairs - in honesty, it looked extremely bland. Damian walked forward, unlocked the front door, and walked inside. Timothy followed, leaving the door open behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodice

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Supplies again, just like Ayashe. If they belong to the same order, might it be a coded way of determining association?

Such sets of phrase and counter-phrase had been common in her day, but she had no idea of whether the practice had continued, let alone the correct response. It would hardly be prudent to slip more general Assassin phrases into conversation. That is, even if "Nothing is true" lent itself to normal speech, which it did not. Giving the speculation up as useless, she walked quietly until the pair's house came into view.

It was unremarkable to an extent that bordered on deliberate -- faded wood, few windows, and a stable would all fade quickly from memory -- but Cornelia stiffened with unease regardless. Given a choice, she would always prefer confrontations outdoors. There were simply too many places to hide within a room. A memento from being stabbed from under a bed twinged underneath her boot as she followed the two men inside.

Nothing to be done. I shall simply have to take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:46 am

The inside was quite a simple house. The entire front bit was dedicated to just a couch and some chairs near one of the largest first floor windows, with a fireplace in the far corner. There was a hallway winding out of sight to the close left, and stairs leading upwards a good ten feet from the door. Timothy quickly walked up the steps, and presumably to the left. Damian, however, remained down stairs, waiting.

He paused a bit, then said, "What brings you tah Boston, anyway? Same as us, or is it a bit personal?".

Upon closer inspection, Damian had a bit of a lined face. His physique in general showed the he was once a strong man, limited by his old age. Though he did have a aged appearance, there was still a lively personality of him. He constantly had somewhat of a small smile on his face, and he couldn't help but fiddle every now and then with the cane he held with him. His hair was short, and a dark gray, and his face showed obvious laugh lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodice

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 am

((nb:I have no idea how eagle vision works, but it seemed really useful in the games))
The inside was just as carefully unremarkable as the outside. The few chairs were of the kind that provided no cover, and the stairs were hidden from view of the door. As Timothy disappeared from view, Cornelia discretely changed to Eagle vision. It was harder to make the switch without complete darkness, but scrubbing her hand over closed eyes would have to do. Opening her eyes confirmed what her unaugmented vision had noted: the gold of cover was entirely absent. Damien's question caught her by surprise, and she turned back to face him.

Blue.

The elderly man glowed the clear blue of an ally in her vision. Not the duller blue of a civilian, nor the uneasy mixture of red and blue she would have expected for someone who's alignment was in question. Whatever her opinion of the Brotherhood, the vision had yet to fail her. And it said this man was friendly, no an ally. She could trust him, then, with the particulars of her errand.

"The occupation will make things difficult for the people of the city -- medicine and the like will go to the soldiers first and the people second, if at all." Cornelia gestured demonstratively to her pack. "I'm only one woman, but I intend to do what I can."

Ayashe will have followed, I'm sure.

Whatever the Assassin had said, Cornelia still felt responsible. If the pair were also of the same order, she would have a chance at finding out where she had gone. "And an ... acquaintance of mine is in Boston. Did a Native woman by chance pass by here?," she continued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:09 pm

Damian nodded a bit in understanding when she mentioned getting medical supplies for soldiers and people - when she mentioned a Native woman, however, he said, "No, none at all, I'm afraid... though the river we met on did seem to have some fishing traps set up on it. Don't know if they were Native or not, but that's all I have to offer to help you.".

Seconds after he finished his sentence, Timothy walked back downstairs, carrying a decent-sized pouch. "Got it,", he merely said. Damian nodded, but, after thinking for a moment, he paused and said, "Well, I just realized somethin' - it's pretty late, so ah dunno 'bout any stands bein' open by the time we get there. We got ah spare bedroom on the second floor, immediately to the right, if yah wanna stay there. If yeh wanna go yer own seperate way, I understand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodice

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Once again, the situation seemed to have resolved itself into a choice between two unattractive options. Should she refuse the offer, as both her lingering wariness and conscience urged, it would be a clear signal that she was not the simple traveler she posed as. What elder, after all, would pick the cold outdoors over an indoor bed?

If she accepted, silencing her body's cumulative complaints of the decidedly eventful day, she would be sleeping unguarded in strange company. Although her Vision had relieved much of her worry about the pair -- they certainly weren't Templar -- staying would still be unwise.

She watched Timothy heft the pack with enviable ease, and the decision was made. She was still strong, but medicine was regularly back-breaking work with the necessity to carry -- or restrain -- men half her age. If there were a way to have these men to join her, she would have the help to run a proper clinic. But how to persuade them, especially since she would be asking them to stay in an occupied city? The only road open to her was one she was reluctant to take; not only was it deception, but she would be pretending at what she had abandoned for good cause.

The people of Boston are more important than my preferences. I'll do it.

Adrenaline prickling down her spine, Cornelia turned to face the two men -- no, the two Assassins. Then she raised her arm and rugged the sleeve down. The distinctive gauntlet was clearly visible.

"Am I correct in assuming we belong to the same Brotherhood? I cannot accomplish much alone, and there is very much to be done. Therefore I ask in fellowship that you help my efforts in Boston, once you arrive there."

With that, she bobbed her head in thanks and strode back out through the open door. Boston waited.

((wildenomad's going to open a new thread once we all get to Boston. Ayashe and Cornelia are both there now (with necessary traveling timeskip). if you get your guys to decide to go there, I think that's probably good enough to start the new thread (and the plot!)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildenomad

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:59 pm

[Or we can do it on Skype. Let me know promptly.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://wildenomad.tumblr.com/
TheGuillotine
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:18 pm

((Oh, that would be quite good. Computer's being terrible atm, so I guess I'll go with the flow of the plot, and I don't reckon my PC can handle it. Just update me through Private Messages, I guess? Also, my guys will go to Boston.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nodice

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:28 pm

((If it comes down to it, I would prefer to keep it on the forums. Skype is dodgy on mobile, and doesn't have html.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildenomad

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm

[Then forum it is! It'll be named Freedom II. That good? ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://wildenomad.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom [Open]   

Back to top Go down

Freedom [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top