Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Stone cold (closed)
Today at 2:26 am by Voidmon

» A Light in the Darkness (Closed with AvaAssassin)
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm by Voidmon

» The Vampire's Rise
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:29 pm by Voidmon

» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:11 am by Hotwire

» Rise of the Shark((Void)
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm by Voidmon

Share | 

Japan Time Era

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfstorm75

PostSubject: Japan Time Era   Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm back, and I recently thought of some ideas for an era for rping, Either the Sengoku/Warring states era or the Meiji Restoration.

The Sengoku era was a period of constant conflict, social, and political unrest. It started with the Onin war and as the era went on many of the local lords known as Daimyos started becoming more independent and fighting each other to claim power. The era ended with the actions of three men, Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu. Nobunaga started the chain of events that lead to the unification of Japan, Hideyoshi finally unified Japan, and Ieyasu established the last Shogunate of Japan.

The Meiji restoration was the era that saw the end of the shogunate and the restoration of power to the japanese emperor, it also saw the power of the samurai being dismantled. The period saw the opening up of Japan to the rest of the world and the rapid industrialization of Japan.

My idea would be only one of these ending up a time era, Sengoku would be more japanese centric whereas the Meiji restoration could be more open to foreign characters. Also I'm fully aware Sengoku could turn into the assassin's being ninja, still would be cool. Another noteworthy thing is there technically was a game set in the Sengoku era, but it was a weird card game rpg for mobile devices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aselia

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Mon May 01, 2017 8:46 pm

I second this idea, both time periods sound intriguing as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvaAssassin
Master Assasin
Master Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Mon May 01, 2017 9:46 pm

I would love both time periods. Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Mon May 29, 2017 7:58 pm

A little late, but sounds like a great idea.

I personally think the Meiji Era would be better, as the preservation of samurai code is often challenged, which may or may not have similarities to the questionable rules of the Creed. Plus, industrialization was a theme, so the ever-prevalent battle of swords vs guns would be a fun obstacle for writers.

Yes, the Assassins have a lot of comparisons to the Ninja, but Ninja were less mindful of political power, and were mainly hired mercenaries. For me, if this was to incorporate the Ninja, they would be like a rogue division of Assassins who deviated from the code too much, and were exiled--Something along the lines of that.

^ My opinion, all in all, a great idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Tue May 30, 2017 12:19 am

I love the idea! But let's understand that the Hashashins were closer to what Ninjas are. Assassins aren't first lead to political power, and the shogunate system proves that Samuraïs were! The main plot of the Assassin's Creed franchise is that Assassins aren't driven by political notions more than ethical and 'rightful' mindsets!

I understand what you are saying here, Chaos_Permitted, don't worry! But if we take a look back to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (yes I know, nostalgia!), Assassins were closer of being mercenaries than Samuraïs! I understand that the Samuraï's code was close to the Assassin's Creed, but moraly and politically, I think Assassins were closer to Ninjas!

I love this topic, I'm sorry! I've been into Japanese history lately!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chaos_Permitted
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 pm

You know what? You are completely right. Totally disregarded/forgot that the Hashashins were the model for the assassins. Makes sense that they identify with ninjas.

Japanese history is pretty freaking cool. As a once resident, I personally love the culture as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostFaceKiller
Personal Pal!
Personal Pal!

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 am

The Hashashins were actually quite something! It is difficult to say which group had more honor!

However it totally made sense to associate them with Samuraïs too, but I personally think ninjas would suit them better regarding the few things I know about them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan Time Era   

Back to top Go down

Japan Time Era
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1