Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
April 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Familiar Places (open to assassins)
Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 pm by Hotwire

» Stone cold (closed with AvaAssassin)
Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:24 pm by AvaAssassin

» Obi Yakuba
Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 pm by Voidmon

» Legacy of a Ninja(closed)
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:50 pm by AvaAssassin

» Battle of Bunker Hill
Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:13 pm by jacobpolley13

Share | 

A Haunting Bishop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Torack

PostSubject: A Haunting Bishop   Fri May 22, 2015 10:02 pm

Karim strode into the compound, his blue robes flowing behind him as he headed towards the library to meet with Al Mualim. The sun had just begun to set, and around him, the assassin's were about handling their businesses; some training, others sparring, and a few heading out to take care of missions. The doors of the library came into view, and seeing the doors open, he strode into the building and saw Al Mualim before a podium with a large tome placed upon it, its papers worn and looking as if the slightest of touches would turn them to dust.

As he approached, the older man looked up from the tome and his eyes set on Karim."Ah, you have arrived, at last," the older man said, moving away from the podium towards him.

"I have indeed, Al Mualim," Karim said, standing before his mentor with a small smile on his face. He saw the older man nod, his long beard swaying as he did, and produced a parchment from his long black robes and held it towards Karim. He took it from Al Mualim's hands and looked at the sealed letter, a frown forming on his face, and before he could ask his question, his mentor answered it for him.

"In there is your target, assassin," Al Mualim said then he turned back towards the podium. "I fear the Templars are growing bolder every passing day. They plan something, and of what I do not know. Your target, Karim, you are to tail him and do no more than that until you have sufficient information from him. Learn his secrets, and give him peace."

Karim bowed, "I will do as is bid of me, Al Mualim," he said and turned back towards the door, unsealing the letter and looking at the single name on the letter. Hassan Sheikh. There might as well have been no name on there since it was all too common in Masyaf. He wanted to go back and ask Al Mualim just who this Hassan Sheikh was, but he got the feeling that the older man would only answer in a way that would leave more questions than answeres. It seemed it was up to him alone to figure out who this man was.

He descended the steps from the library and left the sanctuary from where he entered it, and pulled his cowl over his face as he went into the stables; after saddling a horse, he mounted it and drove his ankles into its flanks riding it towards the city. He had an idea of how to figure out who his target was, but the thought of it made him grit his teeth. Karim wished there was a more convenient method, but it was as convenient as it was going to get, he supposed.

As the city came into view, he dismounted his horse and tethered it to a nearby tree and walked towards the gates.

Last edited by Torack on Sat May 23, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clayst
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Haunting Bishop   Fri May 22, 2015 10:20 pm

This is nice. I hope you work more on this.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt-nIQC4bggU_0I-OB7cIVQ
Torack

PostSubject: Re: A Haunting Bishop   Sat May 23, 2015 3:00 am

As he walked through the gates, Karim kept his head slightly bowed to allow his cowl's shadow to obscure most of his face, the guards however payed little heed to him. Yet, that wasn't the reason why he tried to keep himself anonymous. He was an assassin, and as assassins are wont to do, he assassinates individuals, and it wouldn't be any good if the city's guards caught him because they recognized his face. Then again, he was wearing an assassin's robes, but that could easily turn into a cleric's once he removed his hood, allowing him to blend in with the populace.

Once he was past the gate, he looked up at the sun, noticing its position in the sky and started heading to a certain mosque where he would ambush the man he wanted to meet. The man, if anything, was predictable. Always went to the same mosque and always headed to the same place afterwards, using the same rout. Karim neared the giant building and decided that he would scale a smaller structure that was angled out of its way, but in a position that he could see and reach the mosque's entrance with ease from the rooftops. He waited, perched on the building's edge for a long while until the man he wanted stepped out. Tall with grey robes and a black turban over his head, the man had a short black beard and red belt tied to his waist. Karim stood from the perch and walked along the clothes lines from building to building, tailing his intended target until the man turned into an empty street.

Karim jumped down from the building adjacent to the man, landing right in front of him and stood, seeing the man's face go pale, then red as he put a hand to his chest. "Bloody hell," the man spat, his chest heaving. "You nearly gave me a heart attack, Karim."

"Sorry," Karim said with a smile that said he wasn't at all. "I had to see you, and didn't want to be seen with you in public, is all."

"You mean you didn't want me to be seen with you. I'm the one sticking my neck out for the brotherhood, you know; and it isn't making my life any easier with you here."

"I wouldn't come to you unless it was important, Malik," Karim said placing a hand on the man's shoulder. "Do you know of anyone named Hassan Sheikh?"

"You couldn't choose a more common name other than Muhammad, my friend. I know a couple hundred, why?"

"I need a specific Hassan Sheikh who's in the Templar order. Do you know of him?"

Malik furrowed his brows as he thought, then nodded. "I do indeed. A hard man to reach, he is. Although, I'll tell you, It isn't his real name. The man's paranoid and craven, changing his name every few years to keep himself inconspicuous. Or out of the hands of assassins."

"Do you know his real name? Or where I can find him?"

"I do, and I will tell you. But I need something in return. You know how these things work."

"Bloody hell, fine. What do you need?"

"There's a Templar named George Janvier who is here in Masyaf. Been here a couple of months and he already suspects that I'm not exactly who I claim to be. I can't have my cover blown."

"Won't you be doing that yourself when I kill him? No doubt he's already voiced his concern over you to the others."

"He has, but he also has enemies. I've already began preparations to frame another Templar, a jealous, power hungry man. I intended to do the deed myself, but now that you're here... I needn't unveil my hidden blade."

"Lucky you," Karim said, then turned towards the building and looked to Malik. "Where can I find this Janvier?"

"His estate is east of the market place, quite hard to miss. The man is extravagant. You know how the French are."

Karim nodded and climbed up the building and started going towards the market place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torack

PostSubject: Re: A Haunting Bishop   Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 am

It didn't take him long to reach the market place, and when he did he turned due east and started once again going from building to building towards a small, but extravagant looking palace, with its own outer wall surrounding the building's perimeter along with a set of guards walking the grounds in protection of the structure and its owner. Instead of going straight towards it, he noticed a large minaret about a hundred metres left of the palace and went building-to-building over to it.

It didn't take Karim long to reach the top, but by the time he did, he was winded and his arms ached from the exertion. He took a few moments to control his breathing and looked to the palace. At the top of the minaret, he was able to get a view of most of the entire grounds using only his eyes. Then he closed his lids and breathed in, concentrating on every single one of his senses, and when he opened them once again, he was able to hear and see clearer than he was able to moments before. He examined the grounds, and counted fifteen guards on the outside, noticing a pattern to their walks, then closed his senses in on mumbling within the palace walls itself. More guards were inside talking to Janvier, perhaps a personal retinue? It seemed likely, he thought. The Templar discovered an undercover assassin, it would be foolish of him not to make preparations to prevent one of them from stabbing him in the neck.

His gaze then shifted to the roof of the palace. Ten guards were placed there with greatswords at their backs and halberds in arms, all of them wearing an ornate cuirass with lobstered pauldrons and guantlets that reached the mid point of their forarm along with plated legs. Beneath the armour they wore chain. Karim decided the roof was no longer a viable option to get to his target, going through there would either spell certain doom, or their armour would prevent him from killing them long enough to allow Janvier to escape.

Karim's eyes swept away from the roof and landed on a rather loud and extravagant drunk with a bottle of wine in his hands just in front of the western wall of Janvier's palace. He was wobbling as he walked in a wide circle, screaming profanities at anyone who happened to pass by, the guards on the wall looking down at him with mild amusement. On the northern face of the wall, near the portcullis, was a small group of French painters making their way out, buckets and tools in hand.

"To think we're going to be painting Lord Janvier's place tonight," one of them said excitedly in French. "The money we'll get from it will set us up for a decade."

"If you can keep your excitement in check long enough to get the job done," another of the painters said. An older man. Karim withdrew his gaze from painters as a thought came to him. He stood and descended from the tall minaret. When he was low enough, he jumped onto another building, landing in a roll and continued into a run following the painters from up high. He slowed down to a jog when he was close enough and followed them to the place they were staying in. It was only the five of them staying in there, and once he had done his reconnaissance, Karim turned from the building and headed to one of the assassins' safe houses, where he bought throwing knives and smoke pallets from the agent stationed there.

Once he was done, he lingered on the roof of the safe house as he mentally went over his plan a number of times with his eyes closed, and waited until the cover of nightfall to move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torack

PostSubject: Re: A Haunting Bishop   Sat May 23, 2015 8:34 pm

When nightfall fell, Karim stood from his perch and made his way to the painters' building, when he got there he saw them a few meters ahead, with their paint buckets and tools along with them. He mentally calculated the time it would take them to reach the palace and when he was done he ran along the roofs until he was at the last building that faced the palace, and he noticed the drunk was still there, although he was far less active than he was during the day.

Karim climbed down from the building and approached the drunkard, who was slumped on the wall looking pitifully at an empty wine bottle. "Looking for a drink, friend?" Karim asked when he was in front of the man. The drunkard looked up, his red eyes glazed over and he cocked his head, interested in what Karim had to say. "Well?"

"Do you have it on you?"

"I did," Karim lied, then crouched so that his face was level with the drunkard's, his alcoholic breath nearly suffocating the assassin. "However, some of the lord's thugs overtook me when I intended to bring the wine to you. I thought I'd let you know. They should be coming soon, dressed as French painters." Karim looked at the man and saw that he understood, then the assassin stood and walked away, and climbed a nearby building and crouched on its edge.

He watched as the painters walked towards the portcullis of the Jenvier's palace only to be assaulted by an angry drunk. His ever present smile widened as the drunkard slapped a can down from one the painter's hands, spilling thick, red liquid all over the floor. Then the painters started yelling at the drunkard, shoving and causing enough of a commotion to draw the guards' attention. Seeing his cue, Karim dropped from the building and scaled the outer wall of the palace and landed on the other side, within Janvier's grounds.

A garden filled with bushes and tall grass with sparse trees and patches of grouped flowers covered the space between the wall and the palace. Karim looked around for a moment, knowing full well that most of the guards were distracted by the commotion beyond the portcullis while the remaining few had no way of seeing him. He kept to the long grass as he approached the building, occasionally going from tall grass to bush, and back again. He was a few dozen metres from the palace's front door when a guard stopped right in front of him, and Karim stopped cold, his breathing caught in his throat.

The guard seemed oblivious to him, looking to either side of him, and before he moved on, Karim struck. He stood from where he crouched, placed a hand over the guard's mouth and just as the man mumbled in shock and confusion, Karim slit the man's throat with his hidden blade, and set him down softly onto the ground, and the guard's hands immediately went to his throat, trying to stop to the outflow of blood as he drowned and turned blue.

Karim moved on, however, not sparing the guard a second glance, and moved to the side of the palace and began climbing it until he came upon an open window, and went into it. He closed his eyes, and activated his eagle vision, using all of his senses to locate Janvier, and he heard the man along with the footsteps of his ten guards in a room that was below the one he was in. Karim also noticed, besides the ten guards, there were no others save on the other wing, and he couldn't be sure how many as they were too far. It was good enough, however. He needn't worry about those guards. Only the ones that kept to his target's person.

The assassin descended the steps and came upon a white ornate wooden door, and inside he heard the voice of Janvier speaking about one thing or another, something that didn't concern him at all. Taking a deep breath, Karim kicked the door open causing the ten guards to all turn their heads towards him; he saw the target's face turn from impassive to horror as the assassin ran into the room. Janvier made to stand up and run, but Karim threw down a smoke pallet as the guards closed in around him, and he used its cover to weave around them, then in one clean movement passed his hidden blade into Janvier's neck as he ran at him, dropping him to the floor, and Karim continued into a roll, stood, and jumped out of the window.

He landed hard on the thick grass, and grunted with pain. The fall wasn't high enough to break anything, but it would leave bruises. Idiot, he said to himself as he stood as he saw a few guards' heads turn towards him. Cursing he ran to the outer wall, scaled it, jumped to the other side, and ran into the shadows of the alleyway. He kept running, using his knowledge of the streets to lose anyone that might be tailing him. After a while, he stopped, his breathing heavy, and his face slick with sweat. He turned back to the palace, hearing the distinct sounds of angry Frenchmen as they tried to figure out what happened. Karim grimaced and made his way to the safe house. The guards had seen him, he'd been sloppy and jumping out of the window was extremely foolish, something he did at the spur of the moment.

The news would reach the Templars by morning, he knew, and Malik could be in trouble. He would have to warn the man. Perhaps even save him, since he indirectly ordered for his death. Cursing his own stupidness, he walked into the safe house and descended a set of stairs where he came into a room with several bunks. He removed his hidden blade threw it onto a bed and sat on its edge. His foolishness might cost his friend's life, if he didn't act soon, however he was sure with Malik's resourcefulness, he would know what had happened and be able to get out of the city and back to the Sanctuary before anything happened to him. Or so Karim hoped. He would still need to go to that particular mosque in the morning to catch his friend and warn him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Haunting Bishop   

Back to top Go down

A Haunting Bishop
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1