Assassin's Creed RPG Forum
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Welcome to the Assassin's Creed Roleplaying Forum! We are a very new site, and are in need of new members. Instead of being a stalker and creepily viewing the forum as a guest, why don't you join? We would benefit from your membership. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Admin (me) by PM or email.

~Hannah L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here you can role play as your favorite characters from the AC series, as well as your own! All games and time periods are included in this forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Administration of ACRPF
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Rise of the Shark((Void)
"It's Just Across the Street." EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:32 pm by DarkAssassin

» I have Returned
"It's Just Across the Street." EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 12:15 pm by DarkAssassin

» Solomon Norrys
"It's Just Across the Street." EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:38 pm by Absner

» The Sands of Time
"It's Just Across the Street." EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm by DarkAssassin

» The best of the worst (closed)
"It's Just Across the Street." EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:08 pm by Voidmon

"It's Just Across the Street."

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

"It's Just Across the Street." Empty
PostSubject: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 am

"Look, the cafe is just across the street. It'll only take a sec."

"Just get your ass back here when your done.And if you're caught, I ain't covering for you."

His coworker's voice faded as Nathaniel Pasternack rushed out of the Employee's Lounge and skidded down the hall, stopping only briefly to avoid being seen by a desk clerk. Technically, he should be working on Abstergo Entertainments "most important" project they'd assigned him, but right now all he could think of was another steamy cup of coffee. The kind they served in the office tasted stale, and he needed something powerful to wake himself up. He'd stayed up till four in the morning last night.

Nathaniel finally made it to the entrance of Abstergo Entertainment. As the glass doors slid open, he paused to take in the cool, fresh air. Just across the street was Marilynn's Cafe, a small shop that he believed served the best cup of coffee.

People and cars busily took turns across the street. Birds sung. The sun streamed through the clouds. For once Nathaniel felt free, and as he walked across the street to his favorite cafe, he momentarily ignored every thought related to work.
Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 am

Watching from the far left table closest to the window in Marilynn's Cafe Adin sat silently watching as his target exited the building. His job was seeming easier already.

The guy was a curious one always prying at things he shouldn't and the guy also hated his job, though not so much that he would disobey an instruction. His first thought was that he was just a complainer who when it came down to it didn't care but there was more to it than that, a certain skittishness around the high ups more so than the usual led min to believe there was a smidgen of fear there.

So convincing him to work for Adins employer shouldn't be much more than a little convincing, maybe a smudge of threatening and then an offer to keep him safe from retribution. He would make his move after his target had sat down to wait for his coffee to be made.
Back to top Go down
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 12:38 pm

The cafe door slid open with a soft swoosh as Nathaniel entered the cafe. The air was warm with the smell of coffee and melted caramel, and at the counter stood a young woman, probably six or seven years younger than himself. He pulled his hood over his head and made his way to the cashier, though he avoided her eyes and didn't offer any smile. He didn't like women much.

"What can I get you, sir?" The cashier asked cheerily.

"Caramel macchiato... with extra caramel." He loved caffeine and sugar so much, it's almost become an addiction. Almost.

The cashier nodded and handed the order to the man working next to her, who looked as if he'd just gotten out of bed. Afterwards, she turned back to Nathaniel to let him know it will "only be a moment," but he'd already gone off to wait at a table. He walked straight past Adin, not sparing him a single glance and unaware of his pressence.
Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Watching Nathaniel order his coffee he slid over and as he walked past he left a note on the table. 5 Minutes back of the alleyway second door on the left don't be late. He then quickly but without drawing attention to himself moved himself into position Three floors up on a balcony above the door.

As he sat there he and watched carefully he noticed that a man across the street hadn't moved since before Adin entered the coffee shop. He didn't mind, that man could be delt with later noting his numberplate and facial features in the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Leaning back on his chair, Nathaniel had been lost in thought when he noticed someone's hand flash over his table. His eyes darted between the newly placed note on the tabletop and the stranger who left it. A mixture of annoyance and curiosity flashed across his face.

"What the hell?" He said a bit too loudly, making some nearby moms flinch and throw him a nasty look. "Don't leave your crap on my table..."

But the stranger had already left, leaving Nathaniel talking to himself. He grunted and stood to go grab his drink, but snatched the note and was about to crumple it up when he noticed the writing. He didn't know if it was a joke or if it was meant to be serious.

"Sir, your drink?"

Nathaniel snapped back to the present and realized he'd been staring at the piece of paper with an odd look on his face. Grabbing his drink from the irritatingly happy cashier, he walked outside and began heading back to Abstergo Entertainment, but stopped suddenly. Oh, come on... Inwardly, he sighed and glanced back towards the alleyway the note had mentioned. Curiosity burned inside him and, deciding he was making a stupid decision, started to backtrack and headed towards the note's given destination.
Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 am

Watching his target Adin noticed the indecision before Nate finally turned around and walked down the alleyway. He also noticed the man across the street staring at him before beginning to follow him down the alley.

He waited until Nate was inside before dropping to the floor. Midway through his fall the man who was following Nate noticed him but Adin gave him no chance to react as he hit the floor simultaneously throwing one of the knives from behind his collar, the man was dead before Adin finished his roll. He quickly scanned the area to ensure no-one had seen what had happened before grabbing and cleaning his knife and disposing of the body.

Hoping his target hadn't noticed the scuffle, he quietly entered the building after Nate.
Back to top Go down
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:38 am

The air felt cool and damp against Nathaniel's face as he arrived at his destination. The concrete floor was dusty and littered with trash; it seemed a few homeless people had set up camp a couples places here, also.

I'll just scan the area, then head back, Nathaniel thought as he carefully stepped over a pile of broken glass.

He thought he heard something outside, but when he looked back he saw nothing. Gripping his drink, his desire for caffeine suddenly vanished.

Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:47 am

He saw Nate standing looking petrified Adin was not lookig forward to this conversation in fact he never looked forward to any conversations.

"A proposal for you" handing Nate a sheet of paper from Adin's employer detailing how he was to forward all information on the "most important" case he was working on for Abstergo to said employer. "I am here to make it happen got-it?" Adin said with a hint of a threat in his thick Aussie accent.
Back to top Go down
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:41 am

"Holy hell!" The young man spun around at the sound of someone's voice and dropped the coffee cup. He backed away when the man handed out the sheet of paper, his eyes wide. He was silent for a moment, glancing between the paper and the man, before narrowing his eyes.

"I'm not taking that... not until you explain to me exactly who you are and what you're doing creeping on me."

Oh god, Nathaniel inwardly cringed as he awaited the other's response. What have I gotten myself into...?
Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 4:53 am

"I'm me" Adin replyed calmly, locking the door as he stepping around the spilled coffee to hand nate the sheet. "And I'm doing my job" Slightly annoyed that he was answering pointless questions that will all be explained on the letter

He quickly scanned the guy quickly checking for any weapons of some sort and unless they were well concealed he was weaponless. To emphasise the point he drew out one of his heavyweight throwing knives from his left boot sheath and placed it non threateningly on the floor "I'm not here to kill"
Back to top Go down
Sphere1414
Sphere1414

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 11:31 am

"You're you, that's... that's great." Nathaniel responded sarcastically, feeling a rush of anger.

But his heart began thudding in his chest when he noticed the throwing knives the stranger placed on the floor. His chest rose and fell rapidly, and he struggled to maintain his breathing. He eyed the throwing knives the man had placed on the floor, feeling pale for a moment, but quickly attempted to compose himself.

Sliding his foot softly against the floor, he leaned forward and tentatively took the sheet of paper before quickly withdrawing, fearing the other might swiftly pull out some sort of weapon and kill him on the spot.

As Nathaniel scanned the paper, a mixture of emotions ran over his face.

"Look, I'm just an employee at Abstergo Entertainment." He looked back up. "Maybe whoever sent this to me is in it for the money, but this 'most important' case... all I do is just edit historical videos for the public to enjoy."

Back to top Go down
Adin's_Wrath
Adin's_Wrath

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:15 am

Starting to feel this conversation had gone on long enough Adin picked up his knife and re sheathed it. He also reached into his pocket and withdrew a phone and lay it where the knife was."Any questions call my employer"

As Adin turned around to leave he said. "This time this place three weeks."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It's Just Across the Street."   "It's Just Across the Street." Empty

Back to top Go down

"It's Just Across the Street."
Page 1 of 1